mario-outtaHere.gif
image.jpg
images.jpg
hypnotize-1.gif
map-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpg
framed-studs-1.jpg
DearWDP.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider giardiasis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

People that price their pins WAY over price are the same ones that think their poop don't smell.
Price it fairly and you will have people snatching your pins.

#17 9 years ago

Humm, a popeye for $2,500? I may have to think about that

Quoted from t2:Only if you want to over pay. JP is a $3000 game now? Any decent system 11 is priced at $2000 and over? $6000 for Scared Stiff, Champion Pub, etc, etc.
Home owners wanting $2500 for Popeye!

Humm, a popeye for $2,500? I may have to think about that

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Yes, but what should be "fairly priced" is still sitting.
The questions I am asking are" Are there less buyers? Less money? Or are buyers just being more patient?

When I got my first pin, I was anxious to just get one, even if I had to overpay. Now, I am trying to strike a deal with a local seller for a pin I really want. He has it overpriced(IMO) and we are at a stalemate over a $100. As far as I am concerned, if stubbornness on the part of a seller would cause them to miss-out on a sale for such a small amount, than I rather miss the purchase and use my $100 for a nice steak dinner.
I personally feel that many sellers feel that they are trying to sell the ark of the covenant, rather than realizing that most pins come and go plentifully in the market.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I also think threads like this make things soft. Sort of the sky is falling type stuff.

We need to "firm" things up around here ASAP!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If it's a pin I really want and it's local, then quibbling over $100 is me being stupid, not the seller being stubborn.
If shipping is involved, maybe it's a different story.

Seller needs to sell, buyer has liberty to decline. To me, a seller willing to loose $3k over $100 seems more likely the stubborn one
Like I said earlier, that nice steak dinner beats owning any pin

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You're on the wrong forum.

Not on the wrong forum mate, it's just that pinball isn't my life like it is for some

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh it's not my life at all...just my favorite hobby. The only time a steak is going to beat out a new pin is if I just got voted off Survivor after 30 days.

Nah, rather save my $100 and get that steak dinner. It's a brave, new world out there. Look around, you may find more noble pursuits to call your favorite

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I find people get butt hurt at an offer for just 100 or 200 under their asking price and never get back to you. those sellers go on my blacklist. I do not need to deal with that shit...

^+1

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i've sold 2 games in the last month.
1 pin
1 arcade
both sold in within like 4 hours of posting.
about to sell another.
i'd say the market is "grrrrrreat".

It still begs the question..... Were your prices grrreat as well?

#156 9 years ago

I think we can all agree it NOT a sellers market. On to the next debate.....
Is global warming fact or fiction? And, can the increased temperature lead to eventual cab fading, pin damage, etc? Will this eventually soften the market even further? We need to know! This is legitimate "circle of life" stuff right here!

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

umm... i'm selling and doing great.
just saying...

Pinside member needs a vocabulary lesson. If we are going to use the terms "sellers" and "buyers" market, let's use them properly. Just sayin'

seller's market
noun
: a situation in which few things of the same kind are for sale, prices are high, and sellers have an advantage over buyers
Full Definition
:a market in which goods are scarce, buyers have a limited range of choice, and prices are high — compare buyer's market

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

it's definitely still a sellers market. If you think having to wait a week instead of a day to sell a game for the same price or for 95% of the price that it woulda got a year ago, then you're crazy.

Re-read definition of "sellers market". Just because people are selling pins, doesn't make it a sellers market. They are just selling pins. There is a distinction.
But, I could be crazy. Cheers for the compliment

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Bah, market is just fine when I see a routed WPT on Pinside sell in less than a day with a 2400 asking price. (Today) Soft market my ass. I've got two people that want to buy games that I don't even have listed for sale yet. Market seems fine to me.

I feel reassured by these observations. I stand corrected, it is indeed a "sellers" market. All I need to do is dig up my old Popeye. I am sure I can get at least $3.5-4k for it all day. I think it's all starting to gel together.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

No, tryin to sell a 2400 game for 3500 is only gonna happen once in a blue moon. That has nothing to do with the discussion in this thread. There are alwys going to be people asking a lot more than their games are worth. That trend is not really exclusive to pinball.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#183 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Maybe you should look up the meaning of ethics? Clearly you are searching for the true meaning and keep missing it. Let me recommend Webster's

Definition of ethics??? Many of our dear pinside members are still struggling with the definition and understanding of what a "sellers" market is. Take it easy on them, man!
Remember, "baby steps"

#193 9 years ago

How noble!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider giardiasis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-this-pinball-market-is-soft?tu=giardiasis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.