mario-outtaHere.gif
image.jpg
images.jpg
hypnotize-1.gif
map-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpg
framed-studs-1.jpg
DearWDP.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago

Well, it is not stopping the crazy pricing from coming up... 3300 j parks, 1850 sfII's and cl is really starting to get loaded with way overpriced stuff... 2000 em titles...

High end titles yep, your right 5 to 7 k games are just sitting.

#47 9 years ago

Enjoyment is key to it all, this what it should be all about. Problem is, and I cannot understand it, is people buying these 8k limited edition games then wanting to sell right after, what really amazes me is how many preorder a game they have never seen... I figure if I ever pay 8k for a game (and seriously doubt I ever would) I had dam we'll have played it and really had to have it. Personally except for a few titles like IJ or taf... I am happy with games 2500 and under.

#92 9 years ago

Simple really, a lot of the games being sold were purchased when the prices were high, so the sellers are trying to get that money back, over the past 6 months there has been a minor correction, maybe major with certain titles, some games were just over paid for.

If I remember correctly, Simpsons, LOTR, Sopranos, games of that time were around 4K retail, you hardly ever see any of these (Soprano's not included) under 4K, in fact you see them close to 5K.. remakes may play a small part, but I think a lot of people just over paid for machines, and find out when they go to sell them, that they are not moving at those prices.. so it stops them from buying.. remember this is a VERY SMALL community.. most people you mention pinball to, do not even realize they still make them.. and the idea of paying thousands for a machine.. they will just download an app that has the game for a few bucks, and it is good enough for them..

Other side, again, this being a small community, many have HAD most of the titles they wanted over the years and are not interested in getting them back.

Not to mention 8K-9K titles being released are also flooding the market with older titles, and some at prices that are still high for most..

And the market for games at 8K +... well that is a very very tiny market.

I mentioned it before and I say it again, enough with the limited editions, make one version and sell all the add on's they like.. do not take away from things that factor into game play like drop targets and spinners.. If you want neon ramps, that can be an option, if you want a fish tank of heads on top of the game, that can be an option, if you want a special backglass, that can be an option....

The high prices probably drove away a lot of the people who could not afford them... I believe there is a reduction of buyers, and I believe those who paid 8K for a game like STLE and are now having to sell them for 6K, might not be so willing to spend big bucks again..

Just opinions.

#98 9 years ago

One other note there are flaky sellers out there as well, do not get back to you, or even better refuse to give you a price, my favorite is what do you want to pay...I always say 1.00... have a price and stop fishing! And if you have an ad respond!

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I have a South Park for sale.

Why in TX...never where you want it to be!

#119 9 years ago

Shipping always kills it for me.. 500 bucks to ship a game these days.

#128 9 years ago

Where is the South Park listed.. Dam mystic hand voodoo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-this-pinball-market-is-soft?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.