mario-outtaHere.gif
image.jpg
images.jpg
hypnotize-1.gif
map-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpg
framed-studs-1.jpg
DearWDP.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm going to point out some fundamentals of a market that many in this thread either misunderstand or don't want to understand or believe:
A seller sets an asking price. If a buyer says I'll take it at that price, it is unethical to not sell or try to change the price.
If a buyer sees an item that has an asking price that he is unwilling to pay, he can either look away or offer a price he is willing to pay.
At this point, the seller can:
a. ignore the seller because he believes there is a gap too far to bridge.
b. simply reply with "you'll have to do better than that"
c. offer a lower price (haggle)
or (most importantly)
d. accept the offer and expect the buyer to follow through.
It's the internet big wheels that make offers and then back out that really suck the worst. They cost a lot of time and make sellers miss out on legitimate offers.
If the buyer and seller find agreeable terms, the transaction takes place and the market price is set. There is no reason for butt-hurt sellers or know-the-market buyers to get emotional. Typically, what really happens is that people realize they are wasting their time on a deal that can't happen and they get frustrated.
Back on topic, my market isn't soft. I have great interest and just sold my most expensive pin yesterday for full asking price. Now if you are counting on cheap pinsiders to pay your asking prices, you might think the bottom is falling out. Otherwise, not so much.

If there was any ethics in pinball, there wouldn't be any businesses selling pins for highly inflated prices
Nor would we have the Stern model of "you don't get the 'complete' game unless you spend almost $10k".
You want to sell a pinball machine? Be prepared to waste time dealing "interested parties". If you think that is different from selling a car, or a guitar, or a stack of old comic books, then you have obviously never listed something for sale on Craigslist, Kijiji, etc.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

If only you knew.. I've been making my own living buying and selling for the last 15 years. I don't waste much time with "interested parties". It does happen, but I qualify them pretty quickly and the last time I had one, they solicited me from this board. That's another reason no one knows what I'm selling here. The buyers are mostly cheap jackasses (myself included)... but I thought we all knew that.

So then you knowingly sell to people who won't haggle as hard and won't have as good an idea of realistic market value? Can't exactly complain about ethics if you're doing the same thing....

That sounds kind of rude, and I apologize if that bothers you. I'm glad you have been making a living from something you love, but you just sound really jaded by it. It sucks that there are lots of tire kickers in this hobby, but it's probably due in part to the fact that the prices on pins is absolutely ridiculous. If you love pinball, and you want to own your own, you are of course going to try and bring the price down so it's a bit more justifiable and reasonable. I don't think criticizing people for doing what each and every one of us do is fair at all. Who wouldn't want the same product for cheaper?

Is there a single person on pinside who would say "yes, the NIB $14,000 Tron LE is far superior and a much better deal than the NIB $9,000 Tron LE"? Why would anyone choose the more expensive one? So when a person decides to say "that's too expensive", why does everyone jump on them? Sure, I find it rude, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-this-pinball-market-is-soft?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.