mario-outtaHere.gif
image.jpg
images.jpg
hypnotize-1.gif
map-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpg
framed-studs-1.jpg
DearWDP.jpg
image.jpg
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

The market is great for buyers
I have picked up:
Sorcerer - $170
Space Station - $100
Pool Sharks - $100
Granted the machines needed some work, but even with parts and new boards, I am still under a grand for three great games. I do see the same machines for sale week after week from the guys that are trying to flip for top dollar.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

The market is great for buyers
I have picked up:
Sorcerer - $170
Space Station - $100
Pool Sharks - $100
Granted the machines needed some work, but even with parts and new boards, I am still under a grand for three great games. I do see the same machines for sale week after week from the guys that are trying to flip for top dollar.

Awesome. Good for you daddy o.
I have been thinking of starting a thread about this topic for some time.
Like anything else, everything that goes up will go down.
The true believers among us who love pinball will keep loving pinball.
The flippers/ speculators etc will move on to the next thing they see to try to get rich quick. The smart ones who get in early will make some money.
The sheep that get in the game late will lose money and blame someone or something for their bad luck.
The most important thing to remember is to just play pinball often and have fun.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

The sheep that get in the game late will lose money and blame someone or something for their bad luck.

And keep pumping the "under rated" claim and "just trying to get out of the game what I paid for it".

Awesome luck Daddy-o!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

And keep pumping the "under rated" claim and "just trying to get out of the game what I paid for it".
Awesome luck Daddy-o!

I having fun and low prices make it easier! I also just sold my Pat Hand and Gorgar to make room/upgrade and sold both for less than I paid for them. And nothing for my labor to get them running. I think I like working on them more than playing.

#105 9 years ago

Keep me in mind if you decide to sell the Sorcerer. It's the game that got me hooked on pinball 24 years ago.

#106 9 years ago

Keep me in mind if you decide to sell the Sorcerer. It's the game that got me hooked on pinball 24 years ago.

Sorcerer is an awesome game. I got mine for $150, but it was in pieces. The only thing missing was the display controller board. Sent my playfield out to John Greatwich and am going to do a full restore on it.

#107 9 years ago

Not in the foreseeable future. It's my 14 year old daughters favorite and is one of the few things that gets her out of her room and off the iphone.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

It's my 14 year old daughters favorite and is one of the few things that gets her out of her room and off the iphone.

HA! Glad I am not the only one. High Speed is my 13 year old daughters fav and I don't know if I can ever sell it without her losing it, lol.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Sorcerer is an awesome game. I got mine for $150, but it was in pieces. The only thing missing was the display controller board. Sent my playfield out to John Greatwich and am going to do a full restore on it.

Yea, my playfield is all bare wood between the top flipper and the targets. But it plays like a champ!

#110 9 years ago

I had a nice Space Shuttle that sat for over a week at $975 and I currently have a really nice Comet for sale at $875 without even a nibble after 4 days. I'd say I sell my games at a fair price, but if no one is interested in these titles at a "fair" price in my area, does it really matter?

in spite of people here saying SS is a $2000 pin, $975 is upper end in reality, unless its a really good restored one.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

in spite of people here saying SS is a $2000 pin, $975 is upper end in reality, unless its a really good restored one.

Do you have any games for sale?

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

or a new playfield

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Granted we are always slow going into the holiday season.............

prices typically go up during the holidays.

#114 9 years ago

One other thing is I don't think it's crazy or unreasonable that it took someone a week+ to sell a game. Or to not get interest in 4 days. There are a lot of games out there. A game like Comet isn't exactly a high demand title.

So often it's just about finding the right buyer. Someone really wants a Comet. But they're not obsessively checking Pinside or CL every hour on the hour. Sometimes it's really just the luck of the draw for your ad to get in front of that buyer. Who might happily pay your price. Gotta be patient.

#115 9 years ago

I have a South Park for sale.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I have a South Park for sale.

Why in TX...never where you want it to be!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Why in TX...never where you want it to be!

happy to get it wrapped for safe travel and work with your shipper to load up.
just PM me here on pinside

#118 9 years ago

The hobby money is going into the pockets of manufacturers instead of back into the pockets of the hobbyists. It's leaving the circle, and that is what spells a dry spot.

Luckily still a lot of people waiting with cash that will pick up the slack, but not forever. Companies will suck dry what there is and inevitably kill it all again, and it will dry up again, and the cycle will start all over.

#119 9 years ago

Shipping always kills it for me.. 500 bucks to ship a game these days.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

i'm getting shipping for about $370ish these days for a pin.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

$430 for me from Memphis to Upstate NY. Only reason I was willing to fork over that much is because the one I bought is pretty hard to get

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm getting shipping for about $370ish these days for a pin.

$370?
East Coast --> West Coast $450 via STI.
-mof

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

$370?
East Coast --> West Coast $450 via STI.
-mof

ahh... i'm right between the coasts. maybe that's why it's lower ?
i receive & send in all directions.

map-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpgmap-of-Texas-in-USA-2.jpg

#124 9 years ago

This is certainly how every Texan I've ever known sees the U.S. map...

#125 9 years ago

Terminal to terminal is still only about $240-$270 from midwest to wherever.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

This is certainly how every Texan I've ever known sees the U.S. map...

And we live smack dab in the middle of it!

Thank goodness I don't need another pin Labnip, you are too close!

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And we live smack dab in the middle of it!
Thank goodness I don't need another pin Labnip, you are too close!

you want to buy my South Park. . .
you w-a-n-t to buy my South Park . . . . .

hypnotize-1.gifhypnotize-1.gif

#128 9 years ago

Where is the South Park listed.. Dam mystic hand voodoo

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

or a new playfield

as stated, a super restored one. even a new pf in a marginal game overall, is still a $600 game with a $600 playfield

#130 9 years ago

Do you have any games for sale?

nope, mine is a keeper.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I just ask the person what is the lowest price they would be happy to sell it to me for (If I am not willing to pay the asking price or there is OBO or whatever...).
If I am not happy to buy it at that price, then I thank them for letting me know and move on.
In any transaction there is the buyer's best price (Give it to me free!), the sellers best price (one meeeelion dollars!) and a price at which they are hopefully both happy. Most good deals get done at the happy price.
And by good deals, I mean ones in which both parties are happy rather than one party doing their best to make the other feel like a piece of crap.

The seller posts their sale price, why do they have to post your buy price too? That puts everything on the seller. I really don't like it when people say "what's your lowest price"? Make on offer and negotiate! If the seller has posted his price, state yours and go from there.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The seller posts their sale price, why do they have to post your buy price too? That puts everything on the seller. I really don't like it when people say "what's your lowest price"? Make on offer and negotiate! If the seller has posted his price, state yours and go from there.

I find people get butt hurt at an offer for just 100 or 200 under their asking price and never get back to you. those sellers go on my blacklist. I do not need to deal with that shit...

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

As I thought I stated if I like the sellers price, I will pay it. I don't have a compulsive need to try and knock down a sale price "just because".

If the price is coo-coo for cocoa puffs crazy, I will usually not even bother contacting the seller.

The one exception is when it seems the seller is not sure of the price, e.g. they tell you in the ad to make them an offer. In that case I will just ask "what do you want out of this game to get it out of your home", which brings me back to the first scenario above.

I don't think this is a complicated philosophy

#134 9 years ago

images.jpgimages.jpg

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

as stated, a super restored one. even a new pf in a marginal game overall, is still a $600 game with a $600 playfield

I didn't realize "super restored" was an actual grading condition.

I disagree with your pf scenario as well and i think i'm not alone on that matter unless you're saying it's installed in a game incorrectly/inop with every item in the game needing replacement. even if the remainder of the parts are "players game" quality, it's worth a premium over one with a blown out playfield. At least TO ME it is.

#136 9 years ago

It's in the same category as "HUO since 20xx"

Quoted from davewtf:

#137 9 years ago

I don't agree at least for me. It took me forever to find a Whirlwind in the shape I was looking for, Finally bought one out of state and had shipped. Wasn't bargin basement pricing either.

Also traveled 600 miles RT to get another pin in great shape in june. Lastest purchase looked at numerous options and elected to buy new Star Trek Pro. I should be good for now, time to ski and snowmobile. Cheers.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I disagree with your pf scenario as well and i think i'm not alone on that matter unless your saying it's installed in a game incorrectly/inop with every item in the game needing replacement. even if the remainder of the parts are "players game" quality, it's worth a premium over one with a blown out playfield. At least TO ME it is.

there are no actual grading conditions and I wasn't going to say "high end" or people here get pissy unless it was actually HEP. The point was SS is a base 600 game, if you just throw a PF in its a 600 game with a 600 playfield. you might get 1200. That's not a super restored game by any means. People are doing exactly that and asking 2k or more, is freaking insane. Even a really nice space shuttle is still a space shuttle. I love the game, mines not going anywhere, but its not a 2k game unless you find one still in the box and stored well, otherwise even that NIB is likely going to be trashed. Sure I might get more than 1200 for mine if I were selling and found the right sucker, and I'd gladly take as much as a sucker is willing to give. That still does not mean it was "worth" that much. If you were at expo you would have seen mine, its very nice, its a fun game, but its still "just" space shuttle.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I find people get butt hurt at an offer for just 100 or 200 under their asking price and never get back to you. those sellers go on my blacklist. I do not need to deal with that shit...

^+1

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Where is the South Park listed.. Dam mystic hand voodoo

Hi,

South Park pinball for sale.
Here you go --> https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/15934

PM me here and I can send pix.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

As I thought I stated if I like the sellers price, I will pay it. I don't have a compulsive need to try and knock down a sale price "just because".
If the price is coo-coo for cocoa puffs crazy, I will usually not even bother contacting the seller.
The one exception is when it seems the seller is not sure of the price, e.g. they tell you in the ad to make them an offer. In that case I will just ask "what do you want out of this game to get it out of your home", which brings me back to the first scenario above.
I don't think this is a complicated philosophy

Well, that's not what you said the first time. What you just said makes sense and I agree, it's not complicated.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Man, only $100 - $200???? Dude, I have people try to knock off $200 - $800+ with my FS posts.

No joke, I have had people try to tell me "Man, I'll buy your HS2 for $1600" when I had it listed at $2500.

Not only did I strip the PF down to nearly bare bones clean it and wax it two times, I installed all new rubbers, all LEDs and flashers, prototype mountain, key ignition, hand-polished the habit trails, replaced all the speakers, installed ALL cliffys available for the machine, re-aligned the shooting lane so the ball made a full lap around the PF as it should, replaced all the factory speakers with MUCH better ones and diagnosed multiple electrical issues. And then some dumb nut tried to offer me $1600 when I was asking $2500.

I'll be honest, some people are VERY lucky I don't call them out. Knock me down $200, that is expected. Try to steal it from me with the year 2000 - 2009 prices, and I consider that a VERY low thing to do - especially when I offer what I feel and consider to be a VERY thorough FS posting with 40+ photos and a 10 minute video.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hs2-the-getaway-1

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The hobby money is going into the pockets of manufacturers instead of back into the pockets of the hobbyists. It's leaving the circle, and that is what spells a dry spot.
Luckily still a lot of people waiting with cash that will pick up the slack, but not forever. Companies will suck dry what there is and inevitably kill it all again, and it will dry up again, and the cycle will start all over.

Yep, I've seen quite a handful of pins sitting at prices that would've made them disappear in 20 minutes 6 months ago.

Still out of my price range, though

#144 9 years ago

i've sold 2 games in the last month.
1 pin
1 arcade

both sold in within like 4 hours of posting.

about to sell another.

i'd say the market is "grrrrrreat".

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, only $100 - $200???? Dude, I have people try to knock off $200 - $800+ with my FS posts.
No joke, I have had people try to tell me "Man, I'll buy your HS2 for $1600" when I had it listed at $2500.
Not only did I strip the PF down to nearly bare bones clean it and wax it two times, I installed all new rubbers, all LEDs and flashers, prototype mountain, key ignition, hand-polished the habit trails, replaced all the speakers, installed ALL cliffys available for the machine, re-aligned the shooting lane so the ball made a full lap around the PF as it should, replaced all the factory speakers with MUCH better ones and diagnosed multiple electrical issues. And then some dumb nut tried to offer me $1600 when I was asking $2500.
I'll be honest, some people are VERY lucky I don't call them out. Knock me down $200, that is expected. Try to steal it from me with the year 2000 - 2009 prices, and I consider that a VERY low thing to do - especially when I offer what I feel and consider to be a VERY thorough FS posting with 40+ photos and a 10 minute video.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hs2-the-getaway-1

Why get emotional about a low offer? You have the option of turning them down or not answering the offer.

#146 9 years ago

When I low-ball, I feel like I am at the very least trying to help someone out. I don't know their situation. Maybe they are hurting financially and cash today/now could at the very least put food on the table or pay an overdue bill. They can and often do take offense.
Also, sometimes a seller really has no idea of the value of what they are trying to sell. I saw a broken pinball about a month ago for I think $1,000 or so. I contacted the seller told him the cost to fix and the value when fixed. Had him down to $200 til someone else got it for $275.
If you use C/L, you gotta bargain some.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

1 pin
1 arcade
about to sell another.

Yup, it still happens. You probably priced them at a "reasonable" price. And that's what is happening in the market. If I saw a game I was looking for at a reasonable price and condition, I'd still jump on it. So does the soft market come down to the question of what is reasonable?

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

1 pin
1 arcade
about to sell another.

It still begs the question..... Were your prices grrreat as well?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yup, it still happens. You probably priced them at a "reasonable" price. And that's what is happening in the market. If I saw a game I was looking for at a reasonable price and condition, I'd still jump on it. So does the soft market come down to the question of what is reasonable?

good point.

maybe... i made money on one and broke even on the other.
but included in both those cases was covering my original shipping cost.
so in the end, the prices were both higher. maybe i bought low?

demand is definitely out there. buying prices are higher now than a year ago.
hmmm...

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

It still begs the question..... Were your prices grrreat as well?

i'd say they were fair.
good for home-owner to home-owner prices.
they definitely weren't company to home-owner jacked-up prices.
honestly, i'm just as happy selling them to another home owner and enjoying their excitement about them as i am getting them originally for myself

i don't plan to retire on my current mancade inventory... well maybe on Tron LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-this-pinball-market-is-soft/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.