(Topic ID: 184876)

Damn the torpedos. I'm buying GHOSTBUSTERS!!

By Hawkeyepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmp_11944-20170331_191502-551481107.jpg
tmp_5350-20170331_111345-629449990.jpg
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
image-9 (resized).jpg
TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpg
1080x720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpg
who (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 7 years ago

Still tempted to buy a GB Premium. I like that the game has a deep objective based ruleset and that it plays difficult. The layout is very unique and refreshing compared to traditional fan layout games.

I just hope that the game receives a couple more code updates that expands on existing rules and adds more functionality to premium features.

It's a shame Stern didn't delay GB so it could have the new LCD display. Ghostbusters with an LCD sounds amazing. Still, what's there is pretty good and the game is more loaded then nearly every other Stern. It's also nice that Stern got one of the original actors to do callouts for the game.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Congrats on the purchase. I played lots of games at the local arcade and GB is always the game I went back to (even with STDM and outlane hops). I liked it so much I decided to buy one, my Premium should arrive today!!

Its a very cool game. I'm getting close pulling the trigger on a premium as well. I think its one of the best games Stern has made.

#161 7 years ago

The only thing stopping me from buying a GB at this point is the nearly 3,000 post thread dedicated just to issues for the game. All of the issues are fixable but why hasn't Stern updated new production games to have an air ball plastic, stronger springs for the drop targets, a fix for bricked right ramp shots, and a fix for the one way orbit gate? For these crazy NIB prices Stern should be making fixes as a result of known issues to new production games.

Its already hard to stomach the $6800 asking price for a NIB Ghostbusters Premium (there was a $100 price increase in January) but then to also deal with fixing several known issues just seems wrong from a customers point of view.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is $6700 shipped around the best price people are finding for a GB Prem? If someone knows of a better price can you PM me? Thanks!!

Prices went up in January, now $6800 shipped for a premium. $6700 would be a "very" good price but I wonder if it would be for a game made in 2016?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-the-torpedos-im-buying-ghostbusters?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.