(Topic ID: 184876)

Damn the torpedos. I'm buying GHOSTBUSTERS!!

By Hawkeyepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmp_11944-20170331_191502-551481107.jpg
tmp_5350-20170331_111345-629449990.jpg
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
image-9 (resized).jpg
TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpg
1080x720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpg
who (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I play great! Being a great player is irrelevant when a game is designed like garbage. Trudeau needs to design better at pinball. Too late on this title, though.

Holy hell. I know this is your thing but you sound like my mother-in-law badmouthing her ex after the divorce. We get it, you two don't get along. Time to move on.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If he didn't have this to bitch about, he would be double and triple bitching in all the other threads he's bitching in.

I think some bitching is good and healthy and generally like his posting but the GB thing just seems like he's trying to get a rise out of people. Hmmmm....maybe I fell into his trap.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

It's too much FUN not to!!!
I don't care if I need to buy a center post or adjust the outlanes.
I like the challenge of it, it's speed/flow, lights sounds etc.
I don't care if it's a Stern and not a boutique pin. To me it's a great pin!
As long as the playfield is ok, everything else can be adjusted.
I almost talked myself out of it by focusing on a few bad reviews then I thought "I'm throwing in a shaker and hitting the gas pedal!!"
If I focus on bad reviews, I'd never have ANY pins.
Buy what you like right?

I think it's a great game. It definitely has its days where I play a few games and I just can't handle being punched in the noots anymore so I walk away or I play another game. But for the most part when it's set up right and you have a gonzo game it's the most exhilarating rush I've had playing pinball for 35+ years.

Edit to add: I bought the center post, played three games with it and give it away. Not for me.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's my schtick! Isn't it fun!?!?
No? Alrighty well it's out of my system. I'll shut up about it.
Maybe

I'll believe it when I see another GB thread pop up (give it 10 mins) and you're not in it. Not holding my breff.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Okay, who brought the dog? Having to play and defend a linear game has them irritated?
Look, I 100% agree with Rarehero on GB. Every copy I've played does nothing for me. However, I'm glad the OP got the game he wanted. Just because I don't like the game doesn't mean he can't. Today he has that exciting "first day" with a new game in his house. That is almost always a blast. Enjoy the game!

I do admit if I never have to hear "ok who brought the dog" again, I'd be a happy man.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

One out of four games I actually do pretty well! I've managed to get high score for storage facility but the record high on the pin is INSANE! It's going to take awhile to crack.

Yeah 1 in 4 sounds about right for a good game. The good thing is your idea of a good game keeps sliding higher. I still throw up scores occasionally that my dog could probably beat.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If I put $1.00 into a pin and got 3 SDTM's I'd hate it too. Or you're having a great game and the ball hops the lane and
you lose your ball. So it's understandable to get pissed and never want to play GB again.
The fact is you can put about $40 in plastics and fix all this (I agree it should be done at the factory).
The owner's realize what a great game it is...or can be. It's a great game to own, maybe not so good to put quarters in.
I'm very pleased with mine.

I totally agree. If it's not dialed in, as with all games but especially GB, it's no fun. I played one on location where the left scoop puked the ball right down the middle every time. Who wants to play that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-the-torpedos-im-buying-ghostbusters?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.