(Topic ID: 184876)

Damn the torpedos. I'm buying GHOSTBUSTERS!!

By Hawkeyepin

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Allibaster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tmp_11944-20170331_191502-551481107.jpg
tmp_5350-20170331_111345-629449990.jpg
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
image-9 (resized).jpg
TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpg
1080x720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpg
who (resized).png

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago

Brought one home Tuesday night! This thread has been helpful. Had < 100 plays on it so nothing was adjusted. Both scoops sent the ball SDTM, after advice from Allibaster now the left one is perfect, not sure which power setting is the right one so still playing with that. Have the replacement springs but not installed them yet. Expect to have it playing well soon. Might be a keeper cause we love the theme.

IMG_1337 (resized).JPG

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

OP you made a great choice. I recently spent a lot of time playing hundreds of pins at the Texas Pinball Festival. You know what game is still the most fun for me? My Ghostbusters LE I have had since July 2016. Not saying I still won't buy AFMr....

GB LE/Prem and AFMr would make a very strong 2 game collection.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

OP you made a great choice. I recently spent a lot of time playing hundreds of pins at the Texas Pinball Festival. You know what game is still the most fun for me? My Ghostbusters LE I have had since July 2016. Not saying I still won't buy AFMr....

GB LE/Prem and AFMr were probably also my 2 favorite games at TPF. That would make a strong 2 game collection.

#154 2 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. I played lots of games at the local arcade and GB is always the game I went back to (even with STDM and outlane hops). I liked it so much I decided to buy one, my Premium should arrive today!!

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Congrats on the purchase. I played lots of games at the local arcade and GB is always the game I went back to (even with STDM and outlane hops). I liked it so much I decided to buy one, my Premium should arrive today!!

Its a very cool game. I'm getting close pulling the trigger on a premium as well. I think its one of the best games Stern has made.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its a very cool game. I'm getting close pulling the trigger on a premium as well. I think its one of the best games Stern has made.

It is, its a hard game - if you like games like IM or TWD youll love GB, addictive and will kick you in the nuts For me, those games keep me pressing the start button.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It does make a sound when the flippers reverse. Super helpful. Perhaps the machine wasn't on latest code?

It isn't. The operator lets me update them, but I think we are one version behind. I want to say we are running on 1.12 and I think the latest is 1.13.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looked at my PBL order, its the 1 5/8 inch hex spacer.
Balls scream around that ramp now. Some ramp roll backs if you miss the shot is just part of pinball?
Really helps in MB as well.

is it female to female? I believe it's the one that's on the wireform, just as the plastic ramps ends, then feeds wire ramp

I'm ordering now from PBL

#159 2 years ago

This is a awesome machine. I built my basement with the theory "if you build it they will come" since I enjoy hosting my friends for poker tournaments and uber rides home. I will say after I got this unit, people care less about losing in poker. And when I added the latest code, it really made a jump on how fun it plays. Yes I added the airball deflector and lane gaurd but it took like 10 min so no biggie. If Rarehero hasn't tried the latest code, go try it, you may enjoy it a bit more. I can tell you 15 people that come to my house all agree the latest code made a difference.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It does make a sound when the flippers reverse. Super helpful. Perhaps the machine wasn't on latest code?

Not sure super helpful is accurate. Maybe a little better but the flipper switching certainly screws things up quickly! I still think Mass Hysteria could use some work. You get there but at least for me it is over pretty darn quickly. SFMB is a much more fun mode IMO.

#161 2 years ago

The only thing stopping me from buying a GB at this point is the nearly 3,000 post thread dedicated just to issues for the game. All of the issues are fixable but why hasn't Stern updated new production games to have an air ball plastic, stronger springs for the drop targets, a fix for bricked right ramp shots, and a fix for the one way orbit gate? For these crazy NIB prices Stern should be making fixes as a result of known issues to new production games.

Its already hard to stomach the $6800 asking price for a NIB Ghostbusters Premium (there was a $100 price increase in January) but then to also deal with fixing several known issues just seems wrong from a customers point of view.

#162 2 years ago

Excellent point and I'm in the same boat

#163 2 years ago

I am very glad nib games are not my issue , yet.

It almost seems like nib went from wow amazing to more of an unknown potentially problematic thing. Buying something new should not be that much of a pain the ass to me. In other markets, the customer service I've seen, would fail real world company's. if you bought a car and had any of these issues like playfield a, you would return said car period probably, not try to add air ball protectors. If your car needed a new body when you bought it, would you even buy it. For me that's a no.

Hopefully they can work out all the kinks before Star Wars, otherwise we are really going to see a more permanent shit storm.

#164 2 years ago

Congrats! I've been playing a pro on route and absolutely love the game. Haven't had a single issue personally and I've dumped a significant amount of coin into it.

#165 2 years ago

GB premium coming home! Iron butt day trip... Milwaukee to St. Paul and back. Picked up a bunch of MN beer for tonight too. Only 4.5 hours to go...

tmp_5350-20170331_111345-629449990.jpg

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Congrats! I've been playing a pro on route and absolutely love the game. Haven't had a single issue personally and I've dumped a significant amount of coin into it.

Yeah I saw a couple airballs but nothing like what's been described at all.

#167 2 years ago

I don't know if Stern has made many changes from the initial production run, but I've had very few issues with my February 2017 build Pro.

I did have to adjust Slimer. I also bent the Scolari Brother drop target mechanisms to reduce air balls from hitting them directly.

I've had similar minor issues with my NIB Iron Man and NIB AC/DC Premium. No biggie. The game plays great.

#168 2 years ago

if someone can post of a pic showing this modification to the right ramp it would be helpful. For the life of me I can't find where it is on the right ramp to adjust.....

#169 2 years ago

Game time!

tmp_11944-20170331_191502-551481107.jpg

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For these crazy NIB prices

Ha, you haven't truly experienced crazy prices...

Rob

#171 2 years ago

Lol.....Grain Belt. Goes down like a sweet muffin! I find lagers and pilsners go well with pinball. Just home brewed 8 pints of Ale so we'll see. I think Dead Guy Rogue Ale would go well with Ghostbusters.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't know if Stern has made many changes from the initial production run, but I've had very few issues with my February 2017 build Pro.
I did have to adjust Slimer. I also bent the Scolari Brother drop target mechanisms to reduce air balls from hitting them directly.
I've had similar minor issues with my NIB Iron Man and NIB AC/DC Premium. No biggie. The game plays great.

I've heard of swapping out the springs but didn't know you could bend the drop targets...mine def don't always fall. How exactly do you do that? What are you bending?

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Lol.....Grain Belt.

Going to MN and not having a Grain Belt is like going to Milwaukee and not having at least one Miller. Drink local!

#174 2 years ago

Is $6700 shipped around the best price people are finding for a GB Prem? If someone knows of a better price can you PM me? Thanks!!

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

I've heard of swapping out the springs but didn't know you could bend the drop targets...mine def don't always fall. How exactly do you do that? What are you bending?

If yours does not fall, take the spring off, stretch it out and reattach the middle of the spring where the end of the spring was normally attached. This will make them fall. I had this issue with AC/DC, and that fixed it.

For Ghostbusters, I didn't have a problem with them not falling, just fast air balls when hitting them hard directly. To fix, I gently bent the drop target assembly brackets on the bottom of the play field so that the hit rebound was parallel to the play field and not launched up.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is $6700 shipped around the best price people are finding for a GB Prem? If someone knows of a better price can you PM me? Thanks!!

Prices went up in January, now $6800 shipped for a premium. $6700 would be a "very" good price but I wonder if it would be for a game made in 2016?

#177 2 years ago

ask trent from tilt.. I'm not sure where they are now but mine was better than that about a year ago.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

ask trent from tilt.. I'm not sure where they are now but mine was better than that about a year ago.

When you ask distributors, make sure you call! Don't email them.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

When you ask distributors, make sure you call! Don't email them.

There are still good deals out there.

#180 2 years ago

My wife and kids just said it's the best pin we've ever had. That's high praise.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

My wife and kids just said it's the best pin we've ever had. That's high praise.

I Agree.....my wife was playing at 7:20 am this morning and she said that this might be her favorite game!

#182 2 years ago

Sorry if Im being redundant again... after all the mods and stuff the last one (and potentially the best mod) was adding headphones. I first just plugged them in the backbox and then knew I had to get the Pinovator's system. Also added a sub woofer.

But the headphones make the game even better for me. There is so much more to hear. Not only do you get great little background noises and clarity but you can hear things like the Mass Hysteria flipper-switch beeping very easy.

Anyway, I suggest you try it. My wife only plays GB with headphones now. The only draw back, it makes her cussing even louder. Now I have to shut the windows.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Sorry if Im being redundant again... after all the mods and stuff the last one (and potentially the best mod) was adding headphones. I first just plugged them in the backbox and then knew I had to get the Pinovator's system. Also added a sub woofer.
But the headphones make the game even better for me. There is so much more to hear. Not only do you get great little background noises and clarity but you can hear things like the Mass Hysteria flipper-switch beeping very easy.
Anyway, I suggest you try it. My wife only plays GB with headphones now. The only draw back, it makes her cussing even louder. Now I have to shut the windows.

I just upgraded to Flipper Fidelity's speaker kit. Highs and mids are definitely better. I can clearly hear the flipper switch sound now in Mass Hysteria multi ball. Still have an external sub.

This game has one of the best audio implementations out there! I heard someone say there's 32 total music tracks in the game. Lots of great movie quotes, too. I love the attract movie quotes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, OH
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.95
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside