(Topic ID: 184876)

Damn the torpedos. I'm buying GHOSTBUSTERS!!

By Hawkeyepin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmp_11944-20170331_191502-551481107.jpg
tmp_5350-20170331_111345-629449990.jpg
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
image-9 (resized).jpg
TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpg
1080x720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpg
who (resized).png
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

you sound like my mother-in-law badmouthing her ex after the divorce.

If he didn't have this to bitch about, he would be double and triple bitching in all the other threads he's bitching in.

#52 7 years ago

I love GB. Congratulations on your new game!

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, I love how GB defenders will ignore the actual issues in this game and "play shame" me by calling me a bad player. I've never judged a game on whether I'm good or bad at it. That makes no sense. No, I've played about 20 of them on location and they all play like shit - "as designed". They don't have protectors and mods on location games.
Even if it was playable, that doesn't change the linear mode bore fest and horrible card video mode.

A properly setup GB Prem I loved playing but a non setup location GB Pro is really no fun to keep pumping money into on cheap drains and air balls. Agreed that this is a tough location game.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

We understand if the game is too difficult for you....
Rob

the games not too difficult ....i luv it

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

A properly setup GB Prem I loved playing but a non setup location GB Pro is really no fun to keep pumping money into on cheap drains and air balls. Agreed that this is a tough location game.

Agreed, I bought a premium with 69 plays on it from a guy who did nothing to the game. How it played when I bought it and how it plays now is vastly different. Once tweaked, it is a ton of fun and the cheap drains are seldom...no more than most any other game out there. Congrats to the OP on pulling the trigger, you made a wise choice.

#56 7 years ago

Apparently the Pinside Purge hasn't happened yet.

To OP: hope you love owning the game... really fun when you land a major want into your collection!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If he didn't have this to bitch about, he would be double and triple bitching in all the other threads he's bitching in.

I think some bitching is good and healthy and generally like his posting but the GB thing just seems like he's trying to get a rise out of people. Hmmmm....maybe I fell into his trap.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Hmmmm....maybe I fell into his trap.

Maybe, but as many times as he has posted that exact same rant, it should come as no surprise any more.

#59 7 years ago

Great game. Love my Pro and it's set up without the center post and it really has helped me to be a better player in general.

On a side note, there are some real internet hardass dickheads on Pinside. Get a life and go outside.

#60 7 years ago

good call, ghosties is a bloody fun game!

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm going in the opposite direction.
I'll be putting my GBLE up for sale soon. It only has 27 games played on it.

How much? Trades?

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

On a side note, there are some real internet hardass dickheads on Pinside.

Welcome to the club!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

It's too much FUN not to!!!
I don't care if I need to buy a center post or adjust the outlanes.
I like the challenge of it, it's speed/flow, lights sounds etc.
I don't care if it's a Stern and not a boutique pin. To me it's a great pin!
As long as the playfield is ok, everything else can be adjusted.
I almost talked myself out of it by focusing on a few bad reviews then I thought "I'm throwing in a shaker and hitting the gas pedal!!"
If I focus on bad reviews, I'd never have ANY pins.
Buy what you like right?

I think it's a great game. It definitely has its days where I play a few games and I just can't handle being punched in the noots anymore so I walk away or I play another game. But for the most part when it's set up right and you have a gonzo game it's the most exhilarating rush I've had playing pinball for 35+ years.

Edit to add: I bought the center post, played three games with it and give it away. Not for me.

#64 7 years ago

I play GB quite a bit on location and I still hate it. But if you like it I salute your purchase! If you enjoy it who cares what others think. I like KISS best out of the pins that were available when I bought NIB last November. I almost changed my mind to GB after reading all of the glowing GB reviews. I'm so glad I trusted my own decision making process. So as long as you've played GB and love it best you can't go wrong.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It took me more than that to conclude that it's a horrible garbage box, but I commend him for not wasting his time any further.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it needs like 3 center posts for that horrible mistake of a flipper gap.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I play great! Being a great player is irrelevant when a game is designed like garbage. Trudeau needs to design better at pinball. Too late on this title, though.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a serviceable design, made excellent by code. GB is a horrible design, not remotely helped by the code.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Difficulty isn't an issue. I love difficult games. However, when every ball airballs down the drain, comes from the pops left or right and goes down the drain, or hops from the inlane to the outlane to the drain...that isn't difficult, that's terrible design.

Somebody jostle Rare..... his record seems to be skipping.

#66 7 years ago

I'm with you, OP! Hoping to find someone local that doesn't like their GB Pro so that I can enjoy it

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I think some bitching is good and healthy and generally like his posting but the GB thing just seems like he's trying to get a rise out of people. Hmmmm....maybe I fell into his trap.

It's my schtick! Isn't it fun!?!?

No? Alrighty well it's out of my system. I'll shut up about it.

Maybe

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Somebody jostle Rare..... his record seems to be skipping.

Maybe we need to start a kickstarter for someone to show rarehero how to play or help setup his game. Anything to keep him going into every GB thread and repeating himself over and over and over...

Seriously, time to move on. We get it.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe

I'll believe it when I see another GB thread pop up (give it 10 mins) and you're not in it. Not holding my breff.

#70 7 years ago

Serious question, not a flame in ANY way, is GB kinda like Avengers in that when it first came out, tons of issues and required tweaks? I had an Avengers LE, tried doing all the tweaks that were recommended, but still felt like the game was just not right, like physics of the table were off or something. Just curious if anyone has felt that way, and did that change after tweaks?

#71 7 years ago

Night and Day with Avengers...not even close....

#72 7 years ago

The physics for the right ramp on the Premium/LE are definitely off because it's a smoother shot when you backhand it, and you have to put in a shorter post to make it well, makeable. But it still works, just doesn't have the best angle at the entrance for the left flipper. You could compare it to the BW ramp, but it's more reliable.

As for tweaks, there's a decent list but they're all easy. I've not had the problem with the right orbit/gate like others have, and didn't have to adjust Slimer from dragging, so how much you have to do is somewhat random.

#73 7 years ago

If I buy a new game, I shouldn't have to buy air ball protectors, lane jump preventers, and center posts. That sounds terrible.

I want to play more of the GB on location near me though. It looks fun.

If Op wants to buy a GB, maybe he should look into preowned games that already have those mods and where he can check how the playfield is holding up.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I buy a new game, I shouldn't have to buy air ball protectors, lane jump preventers, and center posts. That sounds terrible.

Your right, one shouldnt.

However, one can add foam, add two rings and improve by about 60%, the overall game play.
Cost about $1.
Or the Plastics needed at a total of $45.

But you are right.

I recently helped my daughter buy a new car.

We bought some door gaurd protectors and a Trunk Mat, Youd think that for 20K, One wouldnt have to buy
those either!

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Difficulty isn't an issue. I love difficult games. However, when every ball airballs down the drain, comes from the pops left or right and goes down the drain, or hops from the inlane to the outlane to the drain...that isn't difficult, that's terrible design.

Maybe you played a lemon, I don't have any issues playing ghostbusters and regularly putting up high scores. Maybe you should play easier pins for your novice skill level.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I want to play more of the GB on location near me though. It looks fun.
If Op wants to buy a GB, maybe he should look into preowned games that already have those mods and where he can check how the playfield is holding up.

They fixed the issues with lane jumps, and the center post is for children. Do you buy games that need cliffys or is that too much to ask of you?

#77 7 years ago

Great pin!! Congrats, you r gonna love it.

#78 7 years ago

Boom! It's in the house! Got home a little late but so far so GOOD! No ghosted inserts or cracks or cc issues at all and it's got 1500 plays. Shaker is installed so I'll be good to go tomorrow. I played a local GB pro many times and didn't have tons of issues with airballs etc. There is some randomness to it other pins might not have but god help me I love it.

IMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpgIMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpg

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Maybe you played a lemon, I don't have any issues playing ghostbusters and regularly putting up high scores. Maybe you should play easier pins for your novice skill level.

20 lemons? ...and there's the insults again. (comment removed) I'm no novice. My issue with Ghostbusters isn't scores. It's lack of fun, poor design and linear mode rules. Sorry to the rest of you - I wasn't planning on doing this again, but Msch insulted me.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

20 lemons? ...and there's the insults again. Eat a dick, I'm no novice. My issue with Ghostbusters isn't scores. It's lack of fun, poor design and linear mode rules. Sorry to the rest of you - I wasn't planning on doing this again, but Msch insulted me.

Dude. I think it's fun and designed just fine. Are you sure you're not angry about something else...Like forfeiting your deposit or whatever on TBL?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Dude. I think it's fun and designed just fine.

Please play another pinball machine on the planet. Please! So many actual GOOD designs out there.

Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Are you sure you're not angry about something else...Like forfeiting your deposit or whatever on TBL?

Ghostbusters defenders can't help but go to personal insults and low blows...why is that? I haven't forfeited anything.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Your right, one shouldnt.
However, one can add foam, add two rings and improve by about 60%, the overall game play.
Cost about $1.
Or the Plastics needed at a total of $45.
But you are right.
I recently helped my daughter buy a new car.
We bought some door gaurd protectors and a Trunk Mat, Youd think that for 20K, One wouldnt have to buy
those either!

Just curious... what's the foam for?

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ghostbusters defenders can't help but go to personal insults and low blows...why is that?

Okay, who brought the dog? Having to play and defend a linear game has them irritated?

Look, I 100% agree with Rarehero on GB. Every copy I've played does nothing for me. However, I'm glad the OP got the game he wanted. Just because I don't like the game doesn't mean he can't. Today he has that exciting "first day" with a new game in his house. That is almost always a blast. Enjoy the game!

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Man Bra

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe

Your a smart man,but you need the last word?

#86 7 years ago

Buy what you like right?

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME SILVERJET BALLS! lol

...now if I wasn't so certain that holograms weren't going to be the communication tool of the future I'd buy that brick phone of a pin Dialed In lol.

1080x720 (resized).jpg1080x720 (resized).jpg

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Tell us all about your super jackpots bro.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

They fixed the issues with lane jumps, and the center post is for children. Do you buy games that need cliffys or is that too much to ask of you?

According to a lot of people every game NEEDS a Cliffy, but Cliffys aren't a necessity. I've never bought a Cliffy but I do understand their purpose.

Cliffys also don't completely change a game's playing experience. A lot of people here are saying Ghostbusters is a terrible location player without the mods. With the mods it's a total 180 degree difference. That's sad if that truly is the case. There's always going to be some setup and tweaking when you buy a new (or used) game but if adding $50 of parts right out of the box is the only way to make it enjoyable something's wrong.

Congrats on the new game OP. Have fun!

#89 7 years ago

I immediately thought of Tom Petty's "Damn The Torpedo's" when I saw this thread title...

TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpgTomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpg

#90 7 years ago

Congrats Hawkeyepin!

Don't listen to all the haters, Ghostbusters is awesome and if you enjoy it nothing else matters. Ghostbusters has become one of my favorite games and it is not that difficult of a game. I have not done one thing to my machine other than superbands and adjustments in coil power settings. Mine is stock and it plays great, with little issues with air-balls or sdtm drains. Great theme, art, layout, sound- Haters going to hate.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Okay, who brought the dog? Having to play and defend a linear game has them irritated?
Look, I 100% agree with Rarehero on GB. Every copy I've played does nothing for me. However, I'm glad the OP got the game he wanted. Just because I don't like the game doesn't mean he can't. Today he has that exciting "first day" with a new game in his house. That is almost always a blast. Enjoy the game!

I do admit if I never have to hear "ok who brought the dog" again, I'd be a happy man.

#92 7 years ago

Abouy 7 months with my premium. LOVE the game! Art, Sound, Light show all are awesome! Sure it kicks me in the nutz most games but like others have said you get the game going and it's a rush like none other! Excellent purchase.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

2x and 3x targets, if one doesnt want a plastic protector....not as good, but a few dollars saved, since the complaint was about having to spend $$ after purchase cost.

#94 7 years ago

According to Gomez, will be one of Stern's biggest selling pins.

Why? Because it kicks ass and its FUN!

There are a few loud mouth crybaby whiners that have their panties all bunched up. Clueless haters.

#95 7 years ago

Well you now Ice, its no fun chasing ghosts around the playfield with a Spinner, as the highlight, only Stars!

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I HATE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
I put 1.5 mil on it and thought I had High score but my wife have 2.2, then the next morning she played with a 5.6 million and said ....YOU'RE DONE!!!!
this game is great. I added the carrot flippers, Art's airball plastic, but need to fix the Scorleri bros as they brick fierce even after putting the spring coils tighter. Have to buy Pinball Life's springs, along with lowering the right ramp as it doesn't make it around even on a tight shot.
I have 20 games and I think this is my favorite......my wife plays every morning and at night.
Bummed on the dimples on playfield, but whatever it's a Phenomenal game!!!!
Hope one day I can beat my wife!!!!! Not with a club for those that are going to respond!

How did you lower the right playfield? Any pics?

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe, but as many times as he has posted that exact same rant, it should come as no surprise any more.

the poster who is ranting (rarehero) has been ignored by me for months now and I can't tell you how many times I get "ignored user post" in threads and he's always causing a fight with someone. Do yourself a favor, block this guy b/c he's poison on these forums. I'm hoping the purge takes him out. One of the best websites out there but you always have people like this trying to bring it down.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did you lower the right playfield? Any pics?

"User Ignore" is a beautiful thing.

You take off the hex spacer on the right ramp at its peak and replace it with a shorter one. Makes a HUGE difference. I'll try and find which size i used.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I do admit if I never have to hear "ok who brought the dog" again, I'd be a happy man.

This.....Every time I am even near a GB I hear this repeated over and over...worse repetition I can think of....Im not totally against linear games, I loved roadshow (well, except for the country music) but Im not sure if I can have a GB in my house.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This.....Every time I am even near a GB I hear this repeated over and over...worse repetition I can think of....Im not totally against linear games, I loved roadshow (well, except for the country music) but Im not sure if I can have a GB in my house.

shoot for different mode stream no? I love that line in the movie so it never gets on my nerves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-the-torpedos-im-buying-ghostbusters/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.