(Topic ID: 184876)

Damn the torpedos. I'm buying GHOSTBUSTERS!!

By Hawkeyepin

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Allibaster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tmp_11944-20170331_191502-551481107.jpg
tmp_5350-20170331_111345-629449990.jpg
IMG_1337 (resized).JPG
image-9 (resized).jpg
TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes (resized).jpg
1080x720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170328_000214310 (resized).jpg
who (resized).png

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 2 years ago

It's too much FUN not to!!!
I don't care if I need to buy a center post or adjust the outlanes.
I like the challenge of it, it's speed/flow, lights sounds etc.
I don't care if it's a Stern and not a boutique pin. To me it's a great pin!
As long as the playfield is ok, everything else can be adjusted.
I almost talked myself out of it by focusing on a few bad reviews then I thought "I'm throwing in a shaker and hitting the gas pedal!!"

If I focus on bad reviews, I'd never have ANY pins.

Buy what you like right?

#2 2 years ago

It's a great game. It could use one more code pass to fix some bugs and offer a few more tweaks, but it's in a good spot right now. Don't put in the center post, the game absolutely does not need it. Just learn to play it as it's meant to be played.

Ghostbusters is a challenge, but it's also extremely satisfying. It's already in my top 3 Stern machines, and it's making a strong case to stay there for a long, long time.

#3 2 years ago

Another vote for no center post. Learn to nudge on ramp rejects and when it's coming out of the pops, and you'll find it pretty fair.

#4 2 years ago

Great!

I'm ordering Chinese food for dinner. It's too tasty not to!

#5 2 years ago

Oh hey look crazyLevi is trolling.

#6 2 years ago

its an epic game, one of my favs!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I almost talked myself out of it by focusing on a few bad reviews then I thought "I'm throwing in a shaker and hitting the gas pedal!!"
Buy what you like right?

Smart plan!
I have gble and it rocks,almost no ghosting,it still looks great!
And it rocks!

#8 2 years ago

I'm going in the opposite direction.

I'll be putting my GBLE up for sale soon. It only has 27 games played on it.

#9 2 years ago

How have you only put 27 games on it? That's crazy.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It took me more than that to conclude that it's a horrible garbage box, but I commend him for not wasting his time any further.

#11 2 years ago

best pin out there imo. I had the center post on for a day and hated it. Play it for a bit. You get to know where not to hit it. Yes, it is tough, but that is what i love about it. When you go from playing GB to another pin, you feel like you are going to light it up! GB makes you a better player.

#12 2 years ago

I will agree, if you are gonna buy this game, don't bother with the center post, it's silly.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will agree, if you are gonna buy this game, don't bother with the center post, it's silly.

Yeah, it needs like 3 center posts for that horrible mistake of a flipper gap.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, it needs like 3 center posts for that horrible mistake of a flipper gap.

Play better at pinball rarehero and you won't need a center post

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm going in the opposite direction.
I'll be putting my GBLE up for sale soon. It only has 27 games played on it.

I might be interested depending on asking price

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Play better at pinball rarehero and you won't need a center post

I play great! Being a great player is irrelevant when a game is designed like garbage. Trudeau needs to design better at pinball. Too late on this title, though.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I play great! Being a great player is irrelevant when a game is designed like garbage. Trudeau needs to design better at pinball. Too late on this title, though.

Well, you think The Hobbit is a great design...so yeah.

#18 2 years ago

I'll be starting a thread soon on locking in a GB. I can absolutely appreciate people not liking this game right out of the box or on route. In fact, I've never tinkered with a game so much to get it to a point that I enjoy it. But, I enjoy the hell out of it now that I have it to my personal liking. And, Bustin makes me feel good!

#19 2 years ago

Good choice.

The game is hard. No doubt about that. It's part of the draw. No need for center post or carrot flippers. Learn to nudge and control the ball.

Loving my GB Pro!

#20 2 years ago

Do yourself a favor,and get a GB/PRe!!!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Buy what you like right?

I am with you 100%. I got a chance to play both the pro and premium at Classic cue here in Buffalo. Put a bunch of games on it and really enjoyed it too. Decided to go with a premium supposed to be here this week. like everything in life some will like it some won't, I happened to be on the side of liking it.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Buy what you like right?

Go for it I may follow your lead.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, you think The Hobbit is a great design...so yeah.

It's a serviceable design, made excellent by code. GB is a horrible design, not remotely helped by the code.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I like the challenge of it

If you like the challenge of it, why would you want a center post?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a serviceable design, made excellent by code. GB is a horrible design, not remotely helped by the code.

Quoted from o-din:

If you like the challenge of it, why would you want a center post?

Uh oh... the CA guys are starting to eat their own

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I see nothing to eat.

who (resized).png

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He has 8 center posts installed.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Only if I want a serious case of indigestion and want to end up in the hospital getting my stomach pumped.

#29 2 years ago

I am loving my Ghostbusters Premium so much I added the $500 dollar topper is it worth that much coin not on your life but it sure looks nice . Sound effects, music, and art work are all first rate. The right ramp is the coolest ramp I have ever seen and the manga slings are kick ass as well.

#30 2 years ago

I have mine since July, and can understand why some may not like....be it theme or flow, but I play for Fun,
and next to TWD, Im having one year long ride of Fun on this one, so far!

I may go through a bunch of titles, to find one that ive kept this long!

Ive had no one disappointed in playing, or any non players walk away and not want to play more.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Do yourself a favor,and get a GB/PRe!!!

Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am loving my Ghostbusters Premium so much I added the $500 dollar topper is it worth that much coin not on your life but it sure looks nice . Sound effects, music, and art work are all first rate. The right ramp is the coolest ramp I have ever seen and the manga slings are kick ass as well.

Just in case anyone's unclear... we're enablers here.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great!
I'm ordering Chinese food for dinner. It's too tasty not to!

Cool.

Doesn't your post belong on the Panda Express forum?

#33 2 years ago

I HATE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

I put 1.5 mil on it and thought I had High score but my wife have 2.2, then the next morning she played with a 5.6 million and said ....YOU'RE DONE!!!!

this game is great. I added the carrot flippers, Art's airball plastic, but need to fix the Scorleri bros as they brick fierce even after putting the spring coils tighter. Have to buy Pinball Life's springs, along with lowering the right ramp as it doesn't make it around even on a tight shot.

I have 20 games and I think this is my favorite......my wife plays every morning and at night.

Bummed on the dimples on playfield, but whatever it's a Phenomenal game!!!!

Hope one day I can beat my wife!!!!! Not with a club for those that are going to respond!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I have 20 games and I think this is my favorite.

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Bummed on the dimples on playfield

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hope one day I can beat my wife!!!!

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It took me more than that to conclude that it's a horrible garbage box, but I commend him for not wasting his time any further.

We understand if the game is too difficult for you....

Rob

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Buy what you like right?

It's nice to see positive threads like this on Pinside which seems to be a rarity for quite a while now.

Ignore the haters/trolls and go with what you like! I agree with the others who have chimed in about the centre post. Don't do it. Thats the way the game was designed. It makes you a better player!

#37 2 years ago

One tip that helps a lot with the Scoleri targets...backhand them. Often you can take down both with a single shot, but a backhand usually will not brick either. Also, it creates a safer rebound angle than a forehand shot does.

#38 2 years ago

Add a center post. Don't add a center post. Do whatever the hell you like. You're dropping thousands on a game. Tweak it however you want to!

#39 2 years ago

Okay, who brought the dog?

Get used to it.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

We understand if the game is too difficult for you....
Rob

Difficulty isn't an issue. I love difficult games. However, when every ball airballs down the drain, comes from the pops left or right and goes down the drain, or hops from the inlane to the outlane to the drain...that isn't difficult, that's terrible design.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hope one day I can beat my wife!

LOL Caught that too, Greg

Not with a club for those that are going to respond!

Sorry I started laughing after the first part

Hope you continue enjoying your game!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Oh hey look crazyLevi is trolling.

Hence why I saw a "User comment ignored" message instead of him wasting my time !!!

Highly recommend all of you who have up-voted do the same thing.

#43 2 years ago

Good call, your going to love GB!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Not all the CA guys...good choice! Love the PREM!

#45 2 years ago

Buy the premium for sale for $6600 posted out here today! Great price!

#46 2 years ago

I'm probably going to bring mine to Allentown. Just plopped down a deposit on AFMr-LE. GBLE is a killer game no matter what anyone says. My wife and I hold weekly contests between the two of us lol

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Difficulty isn't an issue. I love difficult games. However, when every ball airballs down the drain, comes from the pops left or right and goes down the drain, or hops from the inlane to the outlane to the drain...that isn't difficult, that's terrible design.

It doesn't do this. Mine practically never airballs with the plastic protector and it rarely jumps the lanes. You're bad at the game and you're upset and lashing out. But it's ok, the Ghostbusters can't hurt you anymore.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It doesn't do this. Mine practically never airballs with the plastic protector and it rarely jumps the lanes. You're bad at the game and you're upset and lashing out. But it's ok, the Ghostbusters can't hurt you anymore.

LOL, I love how GB defenders will ignore the actual issues in this game and "play shame" me by calling me a bad player. I've never judged a game on whether I'm good or bad at it. That makes no sense. No, I've played about 20 of them on location and they all play like shit - "as designed". They don't have protectors and mods on location games.

Even if it was playable, that doesn't change the linear mode bore fest and horrible card video mode.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy hell. I know this is your thing but you sound like my mother-in-law badmouthing her ex after the divorce. We get it, you two don't get along. Time to move on.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hence why I saw a "User comment ignored" message instead of him wasting my time !!!

I guess that makes you the bigger man, eh?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside