Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1.gif
    A68D6202-BE7C-4E2D-A1DE-05626A345E0F (resized).jpeg
    123049394_4023125994367619_1981000303441327411_o (resized).jpg
    cat (resized).JPG
    bikes (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    chaincutter (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 3 years ago

When I was a kid, I went shopping at a mall on Christmas Eve. As I parked, I saw someone who I thought was admiring my Jeep.
    Yep, came out and both sides of the soft top were pulled up and my surface mount sony speakers were gone. I felt like such a sucker, and gained a new mistrust of people. I was in there for about ten minutes, and I couldn't believe someone would do that on Christmas Eve. People really do suck.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The cops don’t care. They keep people in line and Dre chalk lines around the bodies.

This is offensive to me, and in my experience very innacurate.

#83 3 years ago

That can't be true. According to half the people posting in this thread, the police don't do anything. Someone must have caught him, tied him up, and made a path of donuts leading to him.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

One of my employees came in last week and said that there was a rash of catalytic converters being stolen in his neighborhood recently. Someone was basically cutting them out of the vehicles with a sawzaw. This has been happening for well over a decade, but seems to die off and then happen in rashes over different time periods.
    Something like a jump in the price if platinum or economic crash seems to trigger a rash of thefts like this.
    It really does a lot of damage to the vehicles.
    I’m not entirely sure what the laws are regarding recycling catalytic converters to reclaim the platinum. But when someone walks in with a box of them that have been cut out of a vehicle, there should be a requirement (if there isn’t already) where they have to fill out paperwork and give ID.

A sawzall is pretty loud!

1 week later
    #132 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

No.

Aside from the political aspect, pizza delivery driver checks all those boxes and is far more dangerous.

Have some respect. I hope you never need help from one of them, because you certainly don't deserve it. You also clearly have never walked a mile in their shoes if you honestly believe that. Luckily for you, the job is done for the benefit of all, even those who are ungrateful and ignorant.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

If only it was a two-way street.

And it is. Unless you're believing everything the media tells you.it is very sad for me to think that people don't realize that the VAST majority of law enforcement are good people doing their best in a flawed system, and focus on the very few bad apples because they are sensationalized on TV.

1 week later
    #166 3 years ago

What an ignorant, uneducated thing to say. I have to say, these topics are sure polarizing. I have always enjoyed your sense of humor on here, and clearly you won't care what I think, but I just lost a ton of respect for you for furthering the divide.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Too bad you're one of the few who got to see it. Nothing worse than what others have said here, I think, just too far the other way. The whole thread should have never happened.
    Please PM me regarding what you found so ignorant and uneducated. The last part, I imagine. Hyperbole is lost on some. I can quote it all back to you if you want, as it was saved in my mod notice. I really want to know what you found so offensive. (Not so "clearly," eh?)

Dan,
    I'm a retired cop. I worked my whole career beside many fine people and we all did our best in a flawed system to help others. It is offensive to see generalizations saying that cops won't be there if you need them, and that they will rush in to shoot you if you don't fit a demographic. I'm not going to argue about it, because it's exhausting. It just disgusts me to see this talk becoming mainstream and accepted by so many.

#171 3 years ago

It's all good, Dan. I guess I am a little raw about it, and I was just dissapointed to see it here. You obviously have a right to your opinion too based on your experiences. I think I just need to learn to avoid these topics that always end up devolving.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I agree, if you mean enforced fairly. There’s the rub.
    I think the over-the-top part was what yzfguy rather inaccurately paraphrased as

What is inaccurate about that? It's almost exactly what you posted.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-i-hate-thieves?tu=yzfguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.