Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1.gif
    A68D6202-BE7C-4E2D-A1DE-05626A345E0F (resized).jpeg
    123049394_4023125994367619_1981000303441327411_o (resized).jpg
    cat (resized).JPG
    bikes (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    chaincutter (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joncbrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#31 3 years ago

Im in Wisconsin small towns, we are seeing more cars with Cat Converters stolen.
    Last one was a prius, $900 to fix.
    I had a 2015 Duramax, sold the old converter for $1200

Cameras are now all over my shop and my home.

10 years ago when I worked at a Dealership near Milwaukee, the thieves had cinder blocks placed under frame rails, then removed valve cores and stole wheels, no jack required.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

What most people do t know is that you can remove the converter and it doesn’t create a code. It’s only when it gets stopped up and doesn’t flow. The mechanic I use just puts a pipe where the cat used to be and it’s all good.

Thats false, newer vehicles set a P0420 code when the downstream O2 sees a steady fluctuation in voltage. Downstream 02 should be 400 to 500 milli volt any more fluctuation it knows the Cat has failed. Some companies sell a spacer to pull rear o2 out of exhaust flow to fake the ecm.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

A friend of ours got hit recently. We were amazed at how silent they were as it was on a very busy street. His attitude was that they may need the $ more than he does....pretty healthy way of looking at it.

This is what they are using, I have one for honest work.

chaincutter (resized).JPGchaincutter (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joncbrand.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-i-hate-thieves?tu=joncbrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.