Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SSPX0091[1].jpg
SSPX0090[1].jpg
SSPX0086[1].jpg
SSPX0081[1].jpg
SSPX0068[1].jpg
#1 10 years ago

This one fell into my lap...gorgar close to where I'm going to be this weekend. Been sitting for 15 years, bought in 1992 by current owner. Lights up, doesn't play, so assuming battery leakage.
From the one playfield shot, it looks like there is something going on with the mylar around the slings in gorgar's arms, but can't tell if it's just lifting mylar or not.
Pictures as shown. Crappy cell phone-glass on pictures, but it's the best I've got.

Originally wanted well over $1k, but I negotiated down to $400. Good deal?

SSPX0068[1].jpgSSPX0068[1].jpg SSPX0081[1].jpgSSPX0081[1].jpg SSPX0086[1].jpgSSPX0086[1].jpg SSPX0090[1].jpgSSPX0090[1].jpg SSPX0091[1].jpgSSPX0091[1].jpg

#2 10 years ago

Do you want the guy to pay you or what?
If all the pieces are there and you need to buy a brand new MPU (unless you feel and have the time to try and fix it), still looks like a pretty good deal to me.

And that's pretty good negociating skills you got there, my friend! (>>1000$ down to 400$! I should have called you when I bought my house!)

#3 10 years ago

As long as the transformer is not shot at the same time the CPU is shot, I think you paid a fair price for a popular, broken machine.

Remember to check all the fuses for correct value, BEFORE turning it on and cooking something.

#4 10 years ago

That's a deal. The PF is in reasonable shape- the mylar is peeling around the slings is all, an easy removal, some insert tough up and you're good to go- well, except for all of that possible corrosion. You're going to want to get in there and replace the 40-pin connector and the scanbe sockets as well.

#5 10 years ago

400, and i would do it for that.

#6 10 years ago

400-500 sounds about right to me. I can't stand the game but it usually sells for around $500 in these parts.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As long as the transformer is not shot at the same time the CPU is shot, I think you paid a fair price for a popular, broken machine.

Agree. Don't think this is below market value at all for a dead project System 6 game. Possibly even over depending on what all you have to fix. Maybe you'll get lucky and only have to replace the batteries, MPU and sound board sockets, driver interconnect, lamp matrix resistors, and power supply caps. Or maybe the batteries took a huge dump and both MPU and driver need major work or replacement, several coils are burnt from the MPU locking up, sound board needs troubleshooting, and power supply still needs rework. I have encountered both extremes. My typical offer for dead unknown status System 3-7 is $300.

But, backglass looks decent and the playfield only has a little wear. As long as you like working on stuff and don't mind not having a museum quality game, it sounds like a reasonable project to me.

#8 10 years ago

I sold my working game in good shape for 600 2 months ago I say go for it

#9 10 years ago

Nice pick up, Gorgar has some great art work, enjoy.

#10 10 years ago

In that condition working would be between $700-$800. Even if it's a bad CPU and driver, you can get a rottendog combo for less than $300.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In that condition working would be between $700-$800. Even if it's a bad CPU and driver, you can get a rottendog combo for less than $300.

Yeah, um I don't think so. Anyone who wants to buy an 800 Gorgar that looks like the one in this thread, then I have 3 of them for sale.

#12 10 years ago

Backglass looks OK done good IMO.

#13 10 years ago

Interesting responses and one of the reasons I find this community so interesting. The responses range from "good deal" to "meh"

Still on the fence if I want to pick it up or not.

#14 10 years ago

the only thing worse than a buyer that dont know if he wants to buy or not- is a seller that dont know if he wants to sell-

#15 10 years ago

What's the worse that can happen? You paid 400 and it's actually worth 300? If you like the machine, pull the trigger!
If it were around here I'd go for it (although I'm not sure where I'd put it in the very slowly moving queue to get work done in my collection...)

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from lladnip:

the only thing worse than a buyer that dont know if he wants to buy or not- is a seller that dont know if he wants to sell-

Quoted from PhilGreg:

What's the worse that can happen? You paid 400 and it's actually worth 300? If you like the machine, pull the trigger!
If it were around here I'd go for it (although I'm not sure where I'd put it in the very slowly moving queue to get work done in my collection...)

You're both not wrong! It's my age-old problem of lack of space vs good deal. If it's a good deal I'm on board with it and I will find space. If it's an average deal I won't try to shoe it in somewhere since more will come along. I've got a pinbot in pieces which is keeping me plenty busy, but if it's lining up the next project, that's something else....

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

You're both not wrong! It's my age-old problem of lack of space vs good deal. If it's a good deal I'm on board with it and I will find space. If it's an average deal I won't try to shoe it in somewhere since more will come along. I've got a pinbot in pieces which is keeping me plenty busy, but if it's lining up the next project, that's something else....

Oh I hear ya... and looking at your collection, that Gorgar will be the poor kid next to the other machines.
My plan for the next machine (since I'm all out of space both at work and at home) is to lend a machine to one of my friends to make space...

#18 10 years ago

end of the day, your happy with the new project, saving a classic pin from the scrap heap, thats all that matters, best of luck Champ,
i,m getting one sent over from the US now, suppost to be Excellent condition, Cant Friggin wait,
Gorgar will be the new security for the games room.

#19 10 years ago

If you want to fix it up and sell it to make money for other pins...fine. If not, pass and use the $400 for Pin*Bot stuff....

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Anyone who wants to buy an 800 Gorgar that looks like the one in this thread, then I have 3 of them for sale.

I figured being on the pinball arcade would drive the price up at least a little bit? (just like firepower has). If gorgar is really that cheap, I should pick one up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dammitgorgar-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.