Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stretch2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Public Service Announcement: The Tron in this link is not NIB, it is damaged: ebay.com link: Stern TRON Legacy Pro Arcade Pinball Machine

A fellow collector and I went to take a look at this machine yesterday. Despite the fact that it's advertised as "New", the game has clearly been taken out of the box, as when I opened the top of it, it was in a green wrap. The side of the box had a dent, and upon looking and feeling inside, I could tell the cabinet is damaged.

I told the guy yesterday that he needs to fix this ad, as it's misleading and no doubt whoever wins this auction is in for an unpleasant surprise. This was more than 24 hours ago and he has yet to do it. Just a word of caution to anyone who may be bidding on it.

#2 10 years ago

Good looking out. I wonder what kind of hit an NIB with only aesthetic cabinet damage would take - price wise? It's sitting at $4k now, so $2k off... hmmm...

#3 10 years ago

$150 shipping and 14 day return with free shipping.. I don't get it, at all.

13 bidders seem legit..

#4 10 years ago

Yup..Gus and I went to check this out on Thursday. It certainly isn't new and had cab damage from what looked like a fork truck. The box had a big rip in the side and the cab had corresponding damage.

What was left of the box was about the only original packaging material. The game was shrink wrapped up so there was no chance of popping the coin door open to get a better look.

If this game get shipped someones gonna be pissed.

#5 10 years ago

According to their listing they'll return the full purchase price if there's an issue. That's a lot of feedback for them to just blow someone off. Free Tron?

#6 10 years ago

If you look through the seller's other listings, you can see that many of their items marked "NEW - Original packaging" have clearly been opened.

They might be one of those companies that buys container loads of returned retail items and resells them.

So the Tron may have been damaged in shipping, and then sold to them along with 10,000 other items in a container.

#7 10 years ago

Vid, you are correct, that's what they do. Now that they know there is damage to the game, its wrong and misleading of them not to update the ad.

#8 10 years ago

The description in the auction says:

"New. Product is in open retail packaging."

I don't recall seeing NIB anywhere so figured it was opened. Didn't expect there to be damage though and that sucks for the buyer.

#9 10 years ago

Buyer Beware as usual.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damaged-tron-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.