11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Okay, we posted this to our local facebook group and not getting much response...we're going to go ahead and have it ANYWAYS, so to heck with the shopping, and arguing with relatives, and the games will go on!

Come play Rollergames sample with Cliffy's extra-hot-hot-pink sleeves, and my "unboxed in the last few days" Tron 2D. I am desparately trying to get Space Shuttle back up and playable as well...very close! I will also have Pinball Arcade up on the 50" bigscreen as well, sorry, no, I don't own all the released PS3 tables yet..

We are going to have some food, basically calling this the "Thanksgiving Leftover Potluck", and drinks. We have two kids, 2 and 7, we can probably deal with a few more. Our place is very small, but we will do our best to accomodate anyone that wants to show up and play. We have a good area outside our condo to chat/smoke.

******We do request that if you plan on attending, please don't bring anything with peanut in it. Yes, that includes candy in your purse or pocket. No PBJ sandwiches for your kids if you bring food for them, etc... Our 2 year old is allergic, epinephrine pens are expensive, and I don't want to shut down the party to call an ambulance.******

Location: 635/75 area in Richardson/Garland/North Dallas. PM me if you plan on coming so that I can give you specific instructions.

Hours: 2pm-1am 11/23/12

I'm not planning on running any tournaments, but we may cobble together something if enough people show and are into the idea.

#2 11 years ago

what a cool idea for black friday. i wish i was closer.

#3 11 years ago

Very kind of you, wish I was closer.

#4 11 years ago

The Friday after Thanksgiving used to be a big day for me. I open at noon and by then the guys were abandoning the shopping in mass.

I used to do a couple pinball tournaments too.

But now that so many stores are open the evening before ( on Thanksgiving ) or earlier than 9am. I think by noon most people are done and back home sleeping.

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

Buuuuuuuump. Space Shuttle will be up and running! Maybe with a few controlled lamp lighting when they shouldn't be, but nothing preventing gameplay!

#6 11 years ago

Awesome idea Frax! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Grats on the Tron 2D btw. I just unboxed mine a couple of hours ago, and having a blast playing it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dallas-area-black-friday-get-together and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.