Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

If you are using a dial up Internet connection and your having troubles uploading pictures and submitting threads or replying to them try this...

Just start the thread with out any pictures then go back and upload 1 picture at a time. It also helps to edit/re-size the pictures using MS Paint or another photo editing program you may have.

You can also host your pictures on/at websites like Photobucket, Putfile, Flicker etc... and just copy and paste the direct link (URL) into your post.

As all ways if you have any questions feel free to ask.

#2 12 years ago

sure now you tell me

#3 12 years ago

Also, don't forget to use Netscape 3 or better. ha ha hahaa

#4 12 years ago

People still use dial-up???

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Also, don't forget to use Netscape 3 or better. ha ha hahaa

Can you send me that on a floppy?

#7 12 years ago

I don't know about you guys, but I access Pinside through CompuServe.

#8 12 years ago

What is this dial-a-thingy you speak of?

#9 12 years ago

Wait what do you dial up on - I didn't know people even had house phones anymore. those wires hanging out of the wall still work?

#10 12 years ago

Not everyone has access to high speed Internet. There are a lot of people in my area(royal/country) alone still use dial up Internet connection. Yea, that's funny to people who have high speed now but if you have had Internet access for at least 10 years chances are you have had dial up access at one time...

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Not everyone has access to High Speed Internet ...

I know. I was just joking around. Hope you were not offended.

#12 12 years ago

No not offended. Just wanted to put a positive spin on this...

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Not everyone has access to High Speed Internet. There are a lot of people in my area(royal/country) alone still use dial up Internet connection. Yea, that's funny to people who have High Speed now but if you have had Internet access for at least 10 years chances are you have had dial up access at one time...

Do you have 3G in your area? I live out in the middle of nowhere, but thankfully close to a Verizon tower, so I have one of those MiFi wireless thingys, which is WAY better than dial up, although not as cheap of course, but I need the speed for my work, and of course for fun stuff too

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffy777:

Do you have 3G in your area?

No, we can't even get DSL down all our side roads yet. Ironically Comcast seen the opportunity and ran cable alone every telephone pole they could find! Somebody had their thinking hat on, now it's a question of budget...

How is your MIFI in a hard rain? Here It's a 15 minute drive home from Napa Auto Parts, so I decided to film it...

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Jeffy777 said:Do you have 3G in your area?
    No, we can't even get DSL down all our side roads yet. Ironically Comcast seen the opportunity and ran cable alone every telephone pole they could find! Somebody had their thinking hat on, now it's a question of budget...
    How is your MIFI in a hard rain? Here It's a 15 minute drive home from Napa Auto Parts, so I decided to film it...
    » YouTube video

Nice video. No cell service though?

I live 40 minutes from the nearest Wal-mart, so it's very rural here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

The MiFi is very good in storms. I used to have satellite interenet and it was terrible in comparison, and the upload speed especially was bad.

The MiFi is good though. I just downloaded 100MB worth of Neil Young in about 10 minutes. I just have to keep an eye on the total monthly downloads because it's not unlimited.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffy777:

No cell service though?

Yes we have cell but a lot of dead zone. It will improve in time, 5 maybe 10 more years. lol.

Stands for???

#18 12 years ago

Heck I still had dial up until early last year
    might have still kept it but the 9 year old PC went Kaput.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Heck I still had dial up until early last year
    might have still kept it but the 9 year old PC went Kaput.

Holly shnikes batman!! 9 year old computer with dial up... You must be a very patient man HDC!!

#20 12 years ago

yeah guess you can say that
    I just use gear till it breaks -rebuild then burn it up again
    too bad E-machines wasn't an EM

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

way2wyrd said:BBS
    Stands for???

Bulletin Board System. I remember those days, hahah. Good stuff.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

I didn't know people even had house phones anymore

No cell phone here,and damn proud of it!!!!!!!!!-Land Lines still rule....and by the way-
    HANG UP and DRIVE

#23 12 years ago

Wowwwwwww...
    Man, dial-up was terrible then! I can't even imagine what it is like today?!? Although, I kinda miss the sound...

I definitely agree with V8, HANG UP and DRI-- (SMASH!!!)

Oops, I hit something!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailup-internet-connections and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.