Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I was lucky enough to get to play dialed in for a couple of hrs this morning. I was not overly impressed when it was announced but still wanted to play it.

The bad.
I'm not a fan of the name and I absolutely hate the toys r us look of the the guy and girl toys on the playfield. I think the overall feel of the game is just a little young feeling. The SIM city vibe is already dated looking And the game isn't even out yet. The art while nicely drawn just doesnt grab me. The price tag is very high.

The good.
The game is absolutely packed with toys and shots. The game feels like PL tried to take some of the best shots and features from allow his games and bring them together. It has 5 magnets, a hologram, 3 ramps, one with a diverter that has a ngg style hole in one feel, a subway with 2 entry points, a moving bash target, a kick back, and more. The game plays really fast. This is the best shooting game made since Star Trek but it has more shots and a ton more toys. The powder coated trim looks great. The new board system is much smaller and sleeker. The camera and wifi stuff is cool even if it is a little over the top and corny. The color changing LED's look stunning with crisp smooth transitions.

The take away.
Unless JJP just has a major blunder with its new platform this is going to be the best of the 3 JJP games by a mile. While I would have prefered it not to look like it came from toy r us it is is really fun. It also has more to it then any stern ever made so while I hate the price if stern is going to charge 9k+ for an LE this is a much better value. Plus JJP has a proven code history and with all of those toys and magnets this thing could be over the top good. So if you can stomach the theme and the silly roadshow characters you are probably going to love this pin. It just shoots and feels better then any new pin I have played. It's also by far has the most flow of any PL pin to date.

I wish it cost less, I wish the name and the look of the toys were different, but damn does it shoot good.

#2 7 years ago

The price turned me off, but I'm still interested. I sold some arcade games today, I might move a pin just to feel better about getting one of these if I get a chance to play one and it feels as good as I hear it does. I don't want to support the rising NIB prices, but this very well could be a special game. I don't know, I'm hoping to maybe find a used one down the road at a bit of a discount.

#3 7 years ago

I'll definitely have to sell something if I get one. Short on space and can't come close to justifying that much new money on Pinball.

#4 7 years ago

About time you became a Lawler fan.

#5 7 years ago

I have a Hobbit SE and hopefully getting a RRWOZ on Monday. So that being said, I hope to play DI soon and fall n love with it. Would love to own all JJP games.

#6 7 years ago

I watched the Expo videos and Twitch / Buffalo Pinball broadcast, read through most of the threads and was already interested in the game. After seeing it in person and getting to experience the gameplay first hand, it really exceeded my expectations and blew me away. Anything you've read or watched already just really can't do this game proper justice, it's really that incredible.

Excellent flow, rewarding shots, super ripping fast at times, incredible magnet action, the phone ties everything together very well and helps pause the play as modes/missions begin. I think it's a masterpiece and fine the way it is. I can only imagine how much more depth it will have when the other 80% of code is complete.

Jack rattled off a bunch of really awesome things that are still being integrated into the game that are really going to add a lot more to the whole package. The cell phone integration is barely scratching the surface of what's already been patented and being developed. And some of the features coming for the collectors editions will literally make each one of them personalized, customized and one of a kind.

Jack, Joe & the Pinball Gallery team did a fantastic job putting the release party together, I had an awesome time.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The new board system is much smaller and sleeker.

You mean in the backbox ? Same board set, just not in the big metal box. Same I/O board, mother board, sound board.

LTG : )

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean in the backbox ? Same board set, just not in the big metal box. Same I/O board, mother board, sound board.
LTG : )

Didn't know that. It just looks a ton smaller so I assumed it was mostly a new design.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I hate the price if stern is going to charge 9k+ for an LE this is a much better value.

First off LE have become a joke with there high numbers buy Stern premium or JJP standard. As for price ignore vault edition prices a Stern premium is $7000 a JJP standard $8000 still high but better.Buy WOZ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-first-play-impressions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.