5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 6 years ago

At PAGG I saw a Singularity as another kind of disaster the city faces. Hadn't seen that one in any of the online videos. There are a TON of ways the city gets screwed up. It really is more of a disaster pin theme than anything else.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I can tell you guys its roughly just over $500.00 to ship to CA from Jersey. I shipped a Hobbit last year to walnut creek it was $536.00
Coast to coast is not cheap!!!!
Pincades
Chicago Land JJP Dist.
Jesse T

Non-white glove shaves about $100 off that. Also JJP and Stern are getting discounted volume rates.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pat with the "Dialed in"!!

While he's standing there, I wish he'd explain the rationale behind putting the headphone jack down on the bottom left corner of the cab. What was wrong with the coin door (WoZ/Hobbit) or below the start button like Stern? It seems like a weird/inconvenient place and is one decision he's made that I completely don't get.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not in the way of the bill acceptor.
Remember, these are COMMERCIAL MACHINES meant to be operated and TAKE IN MONEY. It's easy to forget when a lot of them end up in basements.

WoZ headphone jack in the coin door is nowhere near the bill acceptor. We have had bill acceptors on Hobbit and WoZ and the headphone jack was never in the way. It's on the OPPOSITE side of the coin door in a very convenient spot. The new Dialed In one is not in a convenient location. Makes no sense to have moved it.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Must have been a reason for it?

If there is, Jack didn't know what it was beyond "That's where Pat wants it." which is what he said when I asked.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perhaps the headphone jack was moved, so they could use standard European Style coin Doors for the European market.

Maybe, but that seems like a stretch. If anyone gets pat at a show, ask him!

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am curious to see what they have done to the magnet area to prevent the burn and chipping that was on the test games.

Those samples didn't have the actual Mirco playfields, supposedly. I doubt that chipping will be a problem with the production playfields.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

However well this fantastic game sells it would have sold double with a better, more cohesive theme. Everyone in the pinball community knows this is true including Jack.

The theme of the game is perfectly cohesive. Makes total sense when you're playing it. Now, if you mean a more well-known LICENSED theme, that's a different conversation.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So where does a Texas lawyer that is a huge Stern supporter get information about what JJP is ordering? Just speculating here... Could it be a Stern distributor who may have a strong incentive to bash the competition

Supposedly ex-JJP employees that are at Stern now. They have no axe to grind, right?

Jack told me personally at PAGG he's sold 1000 already and expects to sell another 1000 while those are being built. Even if he's in PT Barnum mode and DOUBLING what's he's sold, that's still 500 units. If he's only sold 250, then he's already made 5% of the machines just getting the line up and running. I don't believe it.

Having spent a good amount of time with it on Friday and Sunday at PAGG, I think it will do really well on route. Can't wait to get it out there. Ours is supposed to be here in 2-3 weeks.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Is it possible for JJP to ever knock a lot of the feature set off of a game and get the price down to "proish" levels, or if it is possible, do they just want to remain a premium brand?

I don't think we'll see lower than the current 8k for a JJP pin. Jack is shooting to be the anti-Stern in code support and build quality. Now he just needs to get the release frequency up to his target of 2 per year.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

DI just became the hotting selling pinball machine in Tokyo!

Not far from the existing Tokyo reality. They've had coffee shops with mirrored flooring for the convenience of clients into upskirt since at least the late 1990s.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've said before when I was playing a game the camera actively locked on to someone watching me play and kept taking pics of them... I thought that was pretty cool actually

I'm also surprised at how good the pics look in very low light.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well, he better get on with the Hobbit coding then. Hobbit code is evolving much more slowly than WOZ. Love my Hobbit but there are certainly some things I'd like to see on it. Seriously will consider DI once they start shipping.

Pretty sure Hobbit is close to as good as it's going to get aside from bug fixes. It's hamstrung by the playfield design. The one I maintain on route was sent away months ago. It just wasn't earning close to WoZ.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack said another Hobbit code update is coming, he replied to another Pinsiders email about it.

It's been out as BETA for quite a while. More of a cleanup than anything.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I can see that but I'm going standard look...classic stainless is a must for me. Sure the lighted ramp would be nice but not 1K more when the price is already so damn high (to me anyway)

Invisiglass is not a trivial upgrade included with the LE.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

For you guys and gals out there that have this on pre-order, I can promise you, it's the real deal and you won't be disappointed.

Having played it quite a bit at PAGG (when the line wasn't too long), I totally agree. It's easily the best release this year (and that includes Houdini). Should have one here in a couple weeks.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Trivial for a 1K upgrade..

Come ON. Invisiglass isn't the ONLY upgrade, nor is powdercoated armor. The $1k is justified for an LE.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, Dialed In was meant to be my first JJP machine, but fortune smiled on me and I got a Ruby Red Wizard of Oz over the weekend. Having it around has me even more excited for Dialed In now, but this should hold me over well.

You are indeed lucky. WoZ is a masterpiece.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I predict I'll buy a DI and a SW used in a couple years at steep discounts.

Unlikely for a JJP machine. WoZ has held value extremely well for what, 4 years? Hobbit not so much, but even what it sells for used can't be called a "steep" discount. From what I've played, Dialed In seems to be another WoZ with deep, fun, wide-appeal gameplay, and I expect it will probably hold value like WoZ. We'll see.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I noted that Jack said 2 more games (#4 and #5) being developed and #6 planned after those. Wow!

At PAGG he told me he has the next 4 games penciled in, so up through 7. If they can get to the 2 per year they're shooting for, that takes us through 2019.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't the LE $9k? Either way...$8k still needs to blow my balls off in pretty much all aspects.

8k standard is equivalent to a Pre/LE Stern. Far exceeds any current Stern build with materials.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess the other one is more and shit? I'm getting the cool one with steel legs and rails.

Invisiglass and powder coated rails cover most of the $1k upgrade from JJP Standard to LE.

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

David Thiel did a great presentation at the NW pinball show (the guy is friggin' hilarious). In addition to talking about the sound and music package he covered a lot of game play issues as it related to his work.

This is the first time I've heard the number of disasters. He says there are 11 in the game. From what I played at PAGG (from memory, these may not be exact), the disasters in the game are:

1. Earthquake
2. Tornado
3. Alien Invasion
4. Sinkholes
5. Volcano
6. Singularity
7. EMP
8. Meteor Storm
9. Acid Rain
10. Combustion
11. ??

But I can't remember (or never saw) the 11th. Anyone know what I'm missing?

#676 6 years ago

Dunno, but that seems like an obvious choice. Hopefully someone has seen that one in-game and we'll then have confirmation of all 11 disasters in the game.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What sort of city type disaster is this?

Explosions. Not sure of the source. Only saw that briefly.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Maybe an AI singularity? Would fit the theme interestingly well.

Looks like this (I snapped this at PAGG since I hadn't seen this disaster before). It tugs at building below it (the one with the stair-step top) trying to pull it into the vortex, then releasing slightly, and the animation repeats. I never saw the building go into the vortex, but I assume it does if the mode goes long enough.

singularity (resized).JPGsingularity (resized).JPG

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No tsunamis? Hurricanes?
Terrorism?...errr nevermind...not fun for pinball. Although a man-made EMP could be a form of terrorism.

It's on land, so no Hurricanes, but it does have land hurricanes, aka Tornadoes. I think the game's tone isn't dark enough for real terrorism, although it kind of IS about a kind of corporate terrorism in a large scale fantasy way.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I thought it needed NFC. Could be wrong.

Pretty sure it's Bluetooth. I know this because the one at PAGG they forgot to ship with the dongle for BT (Jack was digging around in the cab looking for it on Fri morning) and as a result, it didn't have the feature.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here u go guys. Wrapped like a bitch over the box. If anyone wants more pics or has any questions, let me know. Now, I'm going back to play more.

Haha! You got "my" 144. My dist told me that was the number I was getting. Guess I'm getting something else.

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well thats odd...

I didn't care about the number, so it's no big deal. Just weird to see "my" Dialed In being unboxed.

1 week later
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Also, the flippers seem kinda tame.....
What strength flipper power is everyone using??

Yeah, I turned up the flipper coils a couple notches. Seemed too weak out of the box, especially for the left ramp.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

This doesn't work. I had this problem on my WOZ RR and TH Smaug. I tried adjusting the coil strength up and down for hours without luck. What finally fixed it? Bending the metal guide near the top of the kick-up. I bent the top of it towards you (lock-down bar) and the bottom away from you (back box). Both have worked perfectly ever since.

If you have a bent guide, that will work, but often it's just a matter of adjusting coil strength for the ball trough VUK.

#956 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I am using 25 on each. I am having an issue with the ball sticking under the upper right flipper. Anyone else? I have a playfield protector installed so I'm sure that isn't helping. Any advice on how to keep that ball from sticking?

Happens to us, too, but lifting the flipper lets it roll out.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It could be because my playfield protector does not let it out and that little extra plastic is just enough to keep the ball sticking. Or, it could also be that the game needs more plays and that area might wear in just enough to release the ball easier. I'll go play a few more games and report back. Also, may need to adjust the height of the game in back so there is more incline for the ball to roll out.

Would have been kinda cool to stick a hole there to drop the ball into the subway for some scoring event.

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm trying to figure out the multiballs. I think there are 3 different multiball modes. I think there is a disaster multiball and the one I guess is the main mutiball is where it locks the balls in station 3. The thing I don't like about the station 3 multiball is that you only get to lock one ball then the phone starts ringing signaling you to go in there to start MB. Seems too easy to me to only have to lock one ball to start multiball or is this just the first multiball and maybe everyone after you have to lock more balls to start MB possibly? How are these locks lit, by the left ramp and right orbit?

There's more MB than that. Crazy Bob's has a Monkey Wrench multiball and a High Voltage Multiball that I've seen.

2 weeks later
#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I've played emp about 10 times now. 9 out of 10 it drops right down the middle. Is there a way to adjust the magnet from doing this?

Are you level left to right? It usually drops it slightly left on the one here.

#1036 6 years ago

After playing it extensively, I really wish they had angled the Crazy Bob's sign toward the apron so the player can read what's lit while playing. Parallel to the player's line of sight is no good for anyone except maybe spectators.

#1043 6 years ago

Here's the Crazy Bob sign with a more player-friendly orientation. It creates a potential ball trap to the left of the station exit (which is no problem for home use). I'll see if airballs get stuck there once it's on route, but it's MUCH better from a player's perspective like this.

IMG_2548 (resized).JPGIMG_2548 (resized).JPG

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Maybe you could cut a small piece of plexi as a shield?

If it actually does get airballs stuck there, I'll do something like that, but the exit wireform already does some blocking, so it may not even be an issue.

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I was just thinking the same thing when I had a friend over to play as I was explaining the rules.

After changing the orientation of the sign, had a ball get trapped behind it like I thought would be possible. So I made a clear plastic barrier from the end of the sign to near the station exit. It's quick and dirty (secured to the wireform anchor for the station exit wireform), but it seems to be working okay. Much nicer being able to read the sign while playing.

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can u post a pic please

Sure thing. This is just a piece of PET-G I had laying around from The Shadow. Once I establish it works, I'll make a legit one that will cover from the Station exit to the Crazy Bob sign. The gap that's there now is high enough that an airball is unlikely in that area, so I'm not worried. So far, so good.

The two crazy bob sign feet that had to be moved to angle the sign are just held on with 3M double sided adhesive tape so this can be reversed if need be (I can't imagine wanting the stock way again, though).

Bob_shield (resized).jpgBob_shield (resized).jpg

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I would be afraid an airball off the yellow standups would break the lights..

They're set back. Even if the ball hit the target and went straight up (unlikely), it would miss the lights on the sign. I'll keep playing with it this way, but I think that's a very unlikely scenario.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry if this has been addressed, could not find it. My theater magnet is dropping the ball instead of throwing it back. It set it at -155 and then +155 with no change. What's the proper setting and is there any other adjustment I need to make? Thanks

-155 seems excessive. With -155 it may be waiting too long to pulse the magnet and losing the ball. I'd try -80 and work down -10 at a time (-80, -90, -100, etc) until you get one that works.

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- BOB modes: the sign above the BOB targets showed 3 rewards. I didnt explore this too much, but there's certainly more than 3 modes/rewards to this. What i love about JJP games like WOZ crystal ball and BOB reward is the color changing insert reflects the reward. Love this kind of programming and thought. So to my question, how many modes/rewards are associated with BOB and what does BOB stand for?

Extra ball is a solitary reward.
Crazy modes can be 3 (?) rewards, Bonus Multiplier, Selfie Mode, Emoji Mode
Quick Multiball can be 3 rewards, Drone Multiball, High Voltage Multiball, and Monkey Wrench Multiball.

#1088 6 years ago

The characters in the phone for each disaster have names that are sometimes amusing:

Acid Rain - Spring Meadows
Alien Invasion - Rusty Spade
Earth shaker Justin Thyme
EMP Strike - Tony Pepperoni
Eruption - Jenna Tonic
Flash Fires - Roland Past
Meteor Shower - Sergeant Bellows
Singularity - Professor Fermion
Sinkholes - Bull Dozer
Tidal Wave - Jacques Flounder
Whirlwind - Anita Goodman

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there a diverter behind the pops like on afm, mm and mb?

Nope. It just drops through a one-way gate into the pops if the ball is going slow enough, otherwise it goes to the upper right flipper.

1 week later
#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So was Duff! That's awesome. I'd like to know what he thought of it and if he ordered one.

He owned a WoZ, but I'm not sure if he sold it when he divorced and sold his house.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

That's correct.
Concretehardt, do you have your camera covered or disabled, by any chance? Selfie Mode would be kinda lame without it, so I'd be willing to bet it's disabled if the camera is.

It puts up a generic graphic if it can't take a picture.

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This one confused/confuses me too. I believe the first scratch is the camera one...with a big lottery ticket on the screen. It may just give it to you after awHile? Anyway, after that I believe it's then lit in the theatre shot. Maybe it alternates small screen to big screen?

Color me confused, too. That's why there's an entry on the "needs attention" section of the bug list about better callouts of exactly what to do when a ticket is on screen. Most times waving doesn't seem to work at all, but sometimes it does. It needs some clarity added with callouts.

2 weeks later
#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ack, the head is a touch wider than a Stern, and just wide enough to not clear my door. I'll have to take the door off the hinge for that extra inch of clearance.
Does anyone know if DI head removes easy? or is it a big process? More work than taking my door off the hinge? If it's a couple of connections maybe the head should come off, but if its 2 dozen then I won't bother.

Door off the hinge will be way easier.

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My cliffy set came in today. What's required to install the SIM card hole? Remove entire ramp assembly? A few screws and connectors from underneath?

Look at the key posts on this or the other unboxing thread, there's a link to pics I took when I did it. Basically just take two screws out on the ramp and turn it a little to get it past the station, then rest it on the QED guy. The posts on each side on top are wood screws, so you remove them from the top with a 1/4" wrench. You have to loosen the ball trough from the bottom to put the side pieces on, if I remember right. It's a pretty quick install, maybe 20 minutes.

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

After playing the game a few days now, I can't help but feel that Pat Lawlor delivered where jpop had failed. An original theme by a top designer, full of cool toys, lights, ramps, magnets, lcds, but this one plays well and is fun.
The original theme aspect of this really starts to pay off as you play it more and see more of the game. There are so many unique modes and multiballs. The game is not hamstrung by needing to stick to movie scenes. It really is quite the achievement. Congratulations to all those involved.

The part I'm still most impressed with is the shot engineering. It shoots so smooth and just FEELS right. Very rare achievement. Gotta give Pat huge props for that.

2 weeks later
#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is that the game's default selfie pic, in place of the real photo taken when its hotdog/not hotdog algorithym flags a questionable selfie?

I only get a dialed in logo on a black background for the pictures when that happens.

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Finally got to play the game the other week two questions.
First can you change what mode you start the game I played started the same mode as the first every game I played.
Second what are the toys as it felt like a toyless game

Yes. If you look at the cell phone, one of the disasters you've unlocked is highlighted (I think you start with 4? available). Pop bumpers advance it, as do the flipper presses. So you can grab the ball, hold it, then use the other flipper to select one BEFORE or AFTER the one you want (because flipping it in will move it one, too) and get the one you want.

If you have the phone app, you can directly select disasters, too, which is a little easier.

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How do you add disasters?

Pretty sure it adds one each time the phone is fully charged. Hit the scoop to collect one - repeat.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

would like to see this too b/c mine goes pop OR falls further foward and down to my flippers. It never has gone backward into skill area. Maybe you have to rock the machine to do this?

If you replace whatever those dead stock rings up there are with marco white rubber, the extra bounciness helps.

#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A strong left ramp shot does this on mine/or goes in pop area and sets me up to lock a ball very nicely. ... id guess its by design knowing other pat l pins that also help with shots . Weaker shots fall off the front or go in the hole sometimes...
» YouTube video

Are you using stock flipper power? It seems like it's overpowered - that ball's moving fast!

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Played a DILE on Location today that seems to be problematic every time I go. Today it would not register hits to the electric guy and no way to start modes since the phone could not be charged, no matter how many ramps, etc. quite a different game that way.

That's just a plain old target, nothing fancy. Weird it would already be broken. But it does bring up a good point given that charging the phone is KEY to the game. If the QTE guy's target is detected not to be working, they should have a fallback to maybe the targets next to the theatre (or the drone targets) to charge the phone as a backup.

1 week later
#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where was this?
I have to say one issue on newer pins is horrible switch compensation - in that it doesn't exist. 90s games, if a switch stopped working, the software would usually find a way to deal with it. Seems like this is nonesxistent on stern games, and I'm not sure about JJP either. I wish they would put this back in it's invaluable for location pinball.

Yeah, I added this to the bug list a while ago since it's a major problem if that one switch goes out. It absolutely needs switch compensation for at least the QED guy so you can still play the disasters if that switch is out.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

"Clone" was Elaine's (Ditton at the time) first solo game effort working at Marvin Glass. She had been on the Journey team. Clone was the merging of the video game and the photo booth.
Clone took four pictures of the player at the beginning of the game. These pictures sequenced in a frame that was the player's token. If you got high score your pictures were saved as the boss enemy.
It only took a few days for some precocious player to lower their pants and have a genitals as their four pictures.
Imagine later player's surprise when the boss enemy came out.
It only took Alladin's Castle four days to reject the game.
Persist pictures at your own risk.
Ddt

But they didn't have the power of hotdog/not hotdog ai to filter the pics back then. The future is now!

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just popped up an unboxing and first game play of our DI LE on our Youtube channel if anyone is interested/bored or wants to see how one plays straight out of the box.
» YouTube video
and part 2 with game play
» YouTube video

Get protectors installed at the SIM hole and phone hole ASAP. The playfield WILL chip at those holes without them in as little as 50 plays.

1 week later
#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha first thing I did when I bought it was change that to 3 initials.

DEFINITELY. Home, great to have longer names. On location? 3 initials is all you get.

#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So the new wizard mode - does anyone else think it should be lit some other way? Right now there’s the new wizard mode after 6 disasters, one after playing 8 and one after beating 8.
Maybe maybe the new 6 disaster mode start at 4 completed or 6 played?

Where is the new rom? The JJP site still only has 1.13...

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed. I was concerned when I read this too. I have DI on my radar but feel like another wizard mode Should have been qualified after doing selfie mode, emoji mode, and both quick multiballs. And maybe call it crazy bobs chaos or something. Or qualify it for getting all the spider targets, all the drones, and all the other side objective stuff.
Too much focus on the game is centered around the phone modes. Game needs to be spread out a bit. No?

The spiders and drones are currently irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. They need to be integrated into gameplay MUCH better.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The drones can get you a good utility multiball, but it's risky enough and there's enough else going on with the game I don't bother with it. Spider is just there.
Still, I think you guys are just getting greedy. The DI code is fine as it is and a little more polish I think it's ready to put it to bed.
The whole concept of "more wizard modes" is extremely silly to me. A game should have ONE Wizard mode.

I just like the way WoZ handles it with the Melt the Witch at about the halfway point. It breaks up the grind of getting the gems and is a nice little boost. Dialed In disaster disaster disaster disaster multiball disaster disaster disaster can be a grind, too. Breaking that up with little "intermission" modes every 4 disasters or so will really help.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Is the station 3 shot intended to be super hard? I got mine setup on Friday and in ~70-80 players no one has hit that shot once, even on accident. The best we can get is the ball starting to roll up the ramp but without enough force to make it all the way. Most of the time it never makes it far enough up the ramp to even be visible from the playing position.

Works fine here. Maybe you need to increase the coil strength for that flipper. What's it set to?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is my concern about owning it in a small collection. Could become tiresome and repetitive. Is that how owners feel about this game? Is it too focused on disasters and not other aspects? Is this a concern and/or considered a roadblock in the software so to speak?

As it is now, yes, it will get old in a small collection, which is why I'm pretty sure they're already executing on plans for the code to break up the disaster progression a bit, which is what the game needs.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone shifted the crazy Bob sign?....seems like it should be nice if it was at a 30 angle towards the player....the way it currently sits its somewhat useless....

I did, but I put a plastic guard between it and the station, otherwise the rotated sign becomes a ball trap if an airball gets up there.

JJP really needs to ship them like this (with a better, custom made plastic shield). It's SO MUCH BETTER as a player when you can easily read the sign while playing.

Bob_shield (resized).jpgBob_shield (resized).jpg

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks Vireland...appreciate the insight...having the sign in its current location is a complete waste as nobody can read it....hard to believe the factory didn't pick this up already...

I didn't drill the plastic to reseat the leg I moved out. I just used 3M thick adhesive square, cut to size. Hasn't moved a millimeter.

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ok thanks....do you think the plastic is really necessary...I haven't noticed any air balls flying in that area....yet

For home? Probably not, but this one is on a route, and you don't want a ball stuck when no one is there to fix it.

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. Mine has the new code. What a fun pin.

Such a tease!

2 months later
#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Quick question, the wire form that feeds the left inlanes keeps dropping the ball onto the plastics and sometime right out. I tried raising and lowering with no luck. Is this a known issue, bad ramp?

Not sure if it would slow the ball enough, but you could try cutting a black post rubber and putting it on the cross-supports on the habitrail to slow the ball down. It worked on GoT, but the ramp was much steeper. My only concern here is it might stop a slow ball.

Also, you should get some cliffy rollover protectors on the left and right inlanes. The ramps are dropping the balls right on the switches and it will chew them up over time.

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Spent my last hour of pin session in front of Dialed In LE.
Something was off in the shooter rod. Could not easily plunge all the way through to the flipper. Helped me notice how the ball likes to go SDTM from the jets. Thank God for ball saver.

Likely the supports for the PF have bent/sagged just enough to lower the playfield and cause the auto launcher to drag on the shooter rod, killing its momentum. If you pull and release the rod with no ball in the lane, you can see the auto launcher move when the rod nicks it, which should not happen. Shimming the two metal PF support hooks is the only way I've found to address this. Hobbit had/has the same problem. Never had it with WoZ.

It's being discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/permanently-correcting-pf-sag-on-dialed-in

1 month later
#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just joined
the club! Born on date of January 30th! Haven't been keeping up but came with Factory scoop protectors for both scoops. Factory mylar around the QED guy. Don't remember the quantum being 3D but as possible. Rubber looks shiny. Mylar around magnet. Any suggestions on protection before I play it?
One question, the plug in the back once I put the plug in the plate doesn't fit back over it. What's up with that?

Did you buy Cliffies for the SIM and phone holes? That's EXACTLY his design.

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That is stock protectors. Just opened the game last night. Haven't even played it yet.. Lol
As far as the leg levelers go. I did a little higher in the back maybe one fingers worth and a couple of threads in the front

Holy crap. Maybe they're using actual cliffies from the factory now on Dialed In?!! If so:

A> About time. Those ones they designed sucked and just wasted everyone's time.
B> Bravo JJP! Leading the pinball pack in another area now!

1 year later
#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I found a steel flap just sitting on the playfield by the left loop on my Dialed In yesterday, I can not see anywhere is is missing from can any one else suggest where this has come from?[quoted image]

Probably the trap door on the left orbit about halfway up the left side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.