By frankmac

1 year ago

Stats

• 1,647 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B3B26ADF-3CBA-4382-B4E9-AEA991DF7C7E (resized).jpeg
IMG_4993.JPG
IMG_0757 (resized).JPG
IMG_0756 (resized).JPG
44D2866F-6DBE-4C26-9A6B-C3D1B5C53065.jpeg
15180508565131720200789 (resized).jpg
20180207_193156 (resized).jpg
20180207_193144 (resized).jpg
20180207_193201 (resized).jpg
20180207_193126 (resized).jpg
0106180114 (resized).jpg
283BF201-9D1F-4613-8545-39D30B0BACDC (resized).jpeg
20171027_223425 (resized).jpg
20171027_224447 (resized).jpg
2017-10-26 23.59.43 (resized).jpg
176A38BF-610E-4C3E-AE29-0BE2612CA27A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#532 10 months ago

DI is slowly winning me over...but still can't quite get over the $9k price for terrible art and a so-so theme. I mean, I have a RS but that only cost me $2k. That's tolerable. $9k better blow my balls off in ALL aspects. SW is failing too. I predict I'll buy a DI and a SW used in a couple years at steep discounts.

Buy 'em up boys!

#561 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its 8k not 9...i know that doesn't make it an immediate buy but it's better

Too true. Any of the bold claims from any game is annoying.

Isn't the LE $9k? Either way...$8k still needs to blow my balls off in pretty much all aspects.

#588 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's 8K, not 9K

The base model is $8k. With that huge tv screen, invisiglass is a must if you want to see the ball...so let's say $8300. Throw on shipping and we're at $8600.

#592 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My eyesight is sure not 20/20 but I'll be fine seeing the ball...haven't had any problems yet.
The shipping is real though...and that's super lame IMO. Paying shipping so I can pick it up from a distro?

Have you played a WOZ or Hobbit without invisiglass? There is serious reflections from that big screen.

#604 10 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

According to the latest flyer he will be.

It said that previous years and he was "dialed in" remotely for the presentation.

#628 10 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

(2) dialed in
(3) hobbits
(5) wizard of Oz
Come see us at the rocky Mountain pinball showdown with new dialed in code, and new hobbit code. I do not believe the other two show have this release.
Come check it out.

NEW Hobbit code?
Please share. What version?

#638 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does JJP post the changes for each release? a major release like this might be a good time for me to go in on a TH!!!!!!~

Yes.

#675 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

This is the first time I've heard the number of disasters. He says there are 11 in the game. From what I played at PAGG (from memory, these may not be exact), the disasters in the game are:
1. Earthquake
2. Tornado
3. Alien Invasion
4. Sinkholes
5. Volcano
6. Singularity
7. EMP
8. Meteor Storm
9. Acid Rain
10. Combustion
11. ??
But I can't remember (or never saw) the 11th. Anyone know what I'm missing?

No flooding?

#714 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well tolerating AC/DC is quite different than Slayer, just admit it gameplay will not overpower Satanic imagery and the evilness of Slayer's music, that's cool I understand, why can't that apply to DI in for me? I will play DI on route and at the distributors every chane I get its just not coming home with me is all I'm saying, I think its great, JJP finest game for me by far and if its any indication of things to come from that company I'm very excited for the future, hopefully its not Toy Story and Muppets but POTC has potential, anyway happy for everyone who is getting a DI.

With two kids, I'd love a family friendly Toy Story. Even without kids I'd love that theme.

#718 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats a good thing and I hope u get it, lots of room for JJP Toy Story and JJP DeadPool, but I know thats not going to happen, you know a big reason I'm down on JJP themes is because I truly believe they are making premium pinball machines and I would love to see what they do with something that I enjoy, Guardians of the Galaxy would be great.

I'd be all over Deadpool and GotG too!

#724 10 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uncle Gary might have your back on one or both of those...

I hear Uncle Gary has "Pulp Fiction" too. PLEASE let that be true.

#726 10 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

*I apologize for the long rant here but this is something I've had on my mind for a while.*
I actually think this whole "theme" issue in pinball is a bit overplayed myself. There are so many great classic games out there that people love, which at first glance don't seem to have great themes. For example, Taxi. Think about this day in age if JJP or Stern planned a reveal of Taxi (which is this theoretical example was never made) and they announced the game like this: "Ok, so for our next game, we came up with a game based on...*dramatic pause*...driving.....*suspense building*.....a taxi!!! How cool is that, huh folks?! You act as the driver and you have to pick up 5 different passengers: Pinbot, Putin (for current relevance instead of Gorbi), Dracula, Santa, and Lola (insert current celebrity who they just couldn't get the rights to). How about that people, pretty awesome huh?"
If something like that were to happen today, people would be calling for Jack or Gary's head. Fires would rage and people would claim it was the end for that company, and possibly all of pinball. "WHAT!? Who cares about driving a taxi!? I drive my car every day to and from work, and I'm stuck in traffic in my car enough as it is. I want to play pinball, not drive a stupid yellow car around. And who came up with those stupid random characters to pick up? Whoever agreed to that should be fired!" However, Taxi is a great game according to many people. It has great sound, great shots, good art, and is just an overall fun game to play. If you think in similar terms to a lot of other system 11 games, this type of logic works for many of those games.
High Speed reveal: "Get this folks, you are trying to drive and escape from the cops after you......run a red light!! What do you think!? Sounds awesome doesn't it?!"
Diner: "Ok everyone, in this game you are a.....server.....at a diner.....and have to serve food to customers!?! AMAZING huh?!"
Pick one of your favorite games that is a non-licensed theme and "dumb it down" to it's bare minimum. Think if that game were released today and what kind of reaction people would have.
On the other hand, think about any game in particular that is considered a dud. It's usually considered a bad game because of bad flow, or bad shots, or dull artwork, bad rules, etc. I feel like most non-licensed themes are appealing because of the creativity behind them, and DI certainly fits that creative definition in my opinion. It has amazing artwork, great gameplay and shot making (yes I've played it), great light show, awesome display animations in the LCD, etc. It's a winner in my book.

The games you mentioned are super cheap. Nobody would be buying 'Taxi' for 8 or 9k.

#748 10 months ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I'd be psyched for the Muppets. I like them now that I have a kid more than I did when I WAS a kid

I've heard Jack directly say that Muppets was not a good theme for him...that was several years ago, but I doubt we'll see a Muppets game from JJP.

#794 10 months ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Apples and oranges. The reason they are cheap (not just counting age) is the technology in the games themselves. These games aren't cheap because of them being a bad theme.

Maybe, maybe not. If RS was Star Wars and it had Death Vader's and The Emperor's heads on it instead of Red and Ted it would be a $7k game. Theme counts.

#859 10 months ago

It's a beautiful game, enjoy it!

1 week later
#919 10 months ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

~$24,000 well spent.

...or is it

#928 10 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

In the 5th picture the left slingshot rubber is about to completely break.

LOL, good eye...you're really looking at these pics in detail!

#944 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well I just tried this. I hit the Theatre, did not use the right flipper and it hit the lower right flipper and did not drain. So not sure what to tell u guys.

It's obviously going to depend on playfield angle, strength of the flippers, and how clean the shot is hit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
8,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 24.50
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Arcade Moi Ca

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside