5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The upper playfield helps alot in certain modes when diverted. Also i put all my protectors on with out removing it.

Can you elaborate? I'm also trying to understand what is the point of the diverter. Which modes exactly? Seems to just stop the flow of the ball and then you have to nudge to put it in pops otherwise it just spills out. It would be cool if there were some switches up there but it appears just rubbers right?

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

When lock is lit it diverts and falls off the back of upper playfield into the skill shot, which then sets you up with a upper flipper to ramp shot to lock a ball . Thats a big help and pretty cool. In acid rain mode it diverts so it has a chance to go into the pop bumpers for the mode. Im monkey wrench mb to get jackpot you need to sneak past the diverter to get jackpot. Im sure there are others but thats the main times i noticed so far.

thanks

btw - can you increase the strength of your flipper past 25? Mine says 32 but only goes to 25. Right feels little weaker than left. Thanks

#1283 6 years ago

OK so your right flipper you can hit the left orbit and the ball flies around to the right orbit and doesn't touch anything? like super smooth?

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U need to go into settings and put it between -90. - - -120. So it throws it back to upper flipper

He's correct. Think about in the shadow pinball game - how it locks the ball. It's supposed to look like that. It's really slick.

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill grab a vid at some point but it does fall to pop area about 25 percent of the time but usually im skill area to upper flipper and then to lock.

would like to see this too b/c mine goes pop OR falls further foward and down to my flippers. It never has gone backward into skill area. Maybe you have to rock the machine to do this?

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A strong left ramp shot does this on mine/or goes in pop area and sets me up to lock a ball very nicely. ... id guess its by design knowing other pat l pins that also help with shots . Weaker shots fall off the front or go in the hole sometimes...
» YouTube video

funny is that I asked about this and then tonight it happened twice. Game is brilliant.

2 weeks later
#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate 'em!
Sucks when I'm waiting to play this at a bar and I have to wait for 3 scrubs to struggle to put in their 10 letter name for each of their sub 50,000 scores because they think it's actually important.

Haha first thing I did when I bought it was change that to 3 initials.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Works fine here. Maybe you need to increase the coil strength for that flipper. What's it set to?

As it is now, yes, it will get old in a small collection, which is why I'm pretty sure they're already executing on plans for the code to break up the disaster progression a bit, which is what the game needs.

No problem hitting that shot at all. In fact it's easier than I thought. Sim card is a whole other story although it's good you can't hit that one easily.

As for the wizard modes, I'm all about mini ones. Why not. I do agree that the spiders and drone (and things outside of diasters) need to score more to warrant more attention. That being said, I have a small collection (soon to be 3 with alien) and it's been nonstop thus far. Something about the way the game plays/feels - it's one more time every time with that game. Just love it. That might change and I can certainly turn 1 game into 2 good ones real fast but DI is such a stunner right now. Plus it looks really nice to my RR. Alien will face against the other wall - totally diff theme and prob one of the creepiest machines I've played. Deserves it's own horror space.

#1391 6 years ago

on a ripper shot to the right "ramp"/orbit, I've had my ball either go all the way around to left orbit or go up mid way and then hit metal and stop - drop into bumpers. I've also had it do what it's expected to do and hit right ramp. On a normal speed or slow it always hits right ramp.

Have you guys seen this on yours and is there anyway to ensure it hits right ramp all the time? just curious. If you haven't I prob need to adjust leveling - maybe raise right up. Plunge shot always hits right ramp and down no matter how hard I do it.

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Well, so far so good with my new DILE! I can't say I've noticed any issues. I was also told by my distributor that the reason mine was a couple weeks late is because they got a new, stiffer version of the QED guy. I guess there are some issues with the original version's arms separating, and the lightning bolts falling out. The lightning bolts were installed out of the box on mine (I thought I heard with earlier versions they had to be installed).
Build date on my machine is 10/06 (10/11 on the box). Came with both hole protectors and felt leg protectors.
Put several more games on it this morning and still have yet to hit the SIM hole from the upper flipper. That is making me a little concerned...

I rarely can hit that shot clean either. I think that's normal.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

agreed. i have to find that spot. right now i get awarded sim cards by luck, not by skill.

Same here. I find that if you bank the ball off of targets (white post by cell scoop or theatre targets) I can make and that I guess is skill and the occasional top right flipper but it's almost all luck.

#1417 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I witnessed a player hit the difficult Sim Card or Big Bang shot using the right lower flipper... after failing 5 times using the upper right flipper.
Is he onto something? Curious how repeatable tickling that switch from the lower right is if anybody dare to think outside the box. Might turn the hardest shot in the game into an easier one!

Almost all my sim shots are made from lower flippers. I actually got a designed shot off White rubber from phone scoop to soon and felt great. Not looking to make this shot too easy. Love the risk reward on it

#1420 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't need it to be easy...but it would be nice if it could be made from the upper flipper as (i assume) was intended
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself since I only have about two dozen games on my machine...but I guess I would have thought I would have hit it from the upper flipper at least once in 72+ balls...

I've def hit it before from upper so possible. Late shot.

#1423 6 years ago

kids (3 and 5) love it at first but have since went back to WOZ. They still like DI but WoZ is still the champ. When asked why - they sai DI is too hard. I think b/c WoZ is widebody they have a better chance to keep the ball in play while DI which plays much faster can drain before they know it. The scoop shot also makes things harder.

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There are integrated in the new code coming out along with new lighting effects and voice/callouts during mb. Lots of nice new touches in the new code that really add to a allready great pin.

any more info on how that are added in? Must have missed this in the summary of new code

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Everyone will have it soon . Still a little bit of testing going on . Its worth the wait....

Have you played it? If so, can you explain the new mini wizard mode?

#1435 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I can not yet but hopefully will be able to soon....

OK np. Last i heard, it was going to take another 2 weeks.

btw - does your right shot (the right ramp) - at very fast speeds, does it ever jump over to the left orbit or hit the ramp and not go up. Mine does ocassionally. wondering if it's leveling.

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

One time it happened .... i hit a perfect ball on the fly at super speed lol.

ok. yeah it's has to be incredibly fast but I've managed to do it a couple of times. kind of cool..haha

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Played the crap out of my new DILE last night. I already knew it from playing it on location, but what a crazy fun game!!! It has been a long time since I played a new game with such a strong "one more game" draw. I kept thinking about stopping playing, and then I kept hitting that start button!
I had extra rubbers around, so I put some smaller rubbers on the posts by the SIM card hole. Didn't really help me any. I think I hit the SIM card shot once from the upper flipper...otherwise just lots of lucky bounce ins.
My theater magnet worked perfectly out of the box. It was set at -70 by default. My bottom "Light Big Bang" target wasn't working. Turns out it was wedged under the left ramp. I loosened the right screw on that ramp a bit and it did the trick.
Where does everyone's phone scoop pop out to? The right flipper? Most of the time mine is popping out to the right sling, which doesn't seem right. How do you adjust that?
Can't wait until the new code drops! If they are installing it in the factory on new machines, I assume it will be available to the public very soon!

Mine shoots to the right flipper but occasionally does hit the right sling. I think that's normal. You can try adjusting by pushing down on the metal but I wouldn't do it too much. You might be able to adjust within (haven't tried) or change speed but I think that shot output is normal.

I was also impressed with the one more game. When I bought it I was still kind of unsure but have been really impressed. Wasn't planning on buying it AND Alien but here we are. Who knows what happens next but really enjoying it.

#1443 6 years ago

mine is the opposite (bottom than top)....

#1474 6 years ago

Really looking forward to 1.46!! Hopefully soon is tonight ; )

1 week later
#1501 6 years ago

Shouldn't this thread be combined with the official one? Not sure of the diff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.