• Standerd 90 votes
    27%
  • LE 214 votes
    64%
  • Collectors editions 32 votes
    10%

(336 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PS Logo (resized).jpg
B5BDB29F-5881-4DF6-B615-CC3EA17E7F91 (resized).jpeg
A4ADC212-FC05-4728-AF7D-A53C6DF26B37 (resized).jpeg
0BBA0F66-BD54-4045-81E5-B6D16FD35C78 (resized).jpeg
94000A6E-9EFB-4AE6-A110-D34453D37B8B (resized).jpeg
809BB52A-760D-476C-BBBB-35DC2393D846 (resized).jpeg
BD81999C-A1B9-4000-851E-8C807CBC27DD (resized).jpeg
5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
98630c5071da5cae9eb9321d5b5652483e0bb6f8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is helpful for this purchase but you have to find a distributor that doesn't want to charge you extra for using your card and still give you the street price or whatever shipping deal he would normally cut.
What I'm finding is if a distro will accept your credit card so you get the rewards they either want to charge you 2-3% or they want to raise the price or not give you free shipping if you worked that out prior to discussing payment method.
With a game as pricy as DI, getting your full credit card rewards without a penalty is a niceness perk to reduce cost.

Is the credit card fee true for direct sales as well?

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Dialed-In/Dialed-In-Limited-Edition-Pinball-Machine_2.html

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

But there they want $9,000, so while they don't charge you the credit card fee you aren't getting the street price either. In my personal ideal world, I want the best street price and to be allowed to get cash back from my credit card without the fee...

What is the street price for Dialed In LE, $8700? I did not know there was anything other than the retail price for new JJP titles with the exception of a couple guys that sell with less advertising (don't want to name names). I know Hobbit and WOZ are now offered for discounts but they are not new titles anymore.

I really don't see the point in pre-ordering when there are guys that get NIB games by the van load and then will bring them or ship them to your house a little cheaper and you then pay when the game is tangible.

#361 1 year ago

I am curious to see what they have done to the magnet area to prevent the burn and chipping that was on the test games.

#399 1 year ago

I don't think manufacturers can expect to consistently sell multiple thousands of each $9000 title (assuming prices are going to stay that high for all of their games). Sure, some themes are so popular/desired they overcome price and some games are so good they overcome the blah theme and price but what percentage of new titles/games are going to fall in one of those two categories?

I don't have an opinion as to how well DI will or can do since I have not played one yet.

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Like around 3K stripped down?

The fair comparison to me would be AS premium and DI Standard. DI Standard is $8000 plus shipping so around $8350. AS premium is what, $7000 shipped (or is it still $6700 shipped for Stern Premiums)?
That is $1300 to $1700 difference depending on actual Stern premium pricing and actual JJP shipping costs. I think most would agree that DI Standard is a more full-featured game than AS Premium, but lacks a major license/theme. Is DI standard worth that much more in cost difference?

Another aspect of the equation, going off in a little tangent, is that the DI LE is $1000 more than DI Standard. I would say the LE clearly has at least $1000 in attractive/desired upgrades for many people, so that makes the DI Standard much less attractive because of the value you receive in comparison from the LE.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dialed in is one of the most feature loaded pins i can think of. Just so much there and not to mention the cab /board redesigns. Love the way the lcd swings out to get to all the boards on the head.

I can only imagine what the sales totals would be with the package JJP offers if DI was Star Wars or Harry Potter.

1 week later
#678 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What sort of city type disaster is this?

"Combustion" = Fire?

In what context is singularity being used? A black hole swallowing things up?

#681 1 year ago

No tsunamis? Hurricanes?
Terrorism?...errr nevermind...not fun for pinball. Although a man-made EMP could be a form of terrorism.

#697 1 year ago

Attack from Mars is essentially a knock-off theme of Mars Attacks. I personally think the licensed/non-licensed theme obsession/argument is way overblown in pinball. The Elvira games are licensed games with added original content to enhance the theme concepts, same for Monster Bash and CFTBL. If the game is fun I will play it. That is all that matters.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's fun. It's not intimidating to a novice nor too hard for an average player. The shots are smooth and varied. The graphics show great promise. It has that "just one more game appeal". If you like Lawlor games you will like DI. The much maligned cell phone actually works well as a way to advance the game. I think it's the best use of a mini LCD that we've seen on any game to date.
Yes, the name is a head scratcher and the guy holding the cell phone as the central art is a major disappointment. Whoever said the game should have been called "Quantum City Chaos" was dead on. The title "Dialed In!" will seem dated and obsolete in a few years (if it isn't already). I used to think the title and art fiascos were enough to derail the game - I was one of those that was totally deflated at the initial announce. However although I feel that the title and art will cost JJP sales, I think game play will save it. It won't outsell WOZ, but will do far better than Hobbit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-dialed-in-be-called-quantum-city-instead?tu=dcfan#op

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

If Dialed In can't outsell The Hobbit, then the pinball community is a mess and doesn't actually care about pinball. Dialed In is vastly superior. If theme makes that big of a difference for people, they really should get into collecting posters. It would be cheaper and it take up less space.

Wasn't the Hobbit around $7500 originally? The price mark-up on DI definitely has priced many out and made some draw a line that is harder to cross this time. We have seen about a 75% price increase for full-featured LE level games since around 2010-11.

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Don't tell that to Gomez. He gets a bit worked up when people say that (well, worked up for Gomez anyway...he's a pretty calm guy).
AFM was in development before the movie was released by over a year as I recall from what Gomez has said several times.

Yes but Mars Attacks was a Topps property for 30 or 40 years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Attacks
http://comicsbookstories.blogspot.com/2011/11/mars-attacks-cards-topps-1962-art-by.html

13_marsattacks_watchfrommars (resized).jpg

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sorry I knew that and something made me type son, trying to pretend to focus on work while I'm on here reading pinball news.
In either case thanks to you both, super informative and available to answer everyone's questions and give some insight to the programming of it all. Was awesome having you both there, "Dad" trying to sell everyone(even though I think the game sells itself with people seeing and playing it) and you telling us how it all worked.

Did you ask him what the theme of the game he is designing for JJP will be?

1 week later
#927 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

My family got a chance to visit the JJP factory yesterday. Jack took time out of his busy schedule to give us a tour of the factory. We even got to see our DILE in the box waiting to be shipped. We can't wait to get back home to be able to have it shipped. Jack, Jen, and the whole JJP team were so nice. This is great group of people and it all starts with Jack.

In the 5th picture the left slingshot rubber is about to completely break.

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, good eye...you're really looking at these pics in detail!

Yeah. I was looking at the whole playfield zoomed in to see all the features of the game since I have not seen the game yet in person.

Is the station3 a ball lock? Also does that release balls onto that habitrail trail and the balls fall down to the playfield?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside