5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I havent played since November, yet still I find myself playing it in my sleep.
Only a handful of games have managed to bump out my "better" fantasies!
Just FYI, i you are thinking of one, Chase Sapphire, with a new card, is giving $400 to $625 back with $4k charges in 3 Months.
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-sapphire-preferred
Makes Dialed in just a bit more affordable.

Yup! I've done this twice now for new pins to take $500 off the asking price. If you put $4k on the card you will get 50,000 bonus points + 4000 points for the regular bonus which comes to $540 that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Chase will release the points in time that you can apply all the points as a statement credit before your first payment is due.

#302 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link to last night's stream, guys.

Here's the YouTube archive of the show for anyone who missed it live. Gameplay on the brand new 1.0 code:

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup! I've done this twice now for new pins to take $500 off the asking price. If you put $4k on the card you will get 50,000 bonus points + 4000 points for the regular bonus which comes to $540 that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Chase will release the points in time that you can apply all the points as a statement credit before your first payment is due.

That is helpful for this purchase but you have to find a distributor that doesn't want to charge you extra for using your card and still give you the street price or whatever shipping deal he would normally cut.

What I'm finding is if a distro will accept your credit card so you get the rewards they either want to charge you 2-3% or they want to raise the price or not give you free shipping if you worked that out prior to discussing payment method.

With a game as pricy as DI, getting your full credit card rewards without a penalty is a niceness perk to reduce cost.

#304 6 years ago

Payment options to me seems like business 101. Offer more ways to pay, differentiate yourself from all the other "cash only" businesses, offer excellent service to your customers by giving more options and get more business.

It seems such small minded thinking to turn down business by not accepting credit cards, because of a 2 or 3 point hit. 3% of $8k is $240. They'd rather just not sell the game?

For my own business our credit card charges every month are well into 5 figures, and that is just what it costs. I'd hate to see my sales numbers if I stopped taking credit cards.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

If you haven't watched the Buffalo Pinball video check it out...
The lightshow got a serious boost with 1.0.

Ok, so I have to ask. I've got this thing where once I've made my mind up to purchase a pin, I don't want to play it or even know anything about it before it arrives. Got a Dialed In CE ordered and won't watch any videos and wouldn't look at it or play it at TPF. Want the full newness and excitement of the game (at the risk of some disappointment due to ignorance of course) when the game arrives at the house. Is anyone else like this?

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Ok, so I have to ask. I've got this thing where once I've made my mind up to purchase a pin, I don't want to play it or even know anything about it before it arrives. Got a Dialed In CE ordered and won't watch any videos and wouldn't look at it or play it at TPF. Want the full newness and excitement of the game (at the risk of some disappointment due to ignorance of course) when the game arrives at the house. Is anyone else like this?

While I haven't done this, I've considered it. I've also considered avoiding any Pinside threads regarding the game. As much as I love to read about all the news, peoples opinions inevitably affect my idea of a game. Good or bad.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Never played or seen in person when I have bought WOZLE, Hobbit Smaug, and now Dialed In CE...but did watch videos to help the wait...more of a gamble yes, but my excitement when it arrives and I see it for the first time in person...pure pleasure
Ps. The stream last night was awesomeness!! More pumped now lol!

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

A little different here in that I've never bought a game before playing it, typically hundreds of times. I find that every machine tends to play different enough that when I get one its still super fun, plus you get to really dive deep into the game.

However I did recently buy AS (after having played it a few times over the last few months). As I have not yet taken delivery of mine, I did find myself trying to avoid the AS machines at PAGG.

It would be pretty surreal I think to open up the game box and have it be a total surprise. I think JJP is the only one I would do that with and not worry about being dissapointed. Not that brave though, every pin-dollar is precious for me.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

While he's standing there, I wish he'd explain the rationale behind putting the headphone jack down on the bottom left corner of the cab.

Not in the way of the bill acceptor.

Remember, these are COMMERCIAL MACHINES meant to be operated and TAKE IN MONEY. It's easy to forget when a lot of them end up in basements.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems such small minded thinking to turn down business by not accepting credit cards, because of a 2 or 3 point hit. 3% of $8k is $240. They'd rather just not sell the game?

So it seems. I've spoken with three distributors thus far. One didn't take credit cards at all, one wanted to charge the 3%; the other wanted to change the price that we were discussing earlier in the call and not do the free shipping when I wanted to pay via credit card.

I normally wouldn't quibble so much on credit card usage and just pay via check, but this is actually a $500 swing with a special card program I have (which is referenced above). I've gotten some other referrals for distros (thanks my Pinside friends!) I'm going to follow up on after Memorial Day.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

If you haven't watched the Buffalo Pinball video check it out...
The lightshow got a serious boost with 1.0.

How about the animations that is what needed the biggest boost in the game; everything else in the game is great

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've gotten some other referrals for distros (thanks my Pinside friends!) I'm going to follow up on after Memorial Day.

I understand pinball is oldschool, and some business practices are just how things have been done forever, and they haven't exactly been keeping up with the times, but the customer base IS different now (private collectors and not ops) so I'd be all over trying to provide the best service to this new market.

Where I get my games in Canada takes credit cards, nothing more said about it. Hopefully you can find someone who wants your business.

#313 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that ordering via JJP direct via credit card did not cost extra when I bought TH. I may order via distributors from now on for support but ... I had no issues with my TH to make a difference with distributor vs. direct. I get the "support you local distributor" bit, and hope to in the future.

#314 6 years ago

Finally got some good time on one of these today, great gameplay but the theme kills it, music sfx emoji's and selfies etc. after a few good long games I don't really want to play it again, Aerosmith on the other hand was pure pinball magic. Still I'm happy for those who actually dig the theme it is a nice machine just not for me.

#315 6 years ago

Opinions and all, but I can't think of many themes more off putting than Aerosmith, but I'm still happy to play it. I don't understand the whole mindset that theme is so important for people. I don't even like AC/DC as a band, but I don't ever plan on selling my AC/DC pinball machine.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Opinions and all, but I can't think of many themes more off putting than Aerosmith, but I'm still happy to play it. I don't understand the whole mindset that theme is so important for people.

Its quite important but I'm not an Aerosmith guy so I won't be buying either of them, I did prefer the gameplay of Aerosmith.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is helpful for this purchase but you have to find a distributor that doesn't want to charge you extra for using your card and still give you the street price or whatever shipping deal he would normally cut.
What I'm finding is if a distro will accept your credit card so you get the rewards they either want to charge you 2-3% or they want to raise the price or not give you free shipping if you worked that out prior to discussing payment method.
With a game as pricy as DI, getting your full credit card rewards without a penalty is a niceness perk to reduce cost.

Is the credit card fee true for direct sales as well?

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Dialed-In/Dialed-In-Limited-Edition-Pinball-Machine_2.html

#318 6 years ago

When I bought direct for my WOZ there was no fee for CC. Helped offset the shipping cost for me.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How about the animations that is what needed the biggest boost in the game; everything else in the game is great

If you don't like the animations as they are, I think this pin might not be for you. They are purposely going for the Sim City/goofy look. I personally love it, but if you are expecting something different, I don't think any small tweaks they will make will satisfy you.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

There wasn't a huge increase I noticed, more polished though, and it displays the panels from the comic in attract mode (think that's new)

#321 6 years ago

My only complaint was the position of the camera. It should be in top. Maybe that can be modded. Nothing like getting double chins from the upward angle.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

My only complaint was the position of the camera. It should be in top. Maybe that can be modded. Nothing like getting double chins from the upward angle.

I agree... the camera made me look 10 pounds heavier (maybe more). I still think the camera should take a picture of you if you tilt the machine, then the operator can view an audit report with a picture of all the people who are rough with their game.

#323 6 years ago

image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPG

image4 (resized).JPGimage4 (resized).JPG

image5 (resized).JPGimage5 (resized).JPG

#324 6 years ago

Official trailer released:

Having that at Expo reveal would have sent the crowd into a frenzy I suspect.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Official trailer released:
» YouTube video

HOLY HELL YES. Play that video, and then Jack pulls the curtain on the 5 machines and say "Come on up folks!"

BOOM.

Save all the tech talk and stuff for the next night's talk.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't know what the distributor markup is on these. But from the past stories I've heard when talking to people (about Sterns mostly) my understanding is it's generally a lot smaller than you'd think. $240 might eat up a serious chunk of their profit, and ability to be in business.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know what the distributor markup is on these. But from the past stories I've heard when talking to people (about Sterns mostly) my understanding is it's generally a lot smaller than you'd think. $240 might eat up a serious chunk of their profit, and ability to be in business.

I've heard this but i'd still spend $1 to make $2 all day long. I still think it's small thinking to think that the CC charges come out of your pocket and you can't build a business and create value for customers. But I digress.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've heard this but i'd still spend $1 to make $2 all day long. I still think it's small thinking to think that the CC charges come out of your pocket and you can't build a business and create value for customers. But I digress.

So damn glad I have Aurich on mute. I can only imagine what garbage he's spewing in this thread.

#329 6 years ago

If the street price was like original WOZ ($6,500), I would already be in line to buy one.

At $8K for the standard version, I'm going to wait and see the price on the secondary HUO market.

I'm hoping one of our local pinball places, Nickelrama or maybe even Cidercade, gets one so I can put up some time on the game.

With AFMr LE, Captain Nemo (supposedly) and a possible Star Wars game coming out this year, my pinball buying power is going to be tested.

And Dialed In, while super cool, is not on the list to buy this year.

Marcus

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

On Pinside I just assume it will lead to 100 more jean posts

#331 6 years ago

But there they want $9,000, so while they don't charge you the credit card fee you aren't getting the street price either. In my personal ideal world, I want the best street price and to be allowed to get cash back from my credit card without the fee...

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey there Cserold, I am doing the same thing. I'm in on the CE and decided not to play it at TPF. Want mine to be the first one I play for the same reasons. Can't wait but told CE's wont be shipping for a while.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If the street price was like original WOZ ($6,500), I would already be in line to buy one.
At $8K for the standard version, I'm going to wait and see the price on the secondary HUO market.
I'm hoping one of our local pinball places, Nickelrama or maybe even Cidercade, gets one so I can put up some time on the game.
With AFMr LE, Captain Nemo (supposedly) and a possible Star Wars game coming out this year, my pinball buying power is going to be tested.
And Dialed In, while super cool, is not on the list to buy this year.
Marcus

Who is being rumored to make Captain Nemo?

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Who is being rumored to make Captain Nemo?

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nemo/

LTG : )

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

But there they want $9,000, so while they don't charge you the credit card fee you aren't getting the street price either. In my personal ideal world, I want the best street price and to be allowed to get cash back from my credit card without the fee...

What is the street price for Dialed In LE, $8700? I did not know there was anything other than the retail price for new JJP titles with the exception of a couple guys that sell with less advertising (don't want to name names). I know Hobbit and WOZ are now offered for discounts but they are not new titles anymore.

I really don't see the point in pre-ordering when there are guys that get NIB games by the van load and then will bring them or ship them to your house a little cheaper and you then pay when the game is tangible.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not in the way of the bill acceptor.
Remember, these are COMMERCIAL MACHINES meant to be operated and TAKE IN MONEY. It's easy to forget when a lot of them end up in basements.

WoZ headphone jack in the coin door is nowhere near the bill acceptor. We have had bill acceptors on Hobbit and WoZ and the headphone jack was never in the way. It's on the OPPOSITE side of the coin door in a very convenient spot. The new Dialed In one is not in a convenient location. Makes no sense to have moved it.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The new Dialed In one is not in a convenient location. Makes no sense to have moved it.

Must have been a reason for it?

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Must have been a reason for it?

If there is, Jack didn't know what it was beyond "That's where Pat wants it." which is what he said when I asked.

#339 6 years ago

Perhaps the headphone jack was moved, so they could use standard European Style coin Doors for the European market.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perhaps the headphone jack was moved, so they could use standard European Style coin Doors for the European market.

Maybe, but that seems like a stretch. If anyone gets pat at a show, ask him!

#341 6 years ago

I'm lucky enough to have nearly unlimited access to one of the prototypes, so I've played a lot of games on it, I would love to get one, but the exchange rate just makes it too high, it would be closing in on $14K CDN all said and done for LE!!

This is a great game, has that classic 90's pinball feel to it, but loaded with things to appeal to a 2017 world. The more you play it, the more you will understand how it all goes together. Most were disappointed when the title was announced, not a really sexy name or a theme that immediately grabbed you, but there is a ton of meat on the bone here, and I'm confident that the fun of playing it will make most more than satisfied.

Making a non-licensed theme in an era where everything seems to be licensed is a brave step, and I think JJP and Pat Lawlor have really pulled off something special, I just hope the Canadian loonie rallies in the near future so I can be part of it.

#342 6 years ago

Ryan Adams in Australia with Dialled In Backstage

DAvm4A2UQAAcTTQ (resized).jpgDAvm4A2UQAAcTTQ (resized).jpg

DAvm4A-VYAE-ylC (resized).jpgDAvm4A-VYAE-ylC (resized).jpg

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Ryan Adams in Australia with Dialled In Backstage

That's awesome. The selfie mode with DI is going to be a monster huge hit with guests and children. It'll be something they remember from their playing expierence when they come over.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The selfie mode with DI is going to be a monster huge hit with guests and children. It'll be something they remember from their playing expierence when they come over.

Yeah I thought it was dumb when I first heard about it but its such a novelty that people really enjoy. The game is full of "fun" stuff.

I can't wait for it to show up in my collection. I think it's going to dominate my lineup, which is saying something.

#345 6 years ago

I'm just going to say for the umpteenth time I cannot believe what a 180 I've pulled on this title.

I met Jack in September at the Vancouver show, a few weeks before expo. There was no news about Dialed In then, but we were all looking forward to the reveal and I was ready to make my first JJP purchase.

Then I watched the Expo stream and I was so gutted. It just seemed like it couldn't have gone worse, for me personally. Before the reveal, I was ready to call my distributor immediately to order, then I got angry about how much I felt they blew it.

Then as the months passed, things started to change online... people started to play it. The feedback started to build, I watched some newer videos and began to get impressed with what I saw. I also began to understand the game more. It was not "a game about a cell phone".

I told my distributor I wanted to play it first. I got an email from them that they were trying to arrange a prototype, then it came in and they told me it was there so I went down right away with my wife. After our first game we were sold.

Now I literally CANNOT WAIT for this game to show up. I want to see it in my arcade, I want others to play it and get blown away.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If there is, Jack didn't know what it was beyond "That's where Pat wants it." which is what he said when I asked.

I asked and it was so they could use a standard (cheap) coin door instead of the custom (expensive) one.

So I was wrong! My apologies.

#347 6 years ago

selfies, wow.

#348 6 years ago

Wow yeah ick, a common thing that people do being utilized for a silly purpose on a fun game, gross!

#349 6 years ago

Hey all. I don't want to talk about "Street" prices in the open. Can someone PM some distributors with quoted pricing and possibly offering shipping. I can't believe I am trying to make this happen but the game was just THAT great.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I asked and it was so they could use a standard (cheap) coin door instead of the custom (expensive) one.
So I was wrong! My apologies.

Am I wrong thinking that it's about time for Bluetooth headphones. The game can flip with a phone. Why. It be able to connect some wireless headphones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/7?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.