5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey now, what's wrong with therapy pets?

Please move the dog so we can see the therapy pet standing there.

LTG : )

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If its the woman in the background....absolutely nothing! Was there a dog in the picture?

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Yeah, there's no need for that word in any conversation.

Straight from Google:
retarded:
informal offensive
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

Get you panties out of your ass. Frankly, there's no need for thought police like you in any conversation.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Get you panties out of your ass. Frankly, there's no need for thought police like you in any conversation.

Or, you know, you could just be decent.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Straight from Google:
retarded:
informal offensive
very foolish or stupid.

My sister in law is mentally disabled and has spent a lifetime of being berated and called words like that. When you use those words as casual insults, you degrade people like her. It's cruel and unnecessary.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please move the dog so we can see the therapy pet standing there.

I never noticed there was a dog in the picture

#207 6 years ago

I played this at the local pinball expo and I have to say I was quite impressed. Animations and sounds were great - nice game play and rules. Overall great package. I'm still not sold on the name "Dialed in" but I think it would be a great machine to have!

#208 6 years ago

Got to play this at VFW on Friday and Saturday. Called my distributor on Monday, placed an order and put down a deposit. Very fun pin!!

#209 6 years ago

I will get my first play at PAGG! Did you know PAGG is only 10 days away? Hope to see you there!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Straight from Google:
retarded:
informal offensive
very foolish or stupid.

Why would giving us the definition (and one that includes the description "offensive" ) make it ok to say? Quit fighting for your right to be crass and stick to pinball.

#211 6 years ago

Does anyone know how many machines are being tested in the wild? I will be in San Fran in a few months so I hope to try it out at FGW, but am hoping someone in the Portland area can get one in . . .

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Does anyone know how many machines are being tested in the wild?

I believe the main one is in Chicago. Others have popped up at shows or distributors, but not for long.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Does anyone know how many machines are being tested in the wild? I will be in San Fran in a few months so I hope to try it out at FGW, but am hoping someone in the Portland area can get one in . . .

The demo unit that was at FGW has already moved on (I think to Seattle)... but somone posted in another thread that the Dialed In assembly line is setup and has production games on it (no word if any have come off the line yet)...

So, if its a few months from now I suspect FGW may by then have a production unit.

#214 6 years ago

Played a few DI games at the Allentown PA Pinfest last Saturday. Wasn't totally blown away but admit it was fun with good flow. Hard to totally judge it with such limited game time. I did manage a couple multi-ball's in one game. I imagine given more time with it it would grow on me. Nice pin bad name. Not sure yet if I will take the DI plunge but one thing I do know...no more pre-orders! Waited total of six years between my first pre-order 2011 date of my WOZECLE and delivery 2016 of my pre-ordered HOBBIT LE.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The demo unit that was at FGW has already moved on (I think to Seattle)... but somone posted in another thread that the Dialed In assembly line is setup and has production games on it (no word if any have come off the line yet)...
So, if its a few months from now I suspect FGW may by then have a production unit.

The Dialed In! from FGW came to the Seattle Pinball Museum for 3 weeks then went to the Yegpin Show in Edmondton Canada. I think it's now back in BC with Nitro Pinball until the PNW show in Early June. Game plays great, everyone who plays it says the same thing. "It's really fun! "

#216 6 years ago

Tonight a Live on the Dialed in made by "THX" in France, good players will test the pinball and comment the rules , From 9 pm French time
https://www.twitch.tv/soireeflip

#217 6 years ago

still going on and playing...

#218 6 years ago

Wait a minute.... They are all speaking in French!!!!

#219 6 years ago

Ce jeu a l'air génial

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Ce jeu a l'air génial

oui, je trouve aussi

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Wait a minute.... They are all speaking in French!!!!

juste un peu

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

When I talked to Eric Meunier from JJP at TPF I believe he said there are 17 prototypes.

#222 6 years ago

Quoted from Zavadoza:

When I talked to Eric Meunier from JJP at TPF I believe he said there are 17 prototypes.

Yea, but isn't he always full of shit?

#223 6 years ago

Do people think JJP will even sell 500 of this game? After what happened with Hobbit prices, I am very cautious about pulling the trigger on this game.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Do people think JJP will even sell 500 of this game? After what happened with Hobbit prices, I am very cautious about pulling the trigger on this game.

Wait and buy when it goes on sale like TH in secondary market

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait and buy when it goes on sale like TH in secondary market

Wait till it goes on sale like AC/DC in secondary market.

#226 6 years ago

Why, are you a scalper? Buy the game if you think it's fun and want to play it.

#227 6 years ago

Initially, I thought this title would flop. After reading all the reviews from people who have played the game and watching the online videos, I am stoked to try it out.
I expect that it will be a huge hit. Maybe not right out of the gate, but shortly thereafter as people get a chance to play it.

-Not a fan of WoZ or Hobbit

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why, are you a scalper? Buy the game if you think it's fun and want to play it.

I like to think I make smart investments? Do you like to burn money? Thanks for the advice.......

#229 6 years ago

I like to think I make smart investments? Do you like to burn money? Thanks for the advice.......

I, and many others, don't view pinball machines as an investment. I'm absolutely getting a DI!, though I haven't ordered yet. I'm waiting for a distro to have one in stock I can buy and have it shipped out the same day. I. Sticking to my no preorder statements from last year.

#230 6 years ago

Seriously. When you buy a game, is your plan to sell it immediately? If you're buying a NEW game, you're buying to play, not to invest. No one knows what new games are going to be worth in the future...a game needs to earn its reputation as a good game first & it has to be out of production in order for it to gain in value. Dialed In, being unlicensed, could be in production "forever". If you want it cheaper, just wait for a used one. If you want it now, just buy it new and enjoy. Pinball holds its value relatively well. If you "lose" a few bucks when you sell it, that's hardly "burning money" if you enjoyed it while you had it.

Hobbit pre-orderers got their games for $7500. I bought my Smaug from a friend for $7500. He got out losing nothing, and I got a great game I love and don't plan on selling for quite some time.

#231 6 years ago

I love how the word "Investment" has become such a "evil" term on Pinside. Thanks for the input guys, I will stick with my gut and hold off for a while on this one. The difficult part about these expensive games are you cannot always get enough time on them to make a good decision on whether the game is for you or not............Hence why people start to shift to a more "Investment" thought process. It eliminates risk, so that if they don't like it, they can dump it. If I could walk down the street to a friends house or arcade and play these games, I would not be concerned one bit, because as you state, you would have the game a while and get use out of it. Hmmmm.....Imagine that my thought was more complex than thinking Pinball machines were like my Apple stock?

#232 6 years ago

I love how the word "Investment" has become such a "evil" term on Pinside. Thanks for the input guys, I will stick with my gut and hold off for a while on this one. The difficult part about these expensive games are you cannot always get enough time on them to make a good decision on whether the game is for you or not............Hence why people start to shift to a more "Investment" thought process. It eliminates risk, so that if they don't like it, they can dump it. If I could walk down the street to a friends house or arcade and play these games, I would not be concerned one bit, because as you state, you would have the game a while and get use out of it. Hmmmm.....Imagine that my thought was more complex than thinking Pinball machines were like my Apple stock?

That makes sense. Some people think of "pinvestment" as though every game they buy should hold/rise in value within the first few months of release. That's just not realistic. Waiting until you can play it is the smart move these days.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No straight man paid any attention to the dog in that picture. And most of us know you only posted it to show off the hotness of your lady. Nice work.

#234 6 years ago

I think Hobbit was praised for the theme but people were lukewarm about the layout and how it played, hoping code would make it come alive.
DI is being bashed for the theme but the people who actually play the game seem to be loving it. I was thinking easy pass until I played it and then I ordered one.
Waiting for used one is never a bad idea but you may be waiting a while in this case.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I, and many others, don't view pinball machines as an investment. I'm absolutely getting a DI!, though I haven't ordered yet. I'm waiting for a distro to have one in stock I can buy and have it shipped out the same day. I. Sticking to my no preorder statements from last year.

Yup! Good way of looking at it. It would suck to lose $1k on a NIB pin but if it does it's still nothing compared to the depreciation on nearly all brand new vehicles. Plus with pinball there's no registration fees, gas, or insurance, lol.

#236 6 years ago

I'm hopefully not waiting - WOZ is my grail pin, I passed on hobbit but might grab one if the code becomes awesome, and I get to try out DIaled In a few weeks from now at RMPS. If I like it at all I'm putting down a deposit on the spot - I've made plenty on stocks so this is considered an investment in JJP.

#237 6 years ago

I don't know if I would consider any new game an "investment" these days, however when you consider resale value I would still consider them hands down the most fun for the buck that's out there.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

No straight man paid any attention to the dog in that picture. And most of us know you only posted it to show off the hotness of your lady. Nice work.

^^^

#239 6 years ago

Dialed In! will return to the SPM on May 26 and remain until the PNW show on June 9,10 and 11, 2017! And it will be on free play.

#240 6 years ago

We got to have some alone time with Dialed In during the early morning hours at the Edmonton YEGPIN 2017 Pinball & Arcade Expo last weekend, and threw together a little video if you are interested. Special thanks to Tommy at Nitro Pinball and the folks at YEGPIN for helping us out with this video! Enjoy!

#241 6 years ago

Thanks for the video. I love all the details on the LCD, you can see them really clearly in this video. Just read on Facebook that there is new code for the game out today.

#242 6 years ago

Man what a awesome pin.....

#243 6 years ago

Not a big deal either way. I totally see how some collectors buy, sell or flip with positive return or no loss as a goal. That's not my game. I'm okay taking a 10-20% loss depending on how much enjoyment I get from the item. Often, I'll look at the dollar amount of the loss over the time period I own the item and decide if it's worth that much for the amount of fun I had. If I turn out with a positive return, that's a bonus.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Thanks for the video. I love all the details on the LCD, you can see them really clearly in this video. Just read on Facebook that there is new code for the game out today.

glad you liked it.

Sorry about my extremely raspy voice, it had been a long weekend of shouting over the sound of a hundred games.

#245 6 years ago

Played Dialed In last weekend and it is a fantastic pin - solidly built, shots are smooth as butter, great gameplay and flow - a fun pin for sure. But theme is spectacularly poor and disjointed IMO - had no idea how everything tied together while playing it. Man holding lightning bolts cell phone nuclear reactor charging cellphone city earthquake smiley face, photograph alien flipper app volcano...

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

We got to have some alone time with Dialed In during the early morning hours at the Edmonton YEGPIN 2017 Pinball & Arcade Expo last weekend, and threw together a little video if you are interested. Special thanks to Tommy at Nitro Pinball and the folks at YEGPIN for helping us out with this video! Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Great video!

I've got to admit, this game is really starting to appeal to me. Ill get some play time in at the NW Pinball show.

#248 6 years ago

Here's a shot of the instructions card for Dialed In. This is the game that is currently at the Silverball Museum in NJ.

IMG_0218 (resized).JPGIMG_0218 (resized).JPG

#249 6 years ago

Pinball machines are investments. End of story. You can argue if they are good or bad investments. But they are large value items that are known to hold their value very well or even increase with time. As with stocks, you need to avoid over paying and some games will do much better than others. It proves to have some wisdom in your buying choices.

They are not traditional investments...but more of an alternative one such as art, classic cars, etc.

Personally my small pinball investments have done better than my more traditional.

http://gameroomblog.com/guides/how-i-beat-the-stock-market-by-playing-pinball

#250 6 years ago

Playfields going into cabinets:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/5?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.