5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.
#1501 6 years ago

Shouldn't this thread be combined with the official one? Not sure of the diff.

#1502 6 years ago

This rhing weights a ton. Took 3 guys to bring it down the stairs and we probably wpuld have needed a 4th. But the damn thing is up and running and its unbelievable. Ready for the haloween party just need to change pitxh and a few settings and we will be ready to go

20171027_224447 (resized).jpg20171027_224447 (resized).jpg

20171027_223425 (resized).jpg20171027_223425 (resized).jpg

#1503 6 years ago

Hey LTG: Do you happen to know the thickness of the Mylar protectors on the playfield? My theater magnet was adjusted a bit lower than the playfield and the Mylar ripped. I got a new set from JJP but I installed the magnet one before I noticed/adjusted the magnet to be flush and the mylar started to tear during the first game. Also, adjusting the magnet to be flush greatly helped the magnet “throwback” action into the pins. It’s much more consistent now.

#1504 6 years ago

I unboxed my game yesterday and I love everything about it except the most important thing my left and right flippers are weak. Surprisingly the flipper most people are having trouble with the upper right flipper works great. I have the flipper strength set to 25 on all of the flippers.
What are all the things I should do to trouble shoot this thanks in advance.

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What are all the things I should do to trouble shoot this thanks in advance.

DI flippers - should be strong. I'd start with the basics. Plungers move freely ? Coil stops on tight ? A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper so the pawl below the playfield isn't binding on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, too much play and the plunger doesn't move in a straight line.

Then I'd follow wiring. From flipper to backbox. Any connector along the way, reseat and push in tight.

LTG : )

#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

on a ripper shot to the right "ramp"/orbit, I've had my ball either go all the way around to left orbit or go up mid way and then hit metal and stop - drop into bumpers. I've also had it do what it's expected to do and hit right ramp. On a normal speed or slow it always hits right ramp.
Have you guys seen this on yours and is there anyway to ensure it hits right ramp all the time? just curious. If you haven't I prob need to adjust leveling - maybe raise right up. Plunge shot always hits right ramp and down no matter how hard I do it.

My right ramp is doing the same thing does anybuddy figured out a fix for this yet? I read that some buddy put velco on the ramp to slow the ball down any other suggestions thanks in advance.

#1507 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

My right ramp is doing the same thing does anybuddy figured out a fix for this yet? I read that some buddy put velco on the ramp to slow the ball down any other suggestions thanks in advance.

I took my super bands off and put the stock rubbers on and I added the felt along the rail guard right before the ramp flap know it shoots perfectly. Those super bands were the main reason it was bricking on that right ramp. Also I am on 7.2 degrees so that did not help either but it is working great now at 7.2.

Make sure you bend the Betty diverter to the left so the ball has a chance to bounce back into the the skill shot scoop to help with your lock shots. When you have Betty Dialed In ha ha the upper playfeild is like and old school bingo pinball machine built into dialed in a whole game within a game trying to get the ball to drop through the hole into the pops or nudging it into the skill shot scoop to help with your lock shots.

#1508 6 years ago

alternate link for new code download? JJP website is super slow, I will be lucky to get it overnight.

2 weeks later
#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The Velcro doesn't really slow it down as much as deflect it a bit. I'm pretty sure the rejects are caused by a fast ball rising and hitting the back edge of the cutout for the left loop. I think the Velcro just stops it rising or it forces it out a bit so it doesn't hit that top left edge. But it may also slow it therefore it doesn't have enough speed to rise up and hit the edge. I've never noticed any slowdown.

In any case, it's a really easy thing to "install". Try it out. If it works it works. I'm curious to see if it does, because on my game it's all but eliminated the problem.

4 weeks later
#1510 6 years ago

Anyone had sound issues. I'm only getting sound out of the subwoofer. Need advise before I place a service call to JJP.

#1511 6 years ago

What to try is go into the backbox and remove the gray cover so you can access the sound board. Unplug the male plug leading into the pink jack, then plug it back in. See if that brings the top speakers back.

#1512 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What to try is go into the backbox and remove the gray cover so you can access the sound board. Unplug the male plug leading into the pink jack, then plug it back in. See if that brings the top speakers back.

Thanks. I will give it a try asap.

#1513 6 years ago

Anyone have a pic of how the filter to the sound board goes?

#1514 6 years ago

Ground loop isolator goes between motherboard and sound board. Unplug male cable from pink jack, plug into filter, plug the male cable from filter into pink jack.

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Ground loop isolator goes between motherboard and sound board. Unplug male cable from pink jack, plug into filter, plug the male cable from filter into pink jack.

Thank you. I just got off the phone with JJP. I need a new sound board.

#1516 6 years ago

Played DI for the first time. Great game, great flow and so much to do. This particular pin has a bit over 8000 plays(On route) and looks and plays great. Very innovative with the Bluetooth integration and EMP mode is cool as hell. I didnt even scratch the surface of the rules and modes. Game is solid as hell an wiring is clean and components are easily accessible. Obviously it's a winner and JJP is just getting started...

1 week later
#1517 6 years ago

Just received LE #831!

The playfield is super tight when sliding it back into place. The first time I slid it back I ended up chopping off the shooter rubber. I can get it back into place but it takes some persuading.

Anyone else experience this?

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just received LE #831!
The playfield is super tight when sliding it back into place. The first time I slid it back I ended up chopping off the shooter rubber. I can get it back into place but it takes some persuading.
Anyone else experience this?

Yes. Mine is very tight as well, but seems to have loosened a bit after raising the PF ~12 times.

snaroff

#1519 6 years ago

Mine had a decent sized foam block behind the backboard which made the playfield really hard to get back into position. Does yours have this? It's a bit hard to see unless you look down for it while the playfield is on the service rails. I took it off and it made things a lot easier.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Mine had a decent sized foam block behind the backboard which made the playfield really hard to get back into position. Does yours have this? It's a bit hard to see unless you look down for it while the playfield is on the service rails. I took it off and it made things a lot easier.

Pretty sure you are supposed to remove that, it's just for shipping.

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Pretty sure you are supposed to remove that, it's just for shipping.

Correct..

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Mine had a decent sized foam block behind the backboard which made the playfield really hard to get back into position. Does yours have this?

Just found it last night. I found the black chunks of foam on the top of the backboard but missed this one.

Also there was a glob of grease in bob's trap door which kept getting circulated around the playfield. That was fun to find.

#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Also there was a glob of grease in bob's trap door which kept getting circulated around the playfield. That was fun to find.

I know another owner who had that too.

#1524 6 years ago

Quick question, the wire form that feeds the left inlanes keeps dropping the ball onto the plastics and sometime right out. I tried raising and lowering with no luck. Is this a known issue, bad ramp?

283BF201-9D1F-4613-8545-39D30B0BACDC (resized).jpeg283BF201-9D1F-4613-8545-39D30B0BACDC (resized).jpeg

#1525 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Quick question, the wire form that feeds the left inlanes keeps dropping the ball onto the plastics and sometime right out. I tried raising and lowering with no luck. Is this a known issue, bad ramp?

Known issue, JJP are fitting a plastic over the end now . Mine rarely does it, you could try lowering flipper power as it only seems to happen on a really fast ball, at least on mine.

#1526 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Mine has the same problem and attempts to adjust this seem to only have made the issue worse. I tried adding a small piece of foam at the elbow thinking it would slow the ball and reduce ejection. Turned out that was a bad idea as it resulted in 100% ball ejection. I am now wondering if perhaps a slight twisting, clockwise, at the elbow might have a banking effect that would resolve this issue.

Alternately I am sure someone can make a ball keep like the LOTR fix for the habitrail that feeds the left inlane. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-habitrail-mod

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Not sure if it would slow the ball enough, but you could try cutting a black post rubber and putting it on the cross-supports on the habitrail to slow the ball down. It worked on GoT, but the ramp was much steeper. My only concern here is it might stop a slow ball.

Also, you should get some cliffy rollover protectors on the left and right inlanes. The ramps are dropping the balls right on the switches and it will chew them up over time.

#1528 6 years ago

Hi!

I have the Bob Trap door issue, game is reporting it defective.
I noticed this video stating that the metal piece to the small coil should be bended:
http://funwithbonus.com/dialed-in-day-trap-door-issue/
With which tool should I bend it and how much? Apparently not that much based on the video... How much have you bended the metal piece?

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

With which tool should I bend it and how much?

Small pliers. Bend a little. Do again if need be.

LTG : )

#1530 6 years ago

Spent my last hour of pin session in front of Dialed In LE.

Something was off in the shooter rod. Could not easily plunge all the way through to the flipper. Helped me notice how the ball likes to go SDTM from the jets. Thank God for ball saver. The right ramp wireform can both lose a ball that's supposed to stay on it, or catch a ball that bounces off the playing field. Seems that happens sometimes when you hit the Quantum power guy hard and flush. It bails you out because that could have just as easily spun toward the outlane.

This is a heavy one for sure. She doesn't like to move. Now I was pretty tired by the time I got to this, nudging and shimmying probably 20 other pins before it, but Dialed In is not like the Stern SW I was slinging around like a toy compared to this beast. You can think what you will of the theme or anything else, but in term of build quality it seems like you're getting what you pay for. The flipper buttons feel like the classics. I have not played any other JJP but this machine seems to say that the best is yet to come from them.

I've read about playfield warping but I don't know if that is indicative of anything but the sheer amount of stuff underneath the glass. Almost like TZ, just with a less cramped lower PF. Just as heavy for sure. It's amazing a pin like this could get made in 2017.

0106180114 (resized).jpg0106180114 (resized).jpg

#1531 6 years ago

Playfield warping? I saw the bit about the playfield sagging, due to weakening of the metal supports at the front, but I'd be pretty surprised if PFs were warping.

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Playfield warping? I saw the bit about the playfield sagging, due to weakening of the metal supports at the front, but I'd be pretty surprised if PFs were warping.

I misspoke, typed whatever.

Kind of a major distinction actually. Never mind me, it was late and after a long flip session.

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Spent my last hour of pin session in front of Dialed In LE.
Something was off in the shooter rod. Could not easily plunge all the way through to the flipper. Helped me notice how the ball likes to go SDTM from the jets. Thank God for ball saver.

Likely the supports for the PF have bent/sagged just enough to lower the playfield and cause the auto launcher to drag on the shooter rod, killing its momentum. If you pull and release the rod with no ball in the lane, you can see the auto launcher move when the rod nicks it, which should not happen. Shimming the two metal PF support hooks is the only way I've found to address this. Hobbit had/has the same problem. Never had it with WoZ.

It's being discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/permanently-correcting-pf-sag-on-dialed-in

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely the supports for the PF have bent/sagged just enough to lower the playfield and cause the auto launcher to drag on the shooter rod, killing its momentum. If you pull and release the rod with no ball in the lane, you can see the auto launcher move when the rod nicks it, which should not happen. Shimming the two metal PF support hooks is the only way I've found to address this. Hobbit had/has the same problem. Never had it with WoZ.
It's being discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/permanently-correcting-pf-sag-on-dialed-in

Definitely sounds like it. I could feel as it was coming into contact with something as I pulled it all the way back. It was not doing this last week when I first played.

This made me hit the skillshot often, but full plunging to the right flipper is the safe move. Sort of like TZ, though the jets on DI aren't so close to the outlane.

#1535 6 years ago

On the shooter rod issue. My DICE had the same issue. It was simply a bit loose and had been nudged towards one side.

Loosen, recenter and tighten and it should be fine.

Hope that helps

#1536 6 years ago

My DILE has a thud sound coming from the backbox about every 5 seconds. If you put a hand on the metal box covering the electronics you can feel it. Is this normal?

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

My DILE has a thud sound coming from the backbox about every 5 seconds. If you put a hand on the metal box covering the electronics you can feel it. Is this normal?

Definitely not......

#1538 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Definitely not......

Investigated.. wires were hanging down into the CPU fan. It was continuously getting stuck, pausing, and trying again. Luckily I haven't left the game on for long yet.

#1539 6 years ago

I am so addicted to this game.
Running the latest code i have noticed what I think are a couple of bugs, anybody else experiencing the same issues?
I have SIM card lit, shoot the hole but SIM card not awarded. It seems to happen when there is a BOB mode going. I don't recall which one at this point but it is frustrating to make the SIM card shot and not get it awarded. Subsequent shots to the SIM hole do award the SIM card.

Sometimes I start the first 2 all multiball after locking the first ball via the left loop, so not waiting in the transit station, but a second ball is never served up. I play the entire multiball with a single ball. Even when shooting the phone x3 and getting awarded and add a ball in the multiball, the add a ball doesn't get served up either. Multiball doesn't end until the single ball in play drains.

Lastly the phone goes out and/or has bad colors. Sometimes it resets itself to right colors but seems to have the wrong resolution so a part of the picture is cut off. Also there are times when a mode starts or during the mode when a face appears with accompanying words but the face is not animated. Just a still picture.

One final issue also noted by another pinsider is the ball rockets off the left ramp habitrail instead of dropping into the inlane. Attempts to correct this issue have met with failure. It seems that much like the Hobbit the wire used is too slender to keep the ball from hitting the support wire which seems to launch the ball out of the habitrail and worst case into the drain.

Did I mention how much I love this game. Absolutely amazing!

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I have SIM card lit, shoot the hole but SIM card not awarded. It seems to happen when there is a BOB mode going. I don't recall which one at this point but it is frustrating to make the SIM card shot and not get it awarded. Subsequent shots to the SIM hole do award the SIM card.

Same problem for me sometimes

#1541 6 years ago

I haven’t seen those particular issues on mine after about 50 plays on the new code.
I have noticed however that when the Bob light for “Extra Ball” is lit and I make the shot, it usually awards me something else. Is this by design? Do the “bob” modes move because of switch hits or flips? I haven’t paid enough attention to notice yet. I do get awarded extra balls sometimes when making the Bob shot, but I haven’t noticed what was lit when making the shot those times.

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I haven’t seen those particular issues on mine after about 50 plays on the new code.
I have noticed however that when the Bob light for “Extra Ball” is lit and I make the shot, it usually awards me something else. Is this by design? Do the “bob” modes move because of switch hits or flips? I haven’t paid enough attention to notice yet. I do get awarded extra balls sometimes when making the Bob shot, but I haven’t noticed what was lit when making the shot those times.

Your lights are swithed around.... known issue on di....super easy fix

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It seems to happen when there is a BOB mode going. I don't recall which one at this point but it is frustrating to make the SIM card shot and not get it awarded. Subsequent shots to the SIM hole do award the SIM card.

Manufacturing defect on earlier machines that causes a SIM card shot to roll over to the BOB opto, making the game think you scored a BOB shot. Under the game you will see where the SIM drop meets up with the BOB subway. Fit a shim (anything will do but TAF vault shims work great) in so that the SIM drop is clearly lower than the subway where they meet. On incorrect games, they are at the same level.

Quoted from crwjumper:

I have noticed however that when the Bob light for “Extra Ball” is lit and I make the shot, it usually awards me something else. Is this by design?

Mistake in assembly where they wired [usually two] lights to the wrong spots on the BOB sign (issue on a many of these games). Easy fix...The Extra ball light will be orange, multiball red, and Crazy mode blue. So when they are lit during game play you can simply pull the wrong ones out and stick them in the correct spot.

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Manufacturing defect on earlier machines that causes a SIM card shot to roll over to the BOB opto, making the game think you scored a BOB shot. Under the game you will see where the SIM drop meets up with the BOB subway. Fit a shim (anything will do but TAF vault shims work great) in so that the SIM drop is clearly lower than the subway where they meet. On incorrect games, they are at the same level.

I farted around with that issue on mine for a _month_, and never could get it right. I finally hit on the idea of moving the BOB opto arch around the curve from it's current location, away from the SIM Card hole, as close to the trap door as I could get it. Only two screws, and even though the subway is drilled where the opto was originally located, it works just fine in its new location shining through the subway. Problem solved.

#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Lastly the phone goes out and/or has bad colors.

The phone on mine sometimes goes out, comes back, and then goes out till I either reboot the game or unplug/replug the power to the screen from under the playfield. However, I've never had the bad colors come on. Is this due to code or something else?

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The phone on mine sometimes goes out, comes back, and then goes out till I either reboot the game or unplug/replug the power to the screen from under the playfield. However, I've never had the bad colors come on. Is this due to code or something else?

Im not sure
I was hoping that someone was going to say this was a known issue that was being worked on etc...

Does anyone know ?

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The Velcro doesn't really slow it down as much as deflect it a bit. I'm pretty sure the rejects are caused by a fast ball rising and hitting the back edge of the cutout for the left loop. I think the Velcro just stops it rising or it forces it out a bit so it doesn't hit that top left edge. But it may also slow it therefore it doesn't have enough speed to rise up and hit the edge. I've never noticed any slowdown.
In any case, it's a really easy thing to "install". Try it out. If it works it works. I'm curious to see if it does, because on my game it's all but eliminated the problem.

Anyone have a photo of where the velcro/felt should go? I'm having this same issue.

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Im not sure
I was hoping that someone was going to say this was a known issue that was being worked on etc...
Does anyone know ?

I opened a support ticket with JJP yesterday, but haven't heard back today. Every other thing on which I submitted a ticket I received an answer the next day. My guess is that don't know what the problem is and trying to figure it out. It didn't happen when I first unboxed the game (9 days ago) and it has been progressively getting more frequent. I haven't done any software updates, so my guess is that it is a hardware issue. Someone did say to take the phone apart and check for loose plugs inside, but I'm going to wait to see if that is what JJP indicates where the problem is.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I opened a support ticket with JJP yesterday, but haven't heard back today. Every other thing on which I submitted a ticket I received an answer the next day. My guess is that don't know what the problem is and trying to figure it out. It didn't happen when I first unboxed the game (9 days ago) and it has been progressively getting more frequent. I haven't done any software updates, so my guess is that it is a hardware issue. Someone did say to take the phone apart and check for loose plugs inside, but I'm going to wait to see if that is what JJP indicates where the problem is.

I’m wondering if this problem is related to the software, seems like a lot people starting having this issue after 1.52 if it is they will be able to patch it. Maybe a bug

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Im not sure
Does anyone know ?

Is this only happening to your phone or the theater too?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31?hl=poup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.