• Standerd 91 votes
    26%
  • LE 220 votes
    64%
  • Collectors editions 33 votes
    10%

(344 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_141505 (resized).jpg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
B5BDB29F-5881-4DF6-B615-CC3EA17E7F91 (resized).jpeg
A4ADC212-FC05-4728-AF7D-A53C6DF26B37 (resized).jpeg
0BBA0F66-BD54-4045-81E5-B6D16FD35C78 (resized).jpeg
94000A6E-9EFB-4AE6-A110-D34453D37B8B (resized).jpeg
809BB52A-760D-476C-BBBB-35DC2393D846 (resized).jpeg
BD81999C-A1B9-4000-851E-8C807CBC27DD (resized).jpeg
5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

There are 1697 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 34.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

but is there something I should take a look at related to the power into the upper flipper?

No. Two leaf blade switches on the right flipper button. Push in slowly and first lower one fires the lower flipper and then farther in the second one closes and fires the upper flipper.

The same for any pinball with two switches firing two flippers on one side. Leaf blade switches or opto switches.

Nothing wrong with your game.

You can adjust the leaf blades if you want a little quicker. Or push the button all the way in faster.

LTG : )

#1402 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks LTG. I'm shocked I never noticed it before on the games at the local spot I play.

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Awesome! Thanks LTG. I'm shocked I never noticed it before on the games at the local spot I play.

It's designed so you can theoretically cradle balls on the bottom flippers, and still hit using the upper Flipper. Assuming you're Kieth Elwin.

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

yeah it's amazing simple technology when you examine it. just the 2 separate switches. Can be adjusted. But as mentioned, top players learn how to separate the 2 flippers and leave the top one down.

#1405 2 years ago

Well, so far so good with my new DILE! I can't say I've noticed any issues. I was also told by my distributor that the reason mine was a couple weeks late is because they got a new, stiffer version of the QED guy. I guess there are some issues with the original version's arms separating, and the lightning bolts falling out. The lightning bolts were installed out of the box on mine (I thought I heard with earlier versions they had to be installed).

Build date on my machine is 10/06 (10/11 on the box). Came with both hole protectors and felt leg protectors.

Put several more games on it this morning and still have yet to hit the SIM hole from the upper flipper. That is making me a little concerned...

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Well, so far so good with my new DILE! I can't say I've noticed any issues. I was also told by my distributor that the reason mine was a couple weeks late is because they got a new, stiffer version of the QED guy. I guess there are some issues with the original version's arms separating, and the lightning bolts falling out. The lightning bolts were installed out of the box on mine (I thought I heard with earlier versions they had to be installed).
Build date on my machine is 10/06 (10/11 on the box). Came with both hole protectors and felt leg protectors.
Put several more games on it this morning and still have yet to hit the SIM hole from the upper flipper. That is making me a little concerned...

I rarely can hit that shot clean either. I think that's normal.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's designed so you can theoretically cradle balls on the bottom flippers, and still hit using the upper Flipper. Assuming you're Kieth Elwin.

That's great. I watched my brother (Eric) do this very thing in a tournament. So glad i was on his team and not playing against him. I have tried it a couple times, but haven't figured it out just yet.

That being said, i did get to Armageddon last night. What a rush!!!

20171016_203103 (resized).jpg

20171016_203023 (resized).jpg

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Is the station 3 shot intended to be super hard? I got mine setup on Friday and in ~70-80 players no one has hit that shot once, even on accident. The best we can get is the ball starting to roll up the ramp but without enough force to make it all the way. Most of the time it never makes it far enough up the ramp to even be visible from the playing position.

I can consistently make the station shot no problem, but he SIM card shot is tough!

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can consistently make the station shot no problem, but he SIM card shot is tough!

agreed. i have to find that spot. right now i get awarded sim cards by luck, not by skill.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

agreed. i have to find that spot. right now i get awarded sim cards by luck, not by skill.

Same here. I find that if you bank the ball off of targets (white post by cell scoop or theatre targets) I can make and that I guess is skill and the occasional top right flipper but it's almost all luck.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same here. I find that if you bank the ball off of targets (white post by cell scoop or theatre targets) I can make and that I guess is skill and the occasional top right flipper but it's almost all luck.

It is a bummer that it is almost all luck since it is such a critical shot in the game.

I see there are two posts with rubbers on them by the SIM hole. Would a post sleeve be slimmer then the post rubber, and in turn make that shot any easier?

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I changed the rubber on the upper flipper to a superband, maybe I am just imagining it but I think it helped a little with the SIM card shot.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It is a bummer that it is almost all luck since it is such a critical shot in the game.
I see there are two posts with rubbers on them by the SIM hole. Would a post sleeve be slimmer then the post rubber, and in turn make that shot any easier?

I found I was suddenly making the SIM shot a _lot_ more often; when I looked, the top rubber had broken and fallen off.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I found I was suddenly making the SIM shot a lot_ more often; when I looked, the top rubber had broken and fallen off.

Interesting...I guess that could really bang up the ball since it is bashing against the metal post? I am tempted to try and take it off my post to see what happens...

#1415 2 years ago

Try smaller rubbers. Take the small ones off of the outlane posts and switch them with the bigger ones on the SIM card posts. Kill two birds . . .

#1416 2 years ago

I witnessed a player hit the difficult Sim Card or Big Bang shot using the right lower flipper... after failing 5 times using the upper right flipper.

Is he onto something? Curious how repeatable tickling that switch from the lower right is if anybody dare to think outside the box. Might turn the hardest shot in the game into an easier one!

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I witnessed a player hit the difficult Sim Card or Big Bang shot using the right lower flipper... after failing 5 times using the upper right flipper.
Is he onto something? Curious how repeatable tickling that switch from the lower right is if anybody dare to think outside the box. Might turn the hardest shot in the game into an easier one!

Almost all my sim shots are made from lower flippers. I actually got a designed shot off White rubber from phone scoop to soon and felt great. Not looking to make this shot too easy. Love the risk reward on it

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I've not had any issues hitting the Big Bang from the lower flipper - it can be a tough shot, but nothing like my experience of the SIM shot so far. In fact, I never really thought about trying to hit it with the upper flipper.

The SIM card shot is impossible to make directly from the lower flippers without bouncing it off something else.

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Almost all my sim shots are made from lower flippers. I actually got a designed shot off White rubber from phone scoop to soon and felt great. Not looking to make this shot too easy. Love the risk reward on it

I don't need it to be easy...but it would be nice if it could be made from the upper flipper as (i assume) was intended

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself since I only have about two dozen games on my machine...but I guess I would have thought I would have hit it from the upper flipper at least once in 72+ balls...

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't need it to be easy...but it would be nice if it could be made from the upper flipper as (i assume) was intended
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself since I only have about two dozen games on my machine...but I guess I would have thought I would have hit it from the upper flipper at least once in 72+ balls...

I've def hit it before from upper so possible. Late shot.

#1421 2 years ago

How many of you Dialed in owners have kids and how much of a hit is it with them, secondly....who would pic dialed in over pirates?

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How many of you Dialed in owners have kids and how much of a hit is it with them, secondly....who would pic dialed in over pirates?

I have a 5 and 8 year old and both love the DILE. WoZ is still better for them. I think for kids the JPOTC is not so attractive as it is so deep. Same here with the Hobbit. They (as all people that do not know how the game works) want to play it every time but then quickly go on to the WoZ or DI.

#1423 2 years ago

kids (3 and 5) love it at first but have since went back to WOZ. They still like DI but WoZ is still the champ. When asked why - they sai DI is too hard. I think b/c WoZ is widebody they have a better chance to keep the ball in play while DI which plays much faster can drain before they know it. The scoop shot also makes things harder.

#1424 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in leaving the club I have a really nice restored Indiana Jones I would like to trade for a dialed in.

#1425 2 years ago

my kids 8, 10 love my DI...they love the selfie, and lottery ticket modes....that being said they still play TH the most...WOZ third...

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I am sure this has already been covered, but are the 4 LED lights on the Apron supposed to do something?

There are integrated in the new code coming out along with new lighting effects and voice/callouts during mb. Lots of nice new touches in the new code that really add to a allready great pin.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There are integrated in the new code coming out along with new lighting effects and voice/callouts during mb. Lots of nice new touches in the new code that really add to a allready great pin.

awesome!

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

any more info on how that are added in? Must have missed this in the summary of new code

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any more info on how that are added in? Must have missed this in the summary of new code

Just general gi /flasher effects as far as i know.

#1430 2 years ago

Joined the club. Mine has the new code. What a fun pin.

98434E6E-9FCA-4980-AE5C-DEBA38011583 (resized).jpeg

5DE211FA-99B9-4563-982D-3BCD5DEB9610 (resized).jpeg

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. Mine has the new code. What a fun pin.

Such a tease!

#1432 2 years ago

Everyone will have it soon . Still a little bit of testing going on . Its worth the wait....

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Everyone will have it soon . Still a little bit of testing going on . Its worth the wait....

Have you played it? If so, can you explain the new mini wizard mode?

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can not yet but hopefully will be able to soon....

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I can not yet but hopefully will be able to soon....

OK np. Last i heard, it was going to take another 2 weeks.

btw - does your right shot (the right ramp) - at very fast speeds, does it ever jump over to the left orbit or hit the ramp and not go up. Mine does ocassionally. wondering if it's leveling.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK np. Last i heard, it was going to take another 2 weeks.
btw - does your right shot (the right ramp) - at very fast speeds, does it ever jump over to the left orbit or hit the ramp and not go up. Mine does ocassionally. wondering if it's leveling.

One time it happened .... i hit a perfect ball on the fly at super speed lol.

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

One time it happened .... i hit a perfect ball on the fly at super speed lol.

ok. yeah it's has to be incredibly fast but I've managed to do it a couple of times. kind of cool..haha

#1438 2 years ago

Played the crap out of my new DILE last night. I already knew it from playing it on location, but what a crazy fun game!!! It has been a long time since I played a new game with such a strong "one more game" draw. I kept thinking about stopping playing, and then I kept hitting that start button!

I had extra rubbers around, so I put some smaller rubbers on the posts by the SIM card hole. Didn't really help me any. I think I hit the SIM card shot once from the upper flipper...otherwise just lots of lucky bounce ins.

My theater magnet worked perfectly out of the box. It was set at -70 by default. My bottom "Light Big Bang" target wasn't working. Turns out it was wedged under the left ramp. I loosened the right screw on that ramp a bit and it did the trick.

Where does everyone's phone scoop pop out to? The right flipper? Most of the time mine is popping out to the right sling, which doesn't seem right. How do you adjust that?

Can't wait until the new code drops! If they are installing it in the factory on new machines, I assume it will be available to the public very soon!

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Played the crap out of my new DILE last night. I already knew it from playing it on location, but what a crazy fun game!!! It has been a long time since I played a new game with such a strong "one more game" draw. I kept thinking about stopping playing, and then I kept hitting that start button!
I had extra rubbers around, so I put some smaller rubbers on the posts by the SIM card hole. Didn't really help me any. I think I hit the SIM card shot once from the upper flipper...otherwise just lots of lucky bounce ins.
My theater magnet worked perfectly out of the box. It was set at -70 by default. My bottom "Light Big Bang" target wasn't working. Turns out it was wedged under the left ramp. I loosened the right screw on that ramp a bit and it did the trick.
Where does everyone's phone scoop pop out to? The right flipper? Most of the time mine is popping out to the right sling, which doesn't seem right. How do you adjust that?
Can't wait until the new code drops! If they are installing it in the factory on new machines, I assume it will be available to the public very soon!

Phone scoop should eject directly to the right flipper. I would adjust the coil setting (stronger) or slightly bend/adjust the scoop to the left to make it hit the right flipper.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Mine shoots to the right flipper but occasionally does hit the right sling. I think that's normal. You can try adjusting by pushing down on the metal but I wouldn't do it too much. You might be able to adjust within (haven't tried) or change speed but I think that shot output is normal.

I was also impressed with the one more game. When I bought it I was still kind of unsure but have been really impressed. Wasn't planning on buying it AND Alien but here we are. Who knows what happens next but really enjoying it.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Most of the time mine is popping out to the right sling, which doesn't seem right. How do you adjust that?

My DILE starting occasionally doing that after about 450 plays. After checking things out, the mech was still tight - no loosening. The top of the metal scoop (above the playfield) had bent up slightly after so much action and the ball was popping out of the scoop higher than it should, sometimes slightly hitting the wireform above.

Slightly bending the top of the scoop down completely fixed the problem.

#1442 2 years ago

I have a possible factory wiring anomaly - when slightly pushing the right flipper button, the top flipper fires, and then when depressing it more the bottom one fires. Is this how this is supposed to be on this pin? On any other multi-flipper pin I've had, the bottom flipper fires first so you can cradle balls while still being able to use the top flipper. Please test yours and let me know. Thanks!

#1443 2 years ago

mine is the opposite (bottom than top)....

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have a possible factory wiring anomaly - when slightly pushing the right flipper button, the top flipper fires, and then when depressing it more the bottom one fires. Is this how this is supposed to be on this pin? On any other multi-flipper pin I've had, the bottom flipper fires first so you can cradle balls while still being able to use the top flipper. Please test yours and let me know. Thanks!

Nope, should be the other way round, lower first then upper.

It will be an easy fix but if I were you I'd contact JJP or the distributor to ask them (before you make any wiring changes).

#1445 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Just a simple switching of the two wires on the switches. A bit of solder involved but no big deal.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not really sure what was going on bc the light show was crazy amazing...... but after 6 disaster modes the phone rings. Hit the scoop and a crazy lightshow starts along with mb . That's about all i was able to notice bc of the spectacular light show i was in allll..... lol

#1447 2 years ago

Haven't read the whole thread, but sure someone has mentioned the dribble drain down the center from the theater. Also wish they had gone with a tablet instead of a cellphone, where you'd earn/launch apps. Color choices in the LCD make some numbers and text hard to read. And that name...Quantum City would've been much better.

Those quibbles aside, we enjoy playing it more every time and always throw some money at it out in the wild. JJP sound and light design is as usual very immersive and satisfying. And the shots feel good.

Archie_Dialed_In_hi (resized).png

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

Haven't read the whole thread, but sure someone has mentioned the dribble drain down the center from the theater. Also wish they had gone with a tablet instead of a cellphone, where you'd earn/launch apps. Color choices in the LCD make some numbers and text hard to read. And that name...Quantum City would've been much better.
Those quibbles aside, we enjoy playing it more every time and always throw some money at it out in the wild. JJP sound and light design is as usual very immersive and satisfying. And the shots feel good.

Ok - I'll make some comments

I have not had any issues when the theater drops the ball straight down. It always veers slightly to the right flipper, and I don't think I've had it go SDTM from the theater (at least when the magnet has been involved).

You do launch apps from the phone - the "apps" correlate to the 11 disasters, and you can use your flippers to cycle through the apps on the phone (like LOTR, you need to make sure you factor in the next flip into the phone scoop if you are trying to start a specific disaster).

Haven't noticed the tough to read text on the LCD...but I honestly haven't looked at it a ton since I've been focusing on the ball.

The name...it's grown on me and I don't really mind it, but I guess I can see why others would dislike it.

#1449 2 years ago

Anyone know the back log on DILE orders is like? If I were to order today, how long would it take? Guess I should contact a distributor but waiting til I have all the cash in hand before then.

#1450 2 years ago

Some distros have them in stock. Mine is supposed to arrive Friday but I ordered it nearly two months ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,000.00
$ 49.00
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 1697 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside