5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 34.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So the new wizard mode - does anyone else think it should be lit some other way? Right now there’s the new wizard mode after 6 disasters, one after playing 8 and one after beating 8.
Maybe maybe the new 6 disaster mode start at 4 completed or 6 played?

Where is the new rom? The JJP site still only has 1.13...

#1352 6 years ago

New rom should drop in a couple of weeks.

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where is the new rom? The JJP site still only has 1.13...

I’m just speculating based on the readme that they released.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So the new wizard mode - does anyone else think it should be lit some other way? Right now there’s the new wizard mode after 6 disasters, one after playing 8 and one after beating 8.

Agreed. I was concerned when I read this too. I have DI on my radar but feel like another wizard mode Should have been qualified after doing selfie mode, emoji mode, and both quick multiballs. And maybe call it crazy bobs chaos or something. Or qualify it for getting all the spider targets, all the drones, and all the other side objective stuff.

Too much focus on the game is centered around the phone modes. Game needs to be spread out a bit. No?

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So a couple corrections to this statement:

There is one wizard mode after playing all 11 disasters (not 8).

There is another wizard mode after spelling Dialed In, which is accomplished by collecting 8 SIM cards. Yes - SIM cards can be collected by completing disasters, but they can also be earned by "beating" the Bob multiballs.

I assume the new wizard mode/multiball will be available after playing 6 disasters. (+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six Disaster Modes).

Here are the default settings per the most recent DI manual for how to qualify SIMs via the Bob multiballs:

Drones Gone Wild: 3 Super Jackpots
High Voltage: 15 High Voltage Hits
Monkey Wrench: 3 shots past Betty's wrench

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

So a couple corrections to this statement:
There is one wizard mode after playing all 11 disasters (not 8).
There is another wizard mode after spelling Dialed In, which is accomplished by collecting 8 SIM cards. Yes - SIM cards can be collected by completing disasters, but they can also be earned by "beating" the Bob multiballs.
I assume the new wizard mode/multiball will be available after playing 6 disasters. (+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six Disaster Modes).
Here are the default settings per the most recent DI manual for how to qualify SIMs via the Bob multiballs:
Drones Gone Wild: 3 Super Jackpots
High Voltage: 15 High Voltage Hits
Monkey Wrench: 3 shots past Betty's wrench

Anyone have any intel on this new wizard mode rules wise? Is it going to prolong the progression of the game or will it be used in parallel to help complete any played unfinished modes? It just seems like a very strange place to stick a wizard mode when there’s already a wizard mode in place for the disaster modes.

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone have any intel on this new wizard mode rules wise? Is it going to prolong the progression of the game or will it be used in parallel to help complete any played unfinished modes? It just seems like a very strange place to stick a wizard mode when there’s already a wizard mode in place for the disaster modes.

All I know is what was posted in the upcoming changelog. I've not heard anything else about it.

I am wondering if they stuck this in there at the request of the community. I forget where it was (here or the JJP newsgroup), but I feel like I saw people posting/commenting that there should be a mini-wizard mode/multiball halfway through the disasters for those who are not great at the game. So...this could be directly due to fan request.

While I agree it might be nice if it was qualified some other way, I always welcome additions.

#1358 6 years ago

It will be nice to have a mini wizard mode.... i have yet to get threw 6 disasters but have been on 6 . I sure the heck havent been close to the wizard modes so this is a welcome edition for those have their games set up difficult ...

#1359 6 years ago

Just goes to show, you cant please all the people all the time, but I'm for more wizard modes.
My game is supposed to be delivered on wed....been a loong wait ...and watching all you talk about the game. Is it wed yet?

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed. I was concerned when I read this too. I have DI on my radar but feel like another wizard mode Should have been qualified after doing selfie mode, emoji mode, and both quick multiballs. And maybe call it crazy bobs chaos or something. Or qualify it for getting all the spider targets, all the drones, and all the other side objective stuff.
Too much focus on the game is centered around the phone modes. Game needs to be spread out a bit. No?

The spiders and drones are currently irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. They need to be integrated into gameplay MUCH better.

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The spiders and drones are currently irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. They need to be integrated into gameplay MUCH better.

Yeah this is the obvious lacking area since day one.

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And that's kind of my point; why focus on another wizard mode for the phone modes and not focus on the other aspects? Maybe someone can catch Ted's ear in the JJP forum and find out their logic or direction? Seems like the wizard mode should support these other aspects on the game since there's a lot heavily integrated into disaster and phone modes as is.

#1363 6 years ago

The drones can get you a good utility multiball, but it's risky enough and there's enough else going on with the game I don't bother with it. Spider is just there.

Still, I think you guys are just getting greedy. The DI code is fine as it is and a little more polish I think it's ready to put it to bed.

The whole concept of "more wizard modes" is extremely silly to me. A game should have ONE Wizard mode.

#1364 6 years ago

Good point, it'd be cool to have a mini wizard mode for completing a few or reaching all the spider spinner/kilowatt drops/subway door smash/drone modes

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The whole concept of "more wizard modes" is extremely silly to me. A game should have ONE Wizard mode.

Less wizard mode and more "bonus mode" to offset the grind a bit. They always planned to add something there.

#1366 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, you can have an award for all disasters , and then the wizard mode for all sims; just like RBION.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The drones can get you a good utility multiball, but it's risky enough and there's enough else going on with the game I don't bother with it. Spider is just there.
Still, I think you guys are just getting greedy. The DI code is fine as it is and a little more polish I think it's ready to put it to bed.

I just like the way WoZ handles it with the Melt the Witch at about the halfway point. It breaks up the grind of getting the gems and is a nice little boost. Dialed In disaster disaster disaster disaster multiball disaster disaster disaster can be a grind, too. Breaking that up with little "intermission" modes every 4 disasters or so will really help.

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just like the way WoZ handles it with the Melt the Witch at about the halfway point. It breaks up the grind of getting the gems and is a nice little boost. Dialed In disaster disaster disaster disaster multiball disaster disaster disaster can be a grind, too. Breaking that up with little "intermission" modes every 4 disasters or so will really help.

This is my concern about owning it in a small collection. Could become tiresome and repetitive. Is that how owners feel about this game? Is it too focused on disasters and not other aspects? Is this a concern and/or considered a roadblock in the software so to speak?

#1369 6 years ago

Is the station 3 shot intended to be super hard? I got mine setup on Friday and in ~70-80 players no one has hit that shot once, even on accident. The best we can get is the ball starting to roll up the ramp but without enough force to make it all the way. Most of the time it never makes it far enough up the ramp to even be visible from the playing position.

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Is the station 3 shot intended to be super hard? I got mine setup on Friday and in ~70-80 players no one has hit that shot once, even on accident. The best we can get is the ball starting to roll up the ramp but without enough force to make it all the way. Most of the time it never makes it far enough up the ramp to even be visible from the playing position.

No issues hitting that shot on my game.

#1371 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Yes! Mine is the same way. You are not alone there.

Since setting up ... the game is pitched and leveled per-specs. But, unlike the ones I have played at conventions (where the shot was buttery smooth), I can barley make it, if at all. Most of the time the ball just bricks and “clunks” and does nothing when hitting it from all locations of the flipper.

I adjusted the coil strength all over the place ... no luck. Short of adjusting flipper ... Any advice would be great.

#1372 6 years ago

Nope my left flipper is the good one.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Works fine here. Maybe you need to increase the coil strength for that flipper. What's it set to?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is my concern about owning it in a small collection. Could become tiresome and repetitive. Is that how owners feel about this game? Is it too focused on disasters and not other aspects? Is this a concern and/or considered a roadblock in the software so to speak?

As it is now, yes, it will get old in a small collection, which is why I'm pretty sure they're already executing on plans for the code to break up the disaster progression a bit, which is what the game needs.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Works fine here. Maybe you need to increase the coil strength for that flipper. What's it set to?

As it is now, yes, it will get old in a small collection, which is why I'm pretty sure they're already executing on plans for the code to break up the disaster progression a bit, which is what the game needs.

No problem hitting that shot at all. In fact it's easier than I thought. Sim card is a whole other story although it's good you can't hit that one easily.

As for the wizard modes, I'm all about mini ones. Why not. I do agree that the spiders and drone (and things outside of diasters) need to score more to warrant more attention. That being said, I have a small collection (soon to be 3 with alien) and it's been nonstop thus far. Something about the way the game plays/feels - it's one more time every time with that game. Just love it. That might change and I can certainly turn 1 game into 2 good ones real fast but DI is such a stunner right now. Plus it looks really nice to my RR. Alien will face against the other wall - totally diff theme and prob one of the creepiest machines I've played. Deserves it's own horror space.

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No problem hitting that shot at all. In fact it's easier than I thought. Sim card is a whole other story although it's good you can't hit that one easily.

Looking at the stats it shows a couple of sim card shots every game (not always when a sim needs to be collected of course) but zero shots of the ramp. Something must be slightly different.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 6 years ago

Just got my Dialed In about two hours ago! First time playing in a home environment. I am shocked by how great the speakers sound on this thing!!

Such a fun game. Can't wait to play it like crazy this weekend. Just put about 20 games on it. Didn't do that great (300k top score).

That SIM card shot is hard!! I wasn't able to hit it a single time from the upper flipper. Only got some lucky bounce ins. Any tips?

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Just got my Dialed In about two hours ago! First time playing in a home environment. I am shocked by how great the speakers sound on this thing!!
Such a fun game. Can't wait to play it like crazy this weekend. Just put about 20 games on it. Didn't do that great (300k top score).
That SIM card shot is hard!! I wasn't able to hit it a single time from the upper flipper. Only got some lucky bounce ins. Any tips?

Don't forget to ajust theater magnet so it tosses it back. Also set magnets to medium for lots of action. Id also get rid of alot of the factory settings for eb.... way to many. Sim shot is difficult but you will get it....its very late on upper flipper.

#1378 6 years ago

I am sure this has already been covered, but are the 4 LED lights on the Apron supposed to do something?

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I am sure this has already been covered, but are the 4 LED lights on the Apron supposed to do something?

Was for the phone connection but it no longer uses them apparently..... i wish they wld integrate them somehow....... maybe jackpots remaining or something?

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was for the phone connection but it no longer uses them apparently..... i wish they wld integrate them somehow....... maybe jackpots remaining or something?

They should take a page from JJPOTC and use a couple of them for number of dangers left before tilt.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thanks...seems like they could do something during game play? I forgot all about the phone connection....I guess at some point I should see if that works

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

They should take a page from JJPOTC and use a couple of them for number of dangers left before tilt.

Good idea since they carry over... If it still works like that after the new code

#1383 6 years ago

Has anyone shifted the crazy Bob sign?....seems like it should be nice if it was at a 30 angle towards the player....the way it currently sits its somewhat useless....

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has any shifted the crazy Bob sign?....seems like it should be nice if it was at a 30 angle towards the player....the way it currently sits its somewhat useless....

Many of us have

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Many of us have

Any chance you can provide a little details? Anyone have any photos? Did you drill new holes?

#1387 6 years ago

Thanks Law

#1388 6 years ago

Yeah I gotta do it myself when I get some time! Make sure the correct Leds are hooked up on Bob sign... Seems to be a lot of flipped wires for the lower 2 leds

#1389 6 years ago

Looking at what could cause the ramp shot to miss I wonder if it has something to do with the factory cliffy. It looks like it might be raised up enough to catch the ball on the way to the ramp. Any thoughts?

You can see how it stick up a bit. Sorry for the terrible photos.

cliffy (resized).jpgcliffy (resized).jpg

corner (resized).jpgcorner (resized).jpg

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Looking at what could cause the ramp shot to miss I wonder if it has something to do with the factory cliffy. It looks like it might be raised up enough to catch the ball on the way to the ramp. Any thoughts?
You can see how it stick up a bit. Sorry for the terrible photos.

Looking at my game ....a protector sldnt effect that ramp imo. Can u roll the ball up the ramp?. Also there is a wire for the wireforn switch above the ramp entrance that may interfere with it....

#1391 6 years ago

on a ripper shot to the right "ramp"/orbit, I've had my ball either go all the way around to left orbit or go up mid way and then hit metal and stop - drop into bumpers. I've also had it do what it's expected to do and hit right ramp. On a normal speed or slow it always hits right ramp.

Have you guys seen this on yours and is there anyway to ensure it hits right ramp all the time? just curious. If you haven't I prob need to adjust leveling - maybe raise right up. Plunge shot always hits right ramp and down no matter how hard I do it.

#1392 6 years ago

Very rarely the right goes to left orbit on my game.
If I hit it square it goes up the ramp 95% of the time I feel.
It it isn't square and rattling just a bit it will go to the back metal part of the ramp and just not clear that peak, and roll back.
I mean it's a ramp shot plus an orbit so that seems normal to me.. On mine anyway

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone shifted the crazy Bob sign?....seems like it should be nice if it was at a 30 angle towards the player....the way it currently sits its somewhat useless....

I did, but I put a plastic guard between it and the station, otherwise the rotated sign becomes a ball trap if an airball gets up there.

JJP really needs to ship them like this (with a better, custom made plastic shield). It's SO MUCH BETTER as a player when you can easily read the sign while playing.

Bob_shield (resized).jpgBob_shield (resized).jpg

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did, but I put a plastic guard between it and the station, otherwise the rotated sign becomes a ball trap if an airball gets up there.
JJP really needs to ship them like this (with a better, custom made plastic shield). It's SO MUCH BETTER as a player when you can easily read the sign while playing.

Thanks Vireland...appreciate the insight...having the sign in its current location is a complete waste as nobody can read it....hard to believe the factory didn't pick this up already...

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks Vireland...appreciate the insight...having the sign in its current location is a complete waste as nobody can read it....hard to believe the factory didn't pick this up already...

I didn't drill the plastic to reseat the leg I moved out. I just used 3M thick adhesive square, cut to size. Hasn't moved a millimeter.

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't drill the plastic to reseat the leg I moved out. I just used 3M thick adhesive square, cut to size. Hasn't moved a millimeter.

ok thanks....do you think the plastic is really necessary...I haven't noticed any air balls flying in that area....yet

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ok thanks....do you think the plastic is really necessary...I haven't noticed any air balls flying in that area....yet

For home? Probably not, but this one is on a route, and you don't want a ball stuck when no one is there to fix it.

#1398 6 years ago

Have i mentioned lately how dam good this pin plays and how fun it is? All the buzz about potc but man this game sld not b overlooked. ...its that good

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For home? Probably not, but this one is on a route, and you don't want a ball stuck when no one is there to fix it.

mine's sitting in the game room so I'll pass on the plastic...I'll let you know if there's an issue tonight the kids just realized you had to wave your hands to scratch off the lottery ticket...they thought it was the coolest thing

#1400 6 years ago

Hate to be the new guy with a bunch of questions, but there is another thing I just noticed. The upper flipper felt like it was lagging (I noticed the sound wasn't aligned). With some experimenting if I slowly push the right flipper button only the right flipper fires. If I push it quickly the right and upper fire together. If I push it slowly I get some lag between the two.

It has been on all night (and in on and off use). I'm going to see if there is a different behavior when it cools off, but is there something I should take a look at related to the power into the upper flipper?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.