5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 34.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A strong left ramp shot does this on mine/or goes in pop area and sets me up to lock a ball very nicely. ... id guess its by design knowing other pat l pins that also help with shots . Weaker shots fall off the front or go in the hole sometimes...
» YouTube video

Are you using stock flipper power? It seems like it's overpowered - that ball's moving fast!

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you using stock flipper power? It seems like it's overpowered - that ball's moving fast!

Yes but they are from a inlane roll which helps alot lol. From a trap its much slower

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also the longer the game is on .... the flippers get hot and lose power . Those vids were taken as soon as pin was turned on so they are strong.... but after a few games they die down some.

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A strong left ramp shot does this on mine/or goes in pop area and sets me up to lock a ball very nicely. ... id guess its by design knowing other pat l pins that also help with shots . Weaker shots fall off the front or go in the hole sometimes...
» YouTube video

Cool, thanks for this! I turned up my right flipper a bit and it made it over there a couple times. I see that the diverter on mine needs to be adjusted a bit as it's not nearly as smooth as yours coming off it and bounces on the upper playfield. I'll mess w/ that in a few days when I'm back in town.

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Cool, thanks for this! I turned up my right flipper a bit and it made it over there a couple times. I see that the diverter on mine needs to be adjusted a bit as it's not nearly as smooth as yours coming off it and bounces on the upper playfield. I'll mess w/ that in a few days when I'm back in town.

Yea i took mine apart and ajusted it as it was to high and launching the balls to high. Now its very smooth

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

» YouTube video

funny is that I asked about this and then tonight it happened twice. Game is brilliant.

#1307 6 years ago

Played a DILE on Location today that seems to be problematic every time I go. Today it would not register hits to the electric guy and no way to start modes since the phone could not be charged, no matter how many ramps, etc. quite a different game that way.

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Played a DILE on Location today that seems to be problematic every time I go. Today it would not register hits to the electric guy and no way to start modes since the phone could not be charged, no matter how many ramps, etc. quite a different game that way.

Lots of mb and bob modes lol....

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

That's just a plain old target, nothing fancy. Weird it would already be broken. But it does bring up a good point given that charging the phone is KEY to the game. If the QTE guy's target is detected not to be working, they should have a fallback to maybe the targets next to the theatre (or the drone targets) to charge the phone as a backup.

#1310 6 years ago

When my Qed stopped responding to hits and not move, I found it to be his connector zip tied to his back. It was separated just enough not to make contact.

1 week later
#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Midway tried doing this with a video game. Once. Put it on test. Pulled it out almost immediately when the location went ballistic with the obscene pic in it.
End of what could have been a great game. Only one was ever made.
LTG : )

What game was that LTG?

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

What game was that LTG?

I'm sorry I forgot the name. David Thiel would know.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Where was this?

I have to say one issue on newer pins is horrible switch compensation - in that it doesn't exist. 90s games, if a switch stopped working, the software would usually find a way to deal with it. Seems like this is nonesxistent on stern games, and I'm not sure about JJP either. I wish they would put this back in it's invaluable for location pinball.

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry I forgot the name. David Thiel would know.

I believe the Journey video arcade game tested with a digital camera. Wasnt used in production as players were taking pics of their balls for their high score photos.

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where was this?
I have to say one issue on newer pins is horrible switch compensation - in that it doesn't exist. 90s games, if a switch stopped working, the software would usually find a way to deal with it. Seems like this is nonesxistent on stern games, and I'm not sure about JJP either. I wish they would put this back in it's invaluable for location pinball.

Yeah, I added this to the bug list a while ago since it's a major problem if that one switch goes out. It absolutely needs switch compensation for at least the QED guy so you can still play the disasters if that switch is out.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I believe the Journey video arcade game tested with a digital camera. Wasnt used in production as players were taking pics of their balls for their high score photos.

There was a prototype game that used the technology before that. You can read about it here:
http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-story-of-journey-video-game.html

#1317 6 years ago

In Hobbit if one of the beast mechs isn’t scoring, Keith has it so that the shot behind it (on the same path) will award the beast hit - left or right orbit for the spider and warg, left or right ramp entrance opto for the goblin and orc. That’s just one example.

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

In Hobbit if one of the beast mechs isn’t scoring, Keith has it so that the shot behind it (on the same path) will award the beast hit - left or right orbit for the spider and warg, left or right ramp entrance opto for the goblin and orc. That’s just one example.

Our stern Star Trek had a right orbit shot that was out for months. You couldn't complete any mode or jackpot that required that shot. It's absolutely never compensated for that and I was surprised to say the least. Glad JJP seems more open to this kind of thing.

#1319 6 years ago

"Clone" was Elaine's (Ditton at the time) first solo game effort working at Marvin Glass. She had been on the Journey team. Clone was the merging of the video game and the photo booth.
Clone took four pictures of the player at the beginning of the game. These pictures sequenced in a frame that was the player's token. If you got high score your pictures were saved as the boss enemy.
It only took a few days for some precocious player to lower their pants and have a genitals as their four pictures.
Imagine later player's surprise when the boss enemy came out.
It only took Alladin's Castle four days to reject the game.
Persist pictures at your own risk.
Ddt

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

"Clone" was Elaine's (Ditton at the time) first solo game effort working at Marvin Glass. She had been on the Journey team. Clone was the merging of the video game and the photo booth.
Clone took four pictures of the player at the beginning of the game. These pictures sequenced in a frame that was the player's token. If you got high score your pictures were saved as the boss enemy.
It only took a few days for some precocious player to lower their pants and have a genitals as their four pictures.
Imagine later player's surprise when the boss enemy came out.
It only took Alladin's Castle four days to reject the game.
Persist pictures at your own risk.
Ddt

But they didn't have the power of hotdog/not hotdog ai to filter the pics back then. The future is now!

#1321 6 years ago

Just popped up an unboxing and first game play of our DI LE on our Youtube channel if anyone is interested/bored or wants to see how one plays straight out of the box.

and part 2 with game play

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just popped up an unboxing and first game play of our DI LE on our Youtube channel if anyone is interested/bored or wants to see how one plays straight out of the box.
» YouTube video
and part 2 with game play
» YouTube video

Get protectors installed at the SIM hole and phone hole ASAP. The playfield WILL chip at those holes without them in as little as 50 plays.

#1323 6 years ago

Who else loves the daily high scores?
As gimmicky as people have said DI is, it really is getting the more plays by far in our house because the kids love it as much as the adults.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get protectors installed at the SIM hole and phone hole ASAP. The playfield WILL chip at those holes without them in as little as 50 plays.

My JJP ones arrived the day after we did the unboxing - and both are fitted. We just didn't have the patience to wait till we had our first game! Thanks

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

As gimmicky as people have said DI is, it really is getting the more plays by far in our house because the kids love it as much as the adults.

The "gimmick" I'm shocked nobody's talking about is the "BALLS IN RESERVE" option - to me, one of the great innovations of the decade.

#1326 6 years ago

What the hell is a balls in reserve?

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What the hell is a balls in reserve?

Settings/System Settings/General/Ball Play Type

Essentially, it's multi-player-capable add-a-ball. Everyone starts with 3 (or whatever) - EXTRA BALL adds one, draining subtracts one, just like a regular AAB. But, for multi-player games, the "player up" rotates after _every_ drain, among those players with one or more balls left. Each player's score display also shows how many balls they have remaining.

The big advantage: if one player racks up two or three EBs in a turn, the other players don't have to wait and watch _all_ of them be played before they get another turn.

Give it a try - I think it's revolutionary.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Essentially, it's multi-player-capable add-a-ball. Everyone starts with 3 (or whatever) - EXTRA BALL adds one, draining subtracts one, just like a regular AAB. But, for multi-player games, the "player up" rotates after every_ drain, among those players with one or more balls left. Each player's score display also shows how many balls they have remaining.
The big advantage: if one player racks up two or three EBs in a turn, the other players don't have to wait and watch all_ of them be played before they get another turn.

We like it also. Great for parties with a mix of newbies and "better" pinheads. Great new feature that they also added to TH and WOZ. I just wish they also had a "skip a turn" feature so that you don't have to wait for a player that is off doing something temporarily (like bathroom or yacking with someone). Just leave the same number of reserve balls for them and go to the next player.

#1329 6 years ago

Ahhhh interesting indeed!

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Essentially, it's multi-player-capable add-a-ball. Everyone starts with 3 (or whatever) - EXTRA BALL adds one, draining subtracts one, just like a regular AAB. But, for multi-player games, the "player up" rotates after every_ drain, among those players with one or more balls left. Each player's score display also shows how many balls they have remaining.
The big advantage: if one player racks up two or three EBs in a turn, the other players don't have to wait and watch all_ of them be played before they get another turn.

it also allows you to start a game (one, two, or three player) play the game, and additional players can join in whenever they want. i can be playing on my second ball and my wife can come in and hit the start button to add herself in. Just like above, we would keep rotating until we are both out of balls.

it is a cool feature, just make sure if you are playing in a league or tournament (and extra balls haven't been turned off) that the players know that the NEVER play two balls in a row unless they are the last player. You dont wait to plunge your extra ball because it would not be your extra ball you are plunging, but the next players ball.

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

until we are both out of balls.

Ouch !

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just wish they also had a "skip a turn" feature so that you don't have to wait for a player that is off doing something temporarily (like bathroom or yacking with someone). Just leave the same number of reserve balls for them and go to the next player.

Awesome idea!

#1334 6 years ago

sur le coup, il a pas trop assuré notre Seb
(et bisou si tu me lis lol)

#1335 6 years ago

C'est sur il a eu des soirée plus aboutie , mais ce que j'aime c'est qu'il explique bien les règles et la stratégie

#1337 6 years ago

This protectors kill my game ... I have had many many chances to get a simcard but got it in around 200 games exactly1 time with luck ... no way to bring from the upper left flipperbat the ball in the hole .. Is it just me, is it the flipperbat or is it the holeprotector ...
Is there no other way to get the simcard ?!
Maybe I should solder the switch to an target or so to get the simcards on a target and not on this spooky hole .

#1338 6 years ago

Ive been hitting the sim area with no issue ? Its s tough shot but very doable.... its very late on upper flipper.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Hate 'em!

Sucks when I'm waiting to play this at a bar and I have to wait for 3 scrubs to struggle to put in their 10 letter name for each of their sub 50,000 scores because they think it's actually important.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate 'em!
Sucks when I'm waiting to play this at a bar and I have to wait for 3 scrubs to struggle to put in their 10 letter name for each of their sub 50,000 scores because they think it's actually important.

Haha first thing I did when I bought it was change that to 3 initials.

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha first thing I did when I bought it was change that to 3 initials.

DEFINITELY. Home, great to have longer names. On location? 3 initials is all you get.

#1342 6 years ago

The phone scoop protector will definitely make the shot a bit harder. A bit more challenge for an awesome game.

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The phone scoop protector will definitely make the shot a bit harder. A bit more challenge for an awesome game.

Yeh it's definitely a bit harder, but I think it was almost too easy originally, so I'm not too upset. Just got to be an accurate shot.

#1344 6 years ago

Sorry for spamming all the threads but if you haven't heard I'm running a poll:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-survey-dialed-in-vs-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#1345 6 years ago

Never thought of that. I don't have any local locations to play at right now...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate 'em!

#1346 6 years ago

My little QED had a tumble during our comp day. Looks like only 1 screw was holding him in - how many others should be there does anyone know?

F468E9D4-6EA0-4602-9079-0CB43B254B51 (resized).jpegF468E9D4-6EA0-4602-9079-0CB43B254B51 (resized).jpeg

#1347 6 years ago

One in each arm is i believe all that's in mine

#1348 6 years ago

Believe I remember saying only 2 screws and not locktited from the factory or anything,

#1349 6 years ago

mine has a 3rd screw lower down - around the waist. You need to do more disassembly to get to it.

#1350 6 years ago

So the new wizard mode - does anyone else think it should be lit some other way? Right now there’s the new wizard mode after 6 disasters, one after playing 8 and one after beating 8.

Maybe maybe the new 6 disaster mode start at 4 completed or 6 played?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.