5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.
#1251 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Also, just set mine up and it's very impressive, as are all JJP games.
Couple of really annoying problems:
- My kickback only hits the ball about 1/3 of the time- rest of the time it misses completely (it's too slow) and the ball drains and ball save is activated. Annoying, but more so in multiball as it doesn't activate ball save. Only on a very slow drain will it activate and kickback. Checked the menu for delay settings but couldn't find anything.
- my left main ramp - the balm falls off 50% of the time before the girl up the top. It's not because of her diverter which is up. And when it's down I've only had it divert on to the plastic upper pf thing a couple of times. Only a slow shot will go all around the left ramp.
My game is at 7.3deg. Wondering if this is causing the problems (drain too fast, ball going around the left ramp at the wrong angle).
Anyone else?

U can ajust the kickback timing. But lower your game to 6.8-7 . It will play much better especially the left ramp. Also the game wil settle down after 50 -100 plays from my experience. If that dont work there are some more things u can do to help.

#1252 6 years ago

JJP makes a phone scoop protector and SIM card hole protector that is all.

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can ajust the kickback timing. But lower your game to 6.8-7 . It will play much better especially the left ramp. Also the game wil settle down after 50 -100 plays from my experience. If that dont work there are some more things u can do to help.

Yeh, first thing I'll do in the morning. One thing I noticed is the 'standard' slope is already quite steep. On my Sterns, I literally have to have the back legs on max and the front ones I even need to remove the locking nut to get 7deg. On DI I assumed it would be the same and had the back on max, front min, and it was 8.4 deg!!!! To get down to 7 I'll have to almost have the back and front even.

Any idea which part of the menu the kickback timer is in?

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, first thing I'll do in the morning. One thing I noticed is the 'standard' slope is already quite steep. On my Sterns, I literally have to have the back legs on max and the front ones I even need to remove the locking nut to get 7deg. On DI I assumed it would be the same and had the back on max, front min, and it was 8.4 deg!!!! To get down to 7 I'll have to almost have the back and front even.

On level ground and leg levelers flat its at 6.5 by new design of cab....i have my back up a little to get it around 7 ...

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Settings/Coil Settings/KICKBACK/Kickback Delay (0-60 ms, default 40ms).

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- My kickback only hits the ball about 1/3 of the time-...

Switch adjustment should clean it up?

I had my game originally up pretty steep and I think it played like crap.

#1257 6 years ago

Question: Did any DI LE buyers get a printed manual? I've seen flyers the suggest we were supposed to get one.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Question: Did any DI LE buyers get a printed manual? I've seen flyers the suggest we were supposed to get one.

I know they weren't ready during the original shipments but haven't heard an update yet.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I know they weren't ready during the original shipments but haven't heard an update yet.

I hear ya....just wondering if were supposed to get one at some point? My distributor says NO so I'm confused. Who put out that matrix that indicated that LE owner should get a manual? I have manuals for TH and WOZ, and it would be nice to round out the collection.

#1260 6 years ago

There will eventually be a printed one but not finished yet.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My distributor says NO so I'm confused.

Huh, that is weird.

#1262 6 years ago

Le get a printed manual once done

#1263 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh, that is weird.

Just sent him a text...maybe he's wrong? Be nice to have a printed manual.

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would be guessing he's wrong from what others are saying. Maybe he doesn't know as JJP will just ship them out directly?

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There will eventually be a printed one but not finished yet.

#1265 6 years ago

Any speculation about when a code update might hit?

#1266 6 years ago

One small code update at least has to hit soon to allow the CE toppers to light up.

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya....just wondering if were supposed to get one at some point? My distributor says NO so I'm confused. Who put out that matrix that indicated that LE owner should get a manual? I have manuals for TH and WOZ, and it would be nice to round out the collection.

Your distribtor is misinformed. Le owners get a printed manual. They are not finalized yet (although you can download ver 2.0 on the jjp website), aND they will ship to each le customer once they're done.

#1268 6 years ago

Is there a mode for the mobile phone integration? Haven't heard anyone talking about it, except that the app is buggy.

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This was taped to my LE glass when I unboxed it, along with a million other bits of paper.

IMG_9179 (resized).JPGIMG_9179 (resized).JPG

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there a mode for the mobile phone integration? Haven't heard anyone talking about it, except that the app is buggy.

Think you have to download an app? never looked in to it. I remember hearing the bugggyness has somehting to do with the orientation of the phone at start up?

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This was taped to my LE glass when I unboxed it, along with a million other bits of paper.

awesome...thanks

#1272 6 years ago

So the left ramp was rejecting 50% of shots once they got to the wireform - just where the switch is before the girl. Ball was actually flying off the wireform and hitting the rubber post on the little upper pf thing then dropping off the wireform.

Turns out the whole wireform needed to be adjusted - just loosened the 2 nuts holding the wireform legs and pushed it up to the highest possible extension, then tightened. Ramp shoots perfectly smooth now. And the diverter works perfectly.

Always amazes me how small adjustments like that make such a huge difference.

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Settings/Coil Settings/KICKBACK/Kickback Delay (0-60 ms, default 40ms).

Lowered game to 7deg, and adjusted kickback delay to 50ms and works perfectly every time now.

Game plays perfectly. Good game so far.

The force is strong with this one.

#1274 6 years ago

Guys guys guys...in all seriousness I gotta stop smoking this shit

DARE.jpgDARE.jpg

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guys guys guys...in all seriousness I gotta stop smoking this shit

Is that the game's default selfie pic, in place of the real photo taken when its hotdog/not hotdog algorithym flags a questionable selfie?

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is that the game's default selfie pic, in place of the real photo taken when its hotdog/not hotdog algorithym flags a questionable selfie?

I only get a dialed in logo on a black background for the pictures when that happens.

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The upper playfield helps alot in certain modes when diverted. Also i put all my protectors on with out removing it.

Can you elaborate? I'm also trying to understand what is the point of the diverter. Which modes exactly? Seems to just stop the flow of the ball and then you have to nudge to put it in pops otherwise it just spills out. It would be cool if there were some switches up there but it appears just rubbers right?

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Face detection picks up faces on shirts if: they’re clear enough, and the person is tall enough.

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you elaborate? I'm also trying to understand what is the point of the diverter. Which modes exactly? Seems to just stop the flow of the ball and then you have to nudge to put it in pops otherwise it just spills out. It would be cool if there were some switches up there but it appears just rubbers right?

When lock is lit it diverts and falls off the back of upper playfield into the skill shot, which then sets you up with a upper flipper to ramp shot to lock a ball . Thats a big help and pretty cool. In acid rain mode it diverts so it has a chance to go into the pop bumpers for the mode. Im monkey wrench mb to get jackpot you need to sneak past the diverter to get jackpot. Im sure there are others but thats the main times i noticed so far.

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

When lock is lit it diverts and falls off the back of upper playfield into the skill shot, which then sets you up with a upper flipper to ramp shot to lock a ball . Thats a big help and pretty cool. In acid rain mode it diverts so it has a chance to go into the pop bumpers for the mode. Im monkey wrench mb to get jackpot you need to sneak past the diverter to get jackpot. Im sure there are others but thats the main times i noticed so far.

thanks

btw - can you increase the strength of your flipper past 25? Mine says 32 but only goes to 25. Right feels little weaker than left. Thanks

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks
btw - can you increase the strength of your flipper past 25? Mine says 32 but only goes to 25. Right feels little weaker than left. Thanks

Mine caps at 25 as well.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks

No idea as mine are very strong on factory settings. Only thing i ajusted was theater magnet to throw it back and all other magnets to medium for lots of action.

#1283 6 years ago

OK so your right flipper you can hit the left orbit and the ball flies around to the right orbit and doesn't touch anything? like super smooth?

#1284 6 years ago

Finally got to play the game the other week two questions.

First can you change what mode you start the game I played started the same mode as the first every game I played.

Second what are the toys as it felt like a toyless game

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

First can you change what mode you start the game I played started the same mode as the first every game I played.

Lol.....

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Funny

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

!

#1288 6 years ago

JJP's Dialed In will be in the PinballSTAR Amusements booth at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show on Friday 9/29 and Sat 9/30 !!! ...as a matter of fact we'll have 2 !

Come play the game everyone is talking about - Pat Lawlor's original themed game - Dialed In.

We have a very few available Dialed In Limited Edition games that will be ready to ship in a week or two. NO WAIT ! Email Joe at [email protected] for info !

www.theyorkshow.com

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

jjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpgjjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpg

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No idea as mine are very strong on factory settings. Only thing i ajusted was theater magnet to throw it back and all other magnets to medium for lots of action.

Do you mean back up into the pops, or back at the flippers? When is the magnet supposed to throw the ball back? At the moment mine just kind of stops the ball in certain modes. Doesn't hold or throw it.

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you mean back up into the pops, or back at the flippers? When is the magnet supposed to throw the ball back? At the moment mine just kind of stops the ball in certain modes. Doesn't hold or throw it.

U need to go into settings and put it between -90. - - -120. So it throws it back to upper flipper

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U need to go into settings and put it between -90. - - -120. So it throws it back to upper flipper

He's correct. Think about in the shadow pinball game - how it locks the ball. It's supposed to look like that. It's really slick.

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes. If you look at the cell phone, one of the disasters you've unlocked is highlighted (I think you start with 4? available). Pop bumpers advance it, as do the flipper presses. So you can grab the ball, hold it, then use the other flipper to select one BEFORE or AFTER the one you want (because flipping it in will move it one, too) and get the one you want.

If you have the phone app, you can directly select disasters, too, which is a little easier.

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. If you look at the cell phone, one of the disasters you've unlocked is highlighted (I think you start with 4? available). Pop bumpers advance it, as do the flipper presses. So you can grab the ball, hold it, then use the other flipper to select one BEFORE or AFTER the one you want (because flipping it in will move it one, too) and get the one you want.
If you have the phone app, you can directly select disasters, too, which is a little easier.

How do you add disasters?

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How do you add disasters?

Pretty sure it adds one each time the phone is fully charged. Hit the scoop to collect one - repeat.

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

When lock is lit it diverts and falls off the back of upper playfield into the skill shot, which then sets you up with a upper flipper to ramp shot to lock a ball.

I'd like to see that happen. Mine for sure doesn't do that. Diverts to the pops only.

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

I'd like to see that happen. Mine for sure doesn't do that. Diverts to the pops only.

Ill grab a vid at some point but it does fall to pop area about 25 percent of the time but usually im skill area to upper flipper and then to lock.

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill grab a vid at some point but it does fall to pop area about 25 percent of the time but usually im skill area to upper flipper and then to lock.

would like to see this too b/c mine goes pop OR falls further foward and down to my flippers. It never has gone backward into skill area. Maybe you have to rock the machine to do this?

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

would like to see this too b/c mine goes pop OR falls further foward and down to my flippers. It never has gone backward into skill area. Maybe you have to rock the machine to do this?

If you replace whatever those dead stock rings up there are with marco white rubber, the extra bounciness helps.

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

A strong left ramp shot does this on mine/or goes in pop area and sets me up to lock a ball very nicely. ... id guess its by design knowing other pat l pins that also help with shots . Weaker shots fall off the front or go in the hole sometimes...

#1300 6 years ago

Also into pop area some times....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/26?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.