5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.
#1151 6 years ago

ok, tournament yesterday, and a nice guy bring back SW LE & DI LE (tanx for that Stef)

not have time to really put lots of games on these 2, but the fact that i'm posting here (and not on the SW topic) means i'm on the DI side...

of course need more plays/tests, feedback & codes updates, but i had confirmation of what i've seen on various videos available here & there

if i have money/free space available, for sure i would consider buying DI
and not talking as a JJP fan as i really hate Hobbit layout/gameplay...

#1152 6 years ago

After playing the game a few days now, I can't help but feel that Pat Lawlor delivered where jpop had failed. An original theme by a top designer, full of cool toys, lights, ramps, magnets, lcds, but this one plays well and is fun.

The original theme aspect of this really starts to pay off as you play it more and see more of the game. There are so many unique modes and multiballs. The game is not hamstrung by needing to stick to movie scenes. It really is quite the achievement. Congratulations to all those involved.

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

After playing the game a few days now, I can't help but feel that Pat Lawlor delivered where jpop had failed. An original theme by a top designer, full of cool toys, lights, ramps, magnets, lcds, but this one plays well and is fun.
The original theme aspect of this really starts to pay off as you play it more and see more of the game. There are so many unique modes and multiballs. The game is not hamstrung by needing to stick to movie scenes. It really is quite the achievement. Congratulations to all those involved.

The part I'm still most impressed with is the shot engineering. It shoots so smooth and just FEELS right. Very rare achievement. Gotta give Pat huge props for that.

#1154 6 years ago

Does anyone have a extra Dialed In comic they would sell? If you do pleases shoot me a PM . Thanks

#1155 6 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to swing the main LCD out so you can see the cpu behind it. Is there a latch or something? I'm not sure how to get it to come out.

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm trying to figure out how to swing the main LCD out so you can see the cpu behind it. Is there a latch or something? I'm not sure how to get it to come out.

Its locked in with 2 wooden pieces. Move/rotate them then lift the metal latches holding BOTH sides to swing out

#1157 6 years ago

Game is in the final position. I ended up taking my door off.

IMG_3523 (resized).JPGIMG_3523 (resized).JPG

#1158 6 years ago

Well found the source of my short which is very toasty kickback coil.
LTG, seems like it's a 23-800...I should be able to use a W/B 23-800 as long as I take the diode off?

20170904_162203 (resized).jpg20170904_162203 (resized).jpg

20170904_162322 (resized).jpg20170904_162322 (resized).jpg

#1159 6 years ago

Looks like it's just a fuse.

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Looks like it's just a fuse.

Around 8 9f them to be exact

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I should be able to use a W/B 23-800 as long as I take the diode off?

Yes.

I'd check the transistor driving it too.

LTG : )

#1162 6 years ago

Yep blows fuse with new coil as well. Fuse fine without the coil in circuit

#1163 6 years ago

This seems like such an obvious idea to me I'm just going to ask if it's already come up:

Why not take photos of the player for the high scores?

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Why not take photos of the player for the high scores?

Because you'll have somebody quick drop their pants and have a dick picture for high score.

Great idea. Poor in practice. Unless you do it so ops can turn it off.

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because you'll have somebody quick drop their pants and have a dick picture for high score.

LMAO!

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Depending on the location pics like that could bring in more $$$ for ops.

#1167 6 years ago

man, whats with the dudes and dick picks. ruining it for everyone.

The camera is such a unique part of the game, wish there was more usage of it.

#1168 6 years ago

Midway tried doing this with a video game. Once. Put it on test. Pulled it out almost immediately when the location went ballistic with the obscene pic in it.

End of what could have been a great game. Only one was ever made.

#1169 6 years ago

Played a bunch of dialed in today. It's a great game. love the flow. Love the shots. Really fun to play and watch others play.

#1170 6 years ago

After recently getting WOZ RR,I'm kind of keen on Dialed In.

I have played DI briefly,but not enough to make up my mind.I've followed the threads and watched a lot of videos of DI.

I know this has been touched on before,but the ball times seem long.Is this just a simple settings adjustment? To be able to make the game times shorter or more 'brutal' would almost have me putting down a deposit.
One thing I noticed was the station housing on the left side of the playfield has two different models,both appearing on the LE.Some LE's have one type of station,then other LE's have the other.

Sorry if this has been covered,but there is a heap of posts out there.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I know this has been touched on before,but the ball times seem long.Is this just a simple settings adjustment? To be able to make the game times shorter or more 'brutal' would almost have me putting down a deposit.
One thing I noticed was the station housing on the left side of the playfield has two different models,both appearing on the LE.Some LE's have one type of station,then other LE's have the other.

The earlier stations were only on the prototypes.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The earlier stations were only on the prototypes.

The earlier stations were the ones that didn't have what looks like a '3' on top of them?

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

The earlier stations were the ones that didn't have what looks like a '3' on top of them?

Yep, production above, prototype below:

DI station 3 (resized).jpgDI station 3 (resized).jpg

#1174 6 years ago

Thanks solar,the non proto one's look better to me.

#1175 6 years ago

Damn it, every time I look at this thread I think "I have got to get that game..." hooo boy... Maybe in a couple weeks!

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

After recently getting WOZ RR,I'm kind of keen on Dialed In.
I have played DI briefly,but not enough to make up my mind.I've followed the threads and watched a lot of videos of DI.
Sorry if this has been covered,but there is a heap of posts out there.

It's possible to make DI harder by opening the outlanes and turning extra balls to one or zero.
It'll never be IM but you can cut the ball times down.

On a side note I think woz is JJp's best game to date but I'm hoping DI code changes that.

#1177 6 years ago

Yep di is set up to easy from factory..... to many extra balls and long ball save. I turned most the eb off, magnets stronger, kickback harder and ball save down. Game is pretty difficult now especially when magnets are active.

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

On a side note I think woz is JJp's best game to date but I'm hoping DI code changes that.

That's encouraging to hear.

Was seeing a lot of outlane kickback action on DI.This can be toned down too?

Lawlor's kickback on my Gofers has never wanted me to look at the settings to adjust the frequency of it,if there is any.

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

That's encouraging to hear.
Was seeing a lot of outlane kickback action on DI.This can be toned down too?
Lawlor's kickback on my Gofers has never wanted me to look at the settings to adjust the frequency of it,if there is any.

Yep tons of ajustments for everything in the settings....

#1180 6 years ago

Jack told us the code was complete. I wonder if the code is still in dev....

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why not just use a pic from the selfie mode? No way you're putting up initials without activating that mode...

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from Nico:

Jack told us the code was complete. I wonder if the code is still in dev....

core game is complete. there will most likely be updates for bug fixes and enhancements. games shipped with 1.0 code installed and ready to go.

#1183 6 years ago

There doesn't seem to be anything "missing" and the game already has a lot of deep stuff and hidden multiballs and modes that are not the obvious disaster modes.

Hard to imagine what would be added other than tweaks and bugs.

#1184 6 years ago

Sean the Storm playing free pinball at Bloomingdale's

IMG_20170830_142300446_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20170830_142300446_HDR (resized).jpg

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought they already figured out how to get around this during selfie mode? When I put mine on route, we tested the camera during selfie mode quite a bit. If it doesn't get an image that looks like a face, it blocks the picture out. Middle finger, any finger signs, heavy cleavage, etc, it was all blocked out.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

If it doesn't get an image that looks like a face, it blocks the picture out.

Not hot dog!

#1187 6 years ago

So it seems like DI has AI.

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why not just use a pic from the selfie mode? No way you're putting up initials without activating that mode...

Well it doesn;t always take a picture of the player during selfie mode...which would actually be great if you cranked out a GC and someone watching got their picture up

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I thought they already figured out how to get around this during selfie mode? When I put mine on route, we tested the camera during selfie mode quite a bit. If it doesn't get an image that looks like a face, it blocks the picture out. Middle finger, any finger signs, heavy cleavage, etc, it was all blocked out.

It's clear DI is using some sort of facial recognition, and isn't just snapshotting the entire area like a normal camera.

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's clear DI is using some sort of facial recognition, and isn't just snapshotting the entire area like a normal camera.

It's pretty awesome that technology today can filter a lot of that out. However i think there would still be fear of people simply trying to slip something through. That would be disturbing enough... All we need is some moron then actually slipping through by drawing a face on his ding dong.

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It's pretty awesome that technology today can filter a lot of that out. However i think there would still be fear of people simply trying to slip something through. That would be disturbing enough... All we need is some moron then actually slipping through by drawing a face on his ding dong.

LOL! Luckily that's not how facial recognition works; you identify 5 points on the face - eyes, nose, mouth, chin, then measure the level of shadow between the nose. the 5 points are within a certain percentage distance from one another. if it is outside that threshold, the image is rejected/ignored/etc. But that won't stop some geniuses from trying, I'm sure!

#1192 6 years ago

A long time ago when I used to work in a video game store, we sold someone a used copy of Legend of Zelda for the NES. The father called the store irate because of swearing in the game that his kids saw. We didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Then we figured out that the previous owner had named their characters F___, so when you start the game and it shows the saved game slots, the F word was staring right at you. Obviously we're not going to check every game for the chance someone might leave a saved game with the word F.

It didn't matter to this father than the F was not part of the game, that we didn't put it there. All that mattered to him was that his kids had to look at it, even if was temporary and could be deleted.

So, I have to concede the point that the risk is too high to have DI's on location that are showing someone's ass or a middle finger or whatever.

#1193 6 years ago

Keep in mind that there will be further software updates. Ted talked about having photos for high scores at Expo so I imagine it's on the roadmap for the next release.

#1194 6 years ago

Can we ask JJP to create the hardware and programming on WOZ and TH. To add a camera and for it to take photos next to high scores etc.

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Keep in mind that there will be further software updates. Ted talked about having photos for high scores at Expo so I imagine it's on the roadmap for the next release.

Cool. If that have an operator off feature, I guess that will solve most problems.

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
I'd check the transistor driving it too.

Transistor & diode blown...sending me out a new board now.

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Transistor & diode blown...sending me out a new board now.

Sounds like your still playable without the kickback.... I thought you said you were cleaning or working on something then the problem happened but can’t find your post - any idea what happened or just a coincidence?

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Sounds like your still playable without the kickback.... I thought you said you were cleaning or working on something then the problem happened but can’t find your post - any idea what happened or just a coincidence?

Yep it'll play sans kickback and of course the game will launch a new ball for you anyway, so I got that going for me

Right I had waxed it and it was topside work only, so I have no damn idea what did it, if anything. And that coil is tucked tightly under the apron, with the lugs hanging out just a smidgeon under the PF. There is the big steel bracket next to the coil but I don't see how they could touch; It's a mystery. That's a pricey board @ $550+ so luckily it's under warranty.

We'll see how long it takes to ship but I put in the order and they were johnny on the spot to deal with it first thing in the morning

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep it'll play sans kickback and of course the game will launch a new ball for you anyway, so I got that going for me
Right I had waxed it and it was topside work only, so I have no damn idea what did it, if anything. And that coil is tucked tightly under the apron, with the lugs hanging out just a smidgeon under the PF. There is the big steel bracket next to the coil but I don't see how they could touch; It's a mystery. That's a pricey board @ $550+ so luckily it's under warranty.
We'll see how long it takes to ship but I put in the order and they were johnny on the spot to deal with it first thing in the morning

Can new transistors be put on the board like older pins?

#1200 6 years ago

Yes transistors are changeable the same way as always.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/24?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.