5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 34.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting...I've been playing for 90 minutes and i have 0 orbits to flipper. I actually just crank the power up on the flipper, only played one game didn't go to flipper ever...mystery

Weird. Mine is at factory settings too

#1102 6 years ago

Is there a diverter behind the pops like on afm, mm and mb?

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there a diverter behind the pops like on afm, mm and mb?

Nope. It just drops through a one-way gate into the pops if the ball is going slow enough, otherwise it goes to the upper right flipper.

#1104 6 years ago

"I loved playing this on route"

Every game is fun on route. It's the home environment that counts for me. Thankfully it looks like DI it's getting full support from the team, all other JJP games have been backburner-ed.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Every game is fun on route.

Man if only that were true

1 week later
#1106 6 years ago

Slash is Dialed In!

IMG_0869.JPGIMG_0869.JPG

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Slash is Dialed In!

So was Duff! That's awesome. I'd like to know what he thought of it and if he ordered one.

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So was Duff! That's awesome. I'd like to know what he thought of it and if he ordered one.

He owned a WoZ, but I'm not sure if he sold it when he divorced and sold his house.

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He owned a WoZ, but I'm not sure if he sold it when he divorced and sold his house.

Yea, didn't Slash sell all of his personal collection like three years ago or something along those lines? Good to see him playing.

#1110 6 years ago

He owned an ECLE and after the period you mentioned he bought himself a new 75th. He still loves WOZ and pinball in general and has for a long time. As most know, he was the reason DE finally built the GnR game that they were at first reluctant to make. Great story.

#1111 6 years ago

Question: My daughter has been trying to get to selfie mode for the last 2 days and after 15 games she has not gotten to it, how do you start this mode?

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Question: My daughter has been trying to get to selfie mode for the last 2 days and after 15 games she has not gotten to it, how do you start this mode?

Spelling bob on left lights the Bob award in the left orbit. I believe they are randomly picked as to which mode starts but it's in there

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spelling bob on left lights the Bob award in the left orbit. I believe they are randomly picked as to which mode starts but it's in there

That's correct.

@Concretehardt, do you have your camera covered or disabled, by any chance? Selfie Mode would be kinda lame without it, so I'd be willing to bet it's disabled if the camera is.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

That's correct.
Concretehardt, do you have your camera covered or disabled, by any chance? Selfie Mode would be kinda lame without it, so I'd be willing to bet it's disabled if the camera is.

It puts up a generic graphic if it can't take a picture.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It puts up a generic graphic if it can't take a picture.

I've seen the "D.I.E." logo a few times

#1116 6 years ago

Question on the lights around the frame of the cell phone. It looks like the lower right on the bottom is not lit. Is it supposed to be lit with the others?

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

That's correct.
Concretehardt, do you have your camera covered or disabled, by any chance? Selfie Mode would be kinda lame without it, so I'd be willing to bet it's disabled if the camera is.

I will check, also on the scratch the lottery ticket mode I thought there was some player/camera interaction but the ticket just scratches off by itself.. not sure if that is how its supposed to work?

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I will check, also on the scratch the lottery ticket mode I thought there was some player/camera interaction but the ticket just scratches off by itself.. not sure if that is how its supposed to work?

This one confused/confuses me too. I believe the first scratch is the camera one...with a big lottery ticket on the screen. It may just give it to you after awHile? Anyway, after that I believe it's then lit in the theatre shot. Maybe it alternates small screen to big screen?

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This one confused/confuses me too. I believe the first scratch is the camera one...with a big lottery ticket on the screen. It may just give it to you after awHile? Anyway, after that I believe it's then lit in the theatre shot. Maybe it alternates small screen to big screen?

Color me confused, too. That's why there's an entry on the "needs attention" section of the bug list about better callouts of exactly what to do when a ticket is on screen. Most times waving doesn't seem to work at all, but sometimes it does. It needs some clarity added with callouts.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Question on the lights around the frame of the cell phone. It looks like the lower right on the bottom is not lit. Is it supposed to be lit with the others?

Mine is the same - the one next to the lower right corner, "Phone 17". It works fine in testing, but doesn't appear to ever light during play.

It's DI's version of FG's Stewie light, or CSI's Suspect Shakedown and Fingerprint Frenzy lights (although those were all at least used in attract mode).

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most times waving doesn't seem to work at all, but sometimes it does. It needs some clarity added with callouts.

Agreed. Notice next time you start it there's a big scratch off on the screen and wave at it...then it heads down to the theatre.

2 weeks later
#1122 6 years ago

Got a chance to put about 20 games on this locally. I think it was setup a little hard with the ball drain on the right outside lane. Extra ball at 250k and no free games - at least I never got one with a score over 1 million.

Not sure how the drone area and magnets are suppose to work but it seemed to only be a minor part of the game.

The ball kicked out of the phone with different velcity at times - some of which went sdtm.

The first few games had me wanting to go play something else but lucky I stuck it out and the game grew on me as I started to understand some of the rules. Definitely a fun and challenging game that I would like to put some more time on after reading the rule set.

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I think it was setup a little hard with the ball drain on the right outside lane.

You gotta keep the ball out of the right in/outlanes for sure...that right one feels like 70% of my loses (maybe I should check).

#1124 6 years ago

IMG_3514 (resized).JPGIMG_3514 (resized).JPG

#1125 6 years ago

In lottery ticket Crazy Bob mode, it say lock 3 balls to start multi ball. Does that mean scratch off 3 tickets or am I missing something?

#1126 6 years ago

Congrats frolic!

Would love to have one myself one day.

#1127 6 years ago

Chris Frolic:

Welcome to the JJP world!

#1128 6 years ago

Ack, the head is a touch wider than a Stern, and just wide enough to not clear my door. I'll have to take the door off the hinge for that extra inch of clearance.

Does anyone know if DI head removes easy? or is it a big process? More work than taking my door off the hinge? If it's a couple of connections maybe the head should come off, but if its 2 dozen then I won't bother.

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ack, the head is a touch wider than a Stern, and just wide enough to not clear my door. I'll have to take the door off the hinge for that extra inch of clearance.
Does anyone know if DI head removes easy? or is it a big process? More work than taking my door off the hinge? If it's a couple of connections maybe the head should come off, but if its 2 dozen then I won't bother.

Door off the hinge will be way easier.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"I loved playing this on route"
Every game is fun on route. It's the home environment that counts for me. Thankfully it looks like DI it's getting full support from the team, all other JJP games have been backburner-ed.

Boy I hope that is not true. I am getting a DI but I have other games that need attention too!!

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from PinMonk:

It really isn't that hard to remove the JJP game backboxes (and the PF, for that matter) - the backbox is about 4 connectors. The PF is about 10. No big deal. Takes about 3 minutes longer than removing the door. But yeah removing the hinges on the door is still faster

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It really isn't that hard to remove the JJP game backboxes (and the PF, for that matter) - the backbox is about 4 connectors. The PF is about 10. No big deal. Takes about 3 minutes longer than removing the door. But yeah removing the hinges on the door is still faster

Would you rather risk scratching the door taking it off or scratching the head taking it off? I would take the door off. It's easier and less risky.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

More work than taking my door off the hinge?

W....T....F?!?!

#1134 6 years ago

So I went and remeasured everything. The door itself is 30". DI is 29", but the door how to rests open eats a bit of space. Just enough to make this particular game a problem. I have a spiderman that is leaving my collection and was already removed from my basement, and that is 27.5" wide.

Possibly, if this wasn't a super delicate pinball machine I'd just squeeze it in, but not going to risk it. so plan B it is.

#1135 6 years ago

Are we still talking aboot taking a door of a hinge?

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

so plan B it is.

Tonight I play in the garage.

IMG_3518 (resized).JPGIMG_3518 (resized).JPG

#1137 6 years ago

Cause of the door hinge?

#1138 6 years ago

IMG_3519 (resized).JPGIMG_3519 (resized).JPG

#1139 6 years ago

Lol.... love it....

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cause of the door hinge?

I'm guess Frolic does not have access to a hammer and flathead screwdriver. Or else he has some fancy door hinges.

#1141 6 years ago

Congrats Frolic. Looking forward to hearing your review of it.

#1142 6 years ago

Does frolic have a USA model in Canada?
That's why it won't fit through the door!

#1143 6 years ago

That pic is a bit incongruous. Such a beautiful machine relegated to the garage!

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

That pic is a bit incongruous. Such a beautiful machine relegated to the garage!

Next photo you see it will be in the first position of my arcade lineup, much better spot. .

Quoted from TheLaw:

Cause of the door hinge?

Not the hinge, the door itself. Where it hangs open, it's too tight, but if the door came off that extra width of the door would become available.

#1145 6 years ago

Fast thoughts:

The build date of my machine is August 16 and it had the scoop protector in from the factory, also came with felt cabinet spacers for the legs.

This is my first JJP machine, so my first time to be impressed with the "fit & finish" of the machine. It's also heavy as hell, by far the heaviest pinball I've personally moved. Likely from all the "real" wood in the cabinet.

After setting it up in my garage, removing the packing foam from the playfield, putting the balls in, I played a bunch of games with no tweaks needed. It played real nice and smooth and I was making all shots. All I need to do is move it down into my arcade.

My wife synced the blue tooth app without problem and was flipping from her phone.

Playfield is super impressive to gaze upon, packed with pinball stuff. Ramps, toys, crazy light show.

Game was as fun as the first time I tried it. I look forward to exploring the rules more.

My one quibble, playing it at home and hearing the sound properly, is that the call out style is too "flat". I realize they're doing newscaster style, but hearing the word "Jackpot" said flat just doesn't get your blood pumping. I hope that is something they might revisit and punch up a few call outs, especially the Jackpots, and Multiballs.

I do like the SimCity style and the news broadcast overall is fun and neat. So overall I like it, but you can always make it better.

Game itself shoots like butter, and I expect it to be one of the most popular games in my collection, especially with newbies because it doesn't punish you as much as some other games.

#1146 6 years ago

Is there any way to replace the call outs or music on this machine? I.e. Browser...

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Is there any way to replace the call outs or music on this machine? I.e. Browser...

Crazy!

Game is a masterpiece as is.

#1148 6 years ago

I just played a game with my kids for the first time. They've never seen the game before. We turned up the volume and they had the most fun playing a pinball that I've ever seen. My youngest son was reading the headlines out loud to practice his reading, they immediately understood the concept of the disasters, and they were hooting and hollering like I've never heard before.

And then.... selfie mode. They just about lost their minds and squeezed in to have their photos taken while I was playing my ball.

And yes, a phone in the game had them immediately drawn to it.

I've had a lot of new games come through my hands, and this was a unique experience with my kids. They ate it up.

#1149 6 years ago

My cliffy set came in today. What's required to install the SIM card hole? Remove entire ramp assembly? A few screws and connectors from underneath?

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My cliffy set came in today. What's required to install the SIM card hole? Remove entire ramp assembly? A few screws and connectors from underneath?

Look at the key posts on this or the other unboxing thread, there's a link to pics I took when I did it. Basically just take two screws out on the ramp and turn it a little to get it past the station, then rest it on the QED guy. The posts on each side on top are wood screws, so you remove them from the top with a 1/4" wrench. You have to loosen the ball trough from the bottom to put the side pieces on, if I remember right. It's a pretty quick install, maybe 20 minutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.