5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 34.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Love the game but have had a few annoying issues:
1. Balls stick in trough sometimes for a few minutes before getting into shooter lane; I have tried increase the trough power with no change
2. My lightning bolt was too long causing interference to ball on wire form despite changing orientation of bolt; I trimmed it and it's ok but why should it happen
3. Now the trapdoor in the left orbit is broken.... getting a message that the switch is malfunctioning
It's an LE, one of the early releases; starting to feel like I got a bad one

Please email me ([email protected]) and I will get you in touch with tech support today.

Thanks!
Jen

#1052 6 years ago

Yay Jen!!! Love that JJP's got a vocal presence here again!

#1053 6 years ago

You just need to put a little grease on the actuator for the trap door release solenoid, where the lip of the actuator catches on the door mechanism.

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I was just thinking the same thing when I had a friend over to play as I was explaining the rules.

After changing the orientation of the sign, had a ball get trapped behind it like I thought would be possible. So I made a clear plastic barrier from the end of the sign to near the station exit. It's quick and dirty (secured to the wireform anchor for the station exit wireform), but it seems to be working okay. Much nicer being able to read the sign while playing.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

After changing the orientation of the sign, had a ball get trapped behind it like I thought would be possible. So I made a clear plastic barrier from the end of the sign to near the station exit. It's quick and dirty (secured to the wireform anchor for the station exit wireform), but it seems to be working okay. Much nicer being able to read the sign while playing.

Can u post a pic please

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

1. Balls stick in trough sometimes for a few minutes before getting into shooter lane; I have tried increase the trough power with no change

Try more power, then less power, then this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Quoted from ngg:

3. Now the trapdoor in the left orbit is broken.... getting a message that the switch is malfunctioning

See picture - if it's sticking. Or the axle with the big C clip, lightly grease or oil the moving parts on the other side of that C clip and work the mech up and down a few times so it operates smoothly.

LTG : )

Trap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpgTrap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpg

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try more power, then less power, then this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

See picture - if it's sticking. Or the axle with the big C clip, lightly grease or oil the moving parts on the other side of that C clip and work the mech up and down a few times so it operates smoothly.

what type of oil or grease do you recommend?

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Pretty much anything you have on hand. Wipe off excess so it doesn't get elsewhere.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I made red arrows where to put some. Both sides of pivot point, and a tiny dab where the latch hooks. A little grease or oil, work the mech a few times to get it working smooth on the metal to metal areas. Wipe off excess.

Below the playfield I'm not too fussy what to use.

On top of the playfield. I prefer hobby lubes or oils that are plastic compatible. So if it gets anywhere else, it won't hurt anything.

DITrap (resized).JPGDITrap (resized).JPG

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can u post a pic please

Sure thing. This is just a piece of PET-G I had laying around from The Shadow. Once I establish it works, I'll make a legit one that will cover from the Station exit to the Crazy Bob sign. The gap that's there now is high enough that an airball is unlikely in that area, so I'm not worried. So far, so good.

The two crazy bob sign feet that had to be moved to angle the sign are just held on with 3M double sided adhesive tape so this can be reversed if need be (I can't imagine wanting the stock way again, though).

Bob_shield (resized).jpgBob_shield (resized).jpg

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure thing. This is just a piece of PET-G I had laying around from The Shadow. Once I establish it works, I'll make a legit one that will cover from the Station exit to the Crazy Bob sign. The gap that's there now is high enough that an airball is unlikely in that area, so I'm not worried. So far, so good.
The two crazy bob sign feet that had to be moved to angle the sign are just held on with 3M double sided adhesive tape so this can be reversed if need be (I can't imagine wanting the stock way again, though).

I would be afraid an airball off the yellow standups would break the lights..

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Love the game but have had a few annoying issues:
2. My lightning bolt was too long causing interference to ball on wire form despite changing orientation of bolt; I trimmed it and it's ok but why should it happen
It's an LE, one of the early releases; starting to feel like I got a bad one

Here's what to check on the trap door. Mine was also getting stuck so I noticed the spring on the coil plunger was on backwards. The end of the spring was not coming over the coil sleeve but was at the top of the sleeve. I guess the little fiction it caused against the plunger was keeping the door from dropping. All I did was turn the spring around and made sure the spring come over the lip of the coil sleeve. It has worked ever since. Hope that helps.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I would be afraid an airball off the yellow standups would break the lights..

They're set back. Even if the ball hit the target and went straight up (unlikely), it would miss the lights on the sign. I'll keep playing with it this way, but I think that's a very unlikely scenario.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for posting. I'm going to fix mine tonight. Looks good what you have done.

#1065 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been addressed, could not find it. My theater magnet is dropping the ball instead of throwing it back. It set it at -155 and then +155 with no change. What's the proper setting and is there any other adjustment I need to make? Thanks

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry if this has been addressed, could not find it. My theater magnet is dropping the ball instead of throwing it back. It set it at -155 and then +155 with no change. What's the proper setting and is there any other adjustment I need to make? Thanks

All are different. Some are at -80 some more. Mine was -125. Just keep playing with it you'll find it.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

-155 seems excessive. With -155 it may be waiting too long to pulse the magnet and losing the ball. I'd try -80 and work down -10 at a time (-80, -90, -100, etc) until you get one that works.

#1068 6 years ago

Thanks! -80 seems.to have done the trick.

Now on to why they haven't enabled the topper or the yellow plugs behind the backboard yet. I really hope we don't have to wait on that like we did for the hobbit.

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks! -80 seems.to have done the trick.
Now on to why they haven't enabled the topper or the yellow plugs behind the backboard yet. I really hope we don't have to wait on that like we did for the hobbit.

Topper and yellow plugs?

#1070 6 years ago

I am sure this will seem like a silly question but I am not familiar with The Shadow so the references do not click with me. People say to adjust the theater magnet to around -80 to keep the ball from dropping and instead throw it back. What exactly does this mean?

I am guessing it means that if you shoot the ball from the flipper into the theater, but not hard enough for it to continue upwards, that the magnet is supposed to "help it along it upwards path" instead of dropping it straight back down. That is of course a guess. Could someone please give more details so I can determine if I need to adjust my setting. Thanks

#1071 6 years ago

At certain times in the game, the magnet grabs and holds the ball. Upon release, it should throw it back instead of just dropping it down towards the flippers. I have not found the correct setting yet so that it throws it back every time. I've tried -155, -90, 90 and 155.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

At certain times in the game, the magnet grabs and holds the ball. Upon release, it should throw it back instead of just dropping it down towards the flippers. I have not found the correct setting yet so that it throws it back every time. I've tried -155, -90, 90 and 155.

In device tests, choose the theater test. Close the coin door and place a ball in the theater. It will attempt to throw the ball back, if that doesn't happen, adjust the setting and repeat. The test mode is the easiest, fastest way to get this dialed in.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The test mode is the easiest, fastest way to get this dialed in.

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

In device tests, choose the theater test. Close the coin door and place a ball in the theater. It will attempt to throw the ball back, if that doesn't happen, adjust the setting and repeat. The test mode is the easiest, fastest way to get this dialed in.

Thank you!

#1075 6 years ago

Just an FYI,

Not every magnet stop will pull the ball through the theater. The EMP strike mode, inline drop targets, and busting the train doors just allow the ball to drop back towards the flippers.

#1076 6 years ago

I only got about a handful of plays on a DI the other day; I thought it was fantastic....$9k fantastic? I dunno about that. But still a great game in the very limited plays i had. Question i have that maybe some owners or fans can answer:

- BIB BANG shot. Is this the money shot? This is what i love about pinball; when i hit that shot and got an explosion and the display showed the big score, that's what i love, the money shot! But, can it be built up to a large number for a big cash in like AC/DC? or is it relatively the same cash in?

- BOB modes: the sign above the BOB targets showed 3 rewards. I didnt explore this too much, but there's certainly more than 3 modes/rewards to this. What i love about JJP games like WOZ crystal ball and BOB reward is the color changing insert reflects the reward. Love this kind of programming and thought. So to my question, how many modes/rewards are associated with BOB and what does BOB stand for?

- Disaster modes. Disaster modes and multiball are all started on the phone scoop right? Does this cause a problem with stacking? It seemed like if you wanted to start a disaster then start a multiball, the disaster mode would be nearly over by the time you get multiball going. Am i missing something? How is the overall stacking in this game? It looks very similar to WOZ which i love (BOB modes, Station Multiballs, Theater Modes, Drone modes, Disaster modes)...very similar to woz stacking, no? This is a good thing, i think WOZ is a stacking pingasm. Is DI similar?

- Last question: I didnt have time to explore but what are some of the basic guideline rules surrounding the main inserts in front of the flippers? At one time, i had almost all lit, but i think one was flashing and i think (if i remember correctly) my next ball the lights were all out. So they seemed more like a per ball insert matrix like a lot of lawlor games, and not a per game insert matrix. is this correct?

Couple initial impressions on my limited play:
-Game seems very casual in a good way. Relaxing, entertaining. JJP did a really good job and immersing the player into the theme with call outs and integration - very well done. I dont want to say it lacked in sound effects, but there was definitely a throw back feel to old sys11 games in the sound package - it wasnt over the top great, but wasnt bad by any means and kind of fun.

- Game Seems to lack Adrenalin and excitement factor but thats not a bad thing cause not all pinball is like that. This game seemed more casual and relaxing in a good way. Like an older 80's style pin (WW, Taxi, FH, traditional B/W feel) with modern technology. This is what i liked about the game - but ball times did seem to be a concern, though the location i was playing gave out extra balls like candy it seemed. So hopefully code matches a 3-ball experience? And are ball times relatively long on this game? its not a bad or good thing. Personally, i like a good average game to last 10-15 mins and be able to explore a lot of the features with occassional 20min+ games that don't feel repetitive.

- Theater shot was awesome! what a cool shot. Lawlor does it again. Felt like shrunken head meets TF, meets ST. Inner loop to upper flipper felt great. And hitting the theater object and it coming back was cool. The upper flipper ramp shot return is awesome. It's like a ramp and orbit all in one.

- EDIT: Oh yea, the magnets and use of magnets and attacks on the flippers were integrated great.

Overall, JJP did an outstanding job with this title. WOZ was my favorite JJP title and they did phenomenal with WOZ; but DI looks like it's going to be better. That pricetag though is going to be a tough cookie to chew.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

-95 was good on mine.

#1078 6 years ago

I don't want to copy all of Eskaybee's comments about adrenaline but I think I understand it. I I think the lack of "adrenaline" came for me in the form of enjoyment. Sure I wanted to try not to lose balls, but I just generally was having such a blast making shots and playing the game that I didn't feel frustrated when I lost a ball. Just pull the plunger and play the next ball.

I definitely look forward to approaching the game. It's just fun taking my turn.

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I don't want to copy all of Eskaybee's comments about adrenaline but I think I understand it. I I think the lack of "adrenaline" came for me in the form of enjoyment. Sure I wanted to try not to lose balls, but I just generally was having such a blast making shots and playing the game that I didn't feel frustrated when I lost a ball. Just pull the plunger and play the next ball.
I definitely look forward to approaching the game. It's just fun taking my turn.

It's very choosy on when it ramps up the tension. When the attacks are coming in and you have to gain control and respond with a well-placed shot, that's pretty tense. But yeah, the general speed of the game doesn't cause much of an adrenaline rush.

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- BOB modes: the sign above the BOB targets showed 3 rewards. I didnt explore this too much, but there's certainly more than 3 modes/rewards to this. What i love about JJP games like WOZ crystal ball and BOB reward is the color changing insert reflects the reward. Love this kind of programming and thought. So to my question, how many modes/rewards are associated with BOB and what does BOB stand for?

Extra ball is a solitary reward.
Crazy modes can be 3 (?) rewards, Bonus Multiplier, Selfie Mode, Emoji Mode
Quick Multiball can be 3 rewards, Drone Multiball, High Voltage Multiball, and Monkey Wrench Multiball.

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's very choosy on when it ramps up the tension. When the attacks are coming in and you have to gain control and respond with a well-placed shot, that's pretty tense. But yeah, the general speed of the game doesn't cause much of an adrenaline rush.

I think this nails what i was trying to say. See jar155 we can agree on some things

General speed isnt an Adrenalin rush as JAR said, and the call outs didnt seem to get me too pumped. Its a 'fun' immersive game where those attacks coming in and magnets flinging balls that keep you on your toes, but not at a high energy level like IM - but just as rewarding. Like i said previously, that's not a negative on the game - it's the style. And yea, the shots were fun and exciting in themselves.

Maybe i should throw this in the DI v SW thread: but, i played both next to each other. I only played a handful of games on both so this is first initial impressions. I enjoyed both in totally different ways. I came away from DI feeling like i had a fun time and wanted to explore more. It was casual, and more stress free - it felt like traditional pinball. I came away from SW a sweaty mess (exaggerated but not by much); it gets your blood pumping and Adrenalin going. Two totally polar opposite games. I didnt come away from either feeling like i had to have one or the other in my collection; but If I had to choose one, with price aside, it would be DI. But, at just over $5k, SW Pro is hard to beat value wise - and while it looked like an empty playfield, it didnt feel or play like an empty playfield.

This leads me to my next question. At $8k standard DI, what is missing vs the LE? I know invisiglass + powder coating are the noticeable differences, but what else? And is $8k/$9k the shipped price? If it's $8k shipped, thats not far off from an SW PREM; if not, then it's about $1k difference, and $3k over the pro. After buying WOZ 2nd hand and not having jjp support for the light boards, i dont think i'd want a DI used. But still, $9k NIB is hard to wrap my head around on this one. then there's AFMr right in the middle. So many choices in pinball is a good thing....and yet, a bad thing lol. and yeas, im just mumbling at blabbering on at this point

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This leads me to my next question. At $8k standard DI, what is missing vs the LE?

It's all cosmetic. I'm in on an LE, but I don't have any compelling argument why anybody should buy that over the standard. You still get a shaker, it's identical in regards to gameplay, and for many lighting situations, Invisiglass isn't that big of an upgrade. It really comes down to how much you value powder coating, some extra lights, and a few other finishing touches. The standard is the smart buy, the LE is the luxury buy, and the CE is the vanity buy.

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think this nails what i was trying to say. See jar155 we can agree on some things
General speed isnt an Adrenalin rush as JAR said, and the call outs didnt seem to get me too pumped. Its a 'fun' immersive game where those attacks coming in and magnets flinging balls that keep you on your toes, but not at a high energy level like IM - but just as rewarding. Like i said previously, that's not a negative on the game - it's the style. And yea, the shots were fun and exciting in themselves.
Maybe i should throw this in the DI v SW thread: but, i played both next to each other. I only played a handful of games on both so this is first initial impressions. I enjoyed both in totally different ways. I came away from DI feeling like i had a fun time and wanted to explore more. It was casual, and more stress free - it felt like traditional pinball. I came away from SW a sweaty mess (exaggerated but not by much); it gets your blood pumping and Adrenalin going. Two totally polar opposite games. I didnt come away from either feeling like i had to have one or the other in my collection; but If I had to choose one, with price aside, it would be DI. But, at just over $5k, SW Pro is hard to beat value wise - and while it looked like an empty playfield, it didnt feel or play like an empty playfield.
This leads me to my next question. At $8k standard DI, what is missing vs the LE? I know invisiglass + powder coating are the noticeable differences, but what else? And is $8k/$9k the shipped price? If it's $8k shipped, thats not far off from an SW PREM; if not, then it's about $1k difference, and $3k over the pro. After buying WOZ 2nd hand and not having jjp support for the light boards, i dont think i'd want a DI used. But still, $9k NIB is hard to wrap my head around on this one. then there's AFMr right in the middle. So many choices in pinball is a good thing....and yet, a bad thing lol. and yeas, im just mumbling at blabbering on at this point

Shaker, lighted ramps are missing on standard.

I agree with everything you said. SW is like ironman, but with deeper code. Di is just a really fun pin.

#1084 6 years ago

The shaker is included in the standard, but no invisiglass, lighted ramp, no powder coating, and a difference in the back panel art. There are a few other things, but nothing huge.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Shaker, lighted ramps are missing on standard.
I agree with everything you said. SW is like ironman, but with deeper code. Di is just a really fun pin.

Ive read some of your posts in other threads. I think these 2 pins would be great next to each other. They each grab different aspects of pinball that we (or at least I) love. SW Fast and ferocious - DI traditional pinball fun (something that isnt found in modern pinball and Lawlor, Ted, and team recaptured it wonderfully).

Quoted from jar155:

The shaker is included in the standard, but no invisiglass, lighted ramp, no powder coating, and a difference in the back panel art. There are a few other things, but nothing huge.

Yea, those lighted ramps.....that's the big thing cause all the rest can be added later, but not the ramps. Guess i'd have to see a standard in person to tell if that feature is necessary or not. Doesn't seem like a bad choice to move up on the LE honestly.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ive read some of your posts in other threads. I think these 2 pins would be great next to each other.

I'll let you knwo if they ever damn come in

#1087 6 years ago

You can see a video of the standard edition from the Colorado pinball collective folks and Ryan from comet.

#1088 6 years ago

The characters in the phone for each disaster have names that are sometimes amusing:

Acid Rain - Spring Meadows
Alien Invasion - Rusty Spade
Earth shaker Justin Thyme
EMP Strike - Tony Pepperoni
Eruption - Jenna Tonic
Flash Fires - Roland Past
Meteor Shower - Sergeant Bellows
Singularity - Professor Fermion
Sinkholes - Bull Dozer
Tidal Wave - Jacques Flounder
Whirlwind - Anita Goodman

#1089 6 years ago

Got a chance to get in some games of Dialed In during Replay. The game certainly grew on me as I played more. The sound/music was very well done and appropriate to what was going on in the game. My wife was cracking up during selfie mode I know there is a lot of talk about the emoji and selfie modes being pure gimmick but it works well and adds to the fun without being annoying. The playfield had a good flow to it. The 'news cast' theme of the display makes it a lot of fun just to watch someone play. The only technical issue I saw during Replay was when my daughter shot an airball and knocked the lightning bolts out of the guys hands

I have an AFMR on the way but I have to say after playing DI this weekend, choice of my next pin became a lot tougher I love Cactus Canyon so there is part of my really holding out to see if/when Chicago Gaming finishes and re-releases this pin. On the other hand, DI was a blast and I think Jersey Jack did a good job of incorporating new tech in a way that enhances the overall experience. This has me tempted to go with DI over another classic 90's game. I am very anxious to see what DI owners have to say after having the table in hand for a few months.

#1090 6 years ago

I loved playing this on route. Lots to do. Very solid and fun game play.

#1091 6 years ago

Has anyone else seen slow left orbits on this game? The one I play feels clunky. Flipper power too low?

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Has anyone else seen slow left orbits on this game? The one I play feels clunky. Flipper power too low?

Just what i was aboot to ask. I have mine set a little high maybe 7.3 or so and a left orbit shot does not go all the way to the flipper....is it supposed to go around or head to the pops?

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just what i was aboot to ask. I have mine set a little high maybe 7.3 or so and a left orbit shot does not go all the way to the flipper....is it supposed to go around or head to the pops?

Check your trap door ramp flap, it may be slowing the ball down if it's curling up. I noticed mine curling up a little, but I have no issue making it around. I saw mine curling and the first thing I thought of was having g to replace it like I did on my hobbit. Wonder if this should be considered one of those bugs.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check your trap door ramp flap, it may be slowing the ball down if it's curling up. I noticed mine curling up a little, but I have no issue making it around.

I'll take a look but it should be down pretty tight after I just spruced it up a bit. But you can tell if feels weak off the flip.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll take a look but it should be down pretty tight after I just spruced it up a bit. But you can tell if feels weak off the flip.

The right flipper definitely feels weaker than the left on my game, I think it's intentional, but not so much you can't make the look or the ramp.

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The right flipper definitely feels weaker than the left on my game, I think it's intentional, but not so much you can't make the look or the ramp.

Do your orbit shots go to the pops or around to upper flipper?

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Check the switch that's on the left ramp. Leeb18509 was having an issue where it was too tight and taking speed off the ball, causing shots to dribble into the pops that should go around. He adjusted it out.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Check the switch that's on the left ramp. leeb18509 was having an issue where it was too tight and taking speed off the ball, causing shots to dribble into the pops that should go around. He adjusted it out.

So when the switch was adjusted the pinball went all the way around with ease?

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I never really paid attention so I fired a few games off tonight and out of about 8 left orbit shots that didn't go in trap door 4 went to flipper and the rest hit pops. I did notice it has to be a very clean shot to hit the flipper. I like it because it forces you to hit that shot perfect if you want to hit flipper.

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

out of about 8 left orbit shots that didn't go in trap door 4 went to flipper and the rest hit pops.

Interesting...I've been playing for 90 minutes and i have 0 orbits to flipper. I actually just crank the power up on the flipper, only played one game didn't go to flipper ever...mystery

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/22?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.