5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 34.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I recently ended a 7 month, 14 game, nearly $100,000, pinball shopping spree. Now I want to buy a GOT LE and TWD LE but I don't have any more room. I started putting games in other people's basements! As long as you can afford them without issue and have the room for them, buy away!

Geez. I'm in the wrong occupation

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The pro is way better.

Don't you just LOVE when the pro is better?

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The pro is way better.

How so? I've only played the LE and I like the artwork much more on it too.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What!!
You serial?
What Star wars remake?

Episode 8.

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Geez. I'm in the wrong occupation

And it only took 13 years of school and training after high school to get my job. But the other half of the story in my case is that it also helps to have rich parents that still spoil you at 37.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Episode 8.

And it only took 13 years of school and training after high school to get my job. But the other half of the story in my case is that it also helps to have rich parents that still spoil you at 37.

Wow 13 years! I can't concentrate in school for 13 seconds

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

The pro just plays much better without that playfield being in the way and has a much nicer flow to it. Yeah, the art is rougher on the pro, but the game is more fun on the pro.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Wow 13 years! I can't concentrate in school for 13 seconds

Yeah I did 4 years under grad, 4 years med school, 1 year internship, 3 years internal med residency (> 80 hrs/week), 2 years allergy fellowship and people think physicians make a lot of money and are just taking it easy.. bah humbug!

#1007 6 years ago

The CE Dialed in comes with free lunch!

#1008 6 years ago

I've got the theater magnet shooting the ball around back. The only time it's not doing it is during emp disaster. It catches the ball and just lets it drop. Is everyone's magnet doing this during emp. Almost every time it drains it right down the middle.

#1009 6 years ago

Its not supposed to throw it backwards every time but sldnt drop it down the middle when it dont lol.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not supposed to throw it backwards every time but sldnt drop it down the middle when it dont lol.

I've played emp about 10 times now. 9 out of 10 it drops right down the middle. Is there a way to adjust the magnet from doing this?

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I've played emp about 10 times now. 9 out of 10 it drops right down the middle. Is there a way to adjust the magnet from doing this?

Are you level left to right? It usually drops it slightly left on the one here.

#1012 6 years ago

Yes I'm perfect level. I'm also at 6.5.

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Maybe nudge the machine just as it is about to drop it.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Yes. It's buried in the "test" options. When working properly it should throw it up and around.

Edit: Just realized you're talking about EMP mode. Not sure it's supposed to throw the ball up during that mode.

#1015 6 years ago

I got it. I dropped the back left leg about 1/2 turn still showing level but it gave it just enough to hit the end of the left flipper.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

It's buried in the "test" options.

It's in Devices.

LTG : )

#1017 6 years ago

Anyone know what the 4 apron leds are for? I've only seen them on when I enter the menu.

#1018 6 years ago

From JJP about the led's on the arch. "they kind of indicate where to put the phone when playing with Bluetooth other than that they really don't have a real function yet maybe in later codes "

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Anyone know what the 4 apron leds are for? I've only seen them on when I enter the menu.

I think they should show a danger/tilt warning count with them.

#1020 6 years ago

Thinking about getting one. How deep is the code compared to other games such as (LOTR, TSPP, WOZ)? Can the games be brutally long?

#1021 6 years ago

Attention those in the Brooklyn area! Come play Dialed In! + hang with Jack at Sunshine Laundromat this Sunday! https://www.facebook.com/events/1316429615144419/?ti=icl

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Thinking about getting one. How deep is the code compared to other games such as (LOTR, TSPP, WOZ)? Can the games be brutally long?

I usually get 200 mil plus on most lotr and woz games I play. Usually at least 20 mins each. So far my longest game on DI is probably one 20 min game, the rest of the time I'm finished in 5 min. For some reason it is kicking my ass. Not to say that won't change, but I have found it pretty difficult so far. More woz like than LOTR to me personally.

#1023 6 years ago

Can someone explane to me how to get 3 ball multiball. Seems like when I lock a ball in the station, the phone starts buzzing to start multiball. so all I ever get is 2 ball. What am I missing?

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Can someone explane to me how to get 3 ball multiball. Seems like when I lock a ball in the station, the phone starts buzzing to start multiball. so all I ever get is 2 ball. What am I missing?

Double flip to cancel the multiball. This will allow you to lock another ball and start a 3 ball multiball. Additionally, you can shoot the phone scoop three times and add a ball during multiball.

#1025 6 years ago

My LE shipped yesterday! I will post pics upon arrival.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Double flip to cancel the multiball. This will allow you to lock another ball and start a 3 ball multiball. Additionally, you can shoot the phone scoop three times and add a ball during multiball.

When I double flip nothing happens, the phone keeps vibrating.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

When I double flip nothing happens, the phone keeps vibrating.

As soon as multiball as ready, look at the phone display, and you will see a message that says something along the lines of "double flip both flippers to disable." This option is only available when you first have multiball ready. If you lose the current ball, and start a new one, multiball will be ready, but you will lose the option to disable it.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

As soon as multiball as ready, look at the phone display, and you will see a message that says something along the lines of "double flip both flippers to disable." This option is only available when you first have multiball ready. If you lose the current ball, and start a new one, multiball will be ready, but you will lose the option to disable it.

is it timed? I have seen a message flash like that on the phone but could not read it in time. once the message is gone, so is the opportunity to cancel the multiball it seems.

#1029 6 years ago

I believe it is.

#1030 6 years ago

If you're in the Los Angeles area, Ayce Gogi in Van Nuys has Dialed In ...50 cents to play like everything else there!

I wasn't really expecting much since I'm really burnt out on the whole new game scene ,but I was pleasantly surprised. Pretty much any negative first impressions I had were a total non-issue. The shots are fresh and surprising...I didn't realize there was a trap door on the left orbit...I didn't realize the right "orbit" was a ramp shot...didn't realize there's a ramp and scoop shot from the upper flipper. They're kinda hidden, which is a TZ Lawlorism I'm not a fan of...but once you know where these things are and what they do - massively fun. Selfie mode is hilarious and anyone watching you play cracks up. This game is a winner. A $9000 winner? Eeeehhhhh.....I'll probably just keep my eyes open on the aftermarket to see if a local used one pops up....buuuuut, I'm already thinking I could sell 2 games I don't play much anymore and get a DI...no cash out of pocket. We'll see...I kinda wanna stick to my "No NIB" way of life...but I could buckle. I'm definitely gonna go back to Ayce and play it with headphones!

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you're in the Los Angeles area, Ayce Gogi in Van Nuys has Dialed In ...50 cents to play like everything else there!

My son lives in LA and texted just last night Ayce Gogi has both DI and Star Wars Pro, and LE on order.. He's in Echo park, so a pricey Uber ride to Van Nuys, but worth it on a weekend day. He's hoping Eighty Two will get these new titles shortly - 5-10 mins from him. He did catch wind of yet another barcade popping up in LA.

He's gonna be in Miami for work during CAX; would have been a fun trip out to visit!

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My son lives in LA and texted just last night Ayce Gogi has both DI and Star Wars Pro, and LE on order.. He's in Echo park, so a pricey Uber ride to Van Nuys, but worth it on a weekend day. He's hoping Eighty Two will get these new titles shortly - 5-10 mins from him. He did catch wind of yet another barcade popping up in LA.
He's gonna be in Miami for work during CAX; would have been a fun trip out to visit!

They just opened SW pro last night. Have my league there too. Amazing place for pinball. Their launch party for SW is Aug 13. Here's a link for sign up.
https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showRSVPSignUp/8050e4ba8ad22a57-stern

DI plays great there too. I like it much more than when I played it at TPF.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

He's in Echo park,

Tell him to check out Button Mash! Great games and great food, too!

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tell him to check out Button Mash! Great games and great food, too!

Yes. He can walk there from his house

#1035 6 years ago

Got my game today, pick up at the factory.. what a great experience. Game is really amazing, excellent fit and finish.

IMG_20170721_141931_856 (resized).jpgIMG_20170721_141931_856 (resized).jpg

#1036 6 years ago

After playing it extensively, I really wish they had angled the Crazy Bob's sign toward the apron so the player can read what's lit while playing. Parallel to the player's line of sight is no good for anyone except maybe spectators.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

After playing it extensively, I really wish they had angled the Crazy Bob's sign toward the apron so the player can read what's lit while playing. Parallel to the player's line of sight is no good for anyone except maybe spectators.

Very good point.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At first I didn't think there was a lot of room for mods, but a few little things like that would be good. I'm starting to notice a handful of small things that would be a good idea to tweak.

#1039 6 years ago

Question everyone: With the issues we are having with the clearcoat at the scoop, is it safe to say we should not play the game until the Cliffys are installed? I want to play it everyday but I don't want to have a piece come off when I had a chance to just wait. This is not bashing JJP, I just want to protect my game the best way I can.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question everyone: With the issues we are having with the clearcoat at the scoop, is it safe to say we should not play the game until the Cliffys are installed? I want to play it everyday but I don't want to have a piece come off when I had a chance to just wait. This is not bashing JJP, I just want to protect my game the best way I can.

If you want to protect it the best way you can, then yeah, don't play it. If it were me though, I would continue to play the hell out of it. It's a pinball machine!

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

If you want to protect it the best way you can, then yeah, don't play it. If it were me though, I would continue to play the hell out of it. It's a pinball machine!

Besides the protector will likely cover up any damage to the scoop hole anyway.

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I do play all my pins but also like to protect them. So I should not shop them either, just play them.

#1043 6 years ago

Here's the Crazy Bob sign with a more player-friendly orientation. It creates a potential ball trap to the left of the station exit (which is no problem for home use). I'll see if airballs get stuck there once it's on route, but it's MUCH better from a player's perspective like this.

IMG_2548 (resized).JPGIMG_2548 (resized).JPG

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the Crazy Bob sign with a more player-friendly orientation. It creates a potential ball trap to the left of the station exit (which is no problem for home use). I'll see if airballs get stuck there once it's on route, but it's MUCH better from a player's perspective like this.

Maybe you could cut a small piece of plexi as a shield?

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Maybe you could cut a small piece of plexi as a shield?

If it actually does get airballs stuck there, I'll do something like that, but the exit wireform already does some blocking, so it may not even be an issue.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today, pick up at the factory.. what a great experience. Game is really amazing, excellent fit and finish.

Missed a great opportunity to put the Hobbit and LOTR next to each other.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Missed a great opportunity to put the Hobbit and LOTR next to each other.

Good idea, I'll make the switch. Easy enough to do.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just thinking the same thing when I had a friend over to play as I was explaining the rules.

#1049 6 years ago

Love the game but have had a few annoying issues:

1. Balls stick in trough sometimes for a few minutes before getting into shooter lane; I have tried increase the trough power with no change

2. My lightning bolt was too long causing interference to ball on wire form despite changing orientation of bolt; I trimmed it and it's ok but why should it happen

3. Now the trapdoor in the left orbit is broken.... getting a message that the switch is malfunctioning

It's an LE, one of the early releases; starting to feel like I got a bad one

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Love the game but have had a few annoying issues:
1. Balls stick in trough sometimes for a few minutes before getting into shooter lane; I have tried increase the trough power with no change
2. My lightning bolt was too long causing interference to ball on wire form despite changing orientation of bolt; I trimmed it and it's ok but why should it happen
3. Now the trapdoor in the left orbit is broken.... getting a message that the switch is malfunctioning
It's an LE, one of the early releases; starting to feel like I got a bad one

Sound like very minor things for how complex this pin is. Sld just be some minor ajustments to fix these things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/21?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.