5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I definitely do not want to derail this thread, but this is the first time I have heard that a JJP POTC would not be able to have Johnny Depp in it. How would that even be possible? Where was this rumor--in the JJP4 speculation thread?

JJP # 4 could very well be based off the general POTC theme which was started by Disney long before the films existed. I think that could actually be pretty cool and would allow for a lot of creativity.

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

With two kids, I'd love a family friendly Toy Story. Even without kids I'd love that theme.

How about a Disney Cars themed pin?

IMG_3088 (resized).JPGIMG_3088 (resized).JPG

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I definitely do not want to derail this thread, but this is the first time I have heard that a JJP POTC would not be able to have Johnny Depp in it. How would that even be possible? Where was this rumor--in the JJP4 speculation thread?

I had heard this earlier this year and heard it again from another (trusted) industry insider very recently. The story goes that JJP does not have the license to use Johnny Depp speech or likeness, cannot refer to "The Black Pearl" along with some other IP. But it's just rumor and not based on any official word from JJP. Eric (JJP 4 designer) mentioned at the Denver show that the current plan was to reveal #4 at Expo, but gave no clues on theme.

I have heard that JJP has licenses for Toy Story and POTC and that POTC may be first as opposed to TS. I'm somewhat skeptical of either, though I would love a Toy Story pin, especially if JJP does it.

As for POTC, I'm sure a game could be based on the POTC attraction, but most would probably be disappointed if it wasn't based on the movie series (which you would presume would make up the bulk of the video assets).

I don't care POTC in either form. Give me Dialed In and Toy Story. If I can fit those two in my game room, I'll be happy.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I had heard this earlier this year and heard it again from another (trusted) industry insider very recently. The story goes that JJP does not have the license to use Johnny Depp speech or likeness, cannot refer to "The Black Pearl" along with some other IP. But it's just rumor and not based on any official word from JJP. Eric (JJP 4 designer) mentioned at the Denver show that the current plan was to reveal #4 at Expo, but gave no clues on theme.
I have heard that JJP has licenses for Toy Story and POTC and that POTC may be first as opposed to TS. I'm somewhat skeptical of either, though I would love a Toy Story pin, especially if JJP does it. I'm sure a game could be based on the POTC attraction, but most would probably be disappointed if it wasn't based on the movie series (which you would presume would make up the bulk of the video assets).

Glad im in on dialed in bc ts and potc dont interest me a whole lot to be honest especially ts.

#755 6 years ago

Now I want to buy a DI Le! Should I order on their website direct?

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Some useful info here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-or-distributor

#757 6 years ago

I was totally down on the game until I played it. Put up a million score and stopped playing knowing I was going to order one. I played again at SFGE 4 months later just to make sure it wasn't a fluke experience and was totally drawn back in like the first time. I may still get a Star Wars down the road, but I'll have my DI in about a month.

#758 6 years ago

Call around to jjp distributors for best prices on the pin and shipping. Pinballstar and automated and king pin are all some great ones to start

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Call around to jjp distributors for best prices on the pin and shipping. Pinballstar and automated and king pin are all some great ones to start

Glad to be included in that list.

Always best to deal local so if you have any issues someone is there to help you. If you are confident that you don't need local support then find a distributor that gives you the best deal before, during, and after the sale. I offer free shipping for any US Armed Forces members (past or present). Our prices also include and automatic doubling of the factory warranty. I'm also around "after hours" and on weekends for tech support if needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

#760 6 years ago

Unboxed our DI! for our showroom yesterday. Wow, what a game.
I played it at expo last year and didn't get it and wasn't too impressed with the gameplay. Now I think it's awesome. It plays butter smooth, the shots are all interesting, the artwork and lightshow are phenomenal.
Personally, I think the code is fantastic for launch code.
Only had to adjust 2 coil strengths to make it 100% out of the box.
VERY cool game that I think will hold it's value well into the future. I hope they sell a TON of them.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Glad to be included in that list.
Always best to deal local so if you have any issues someone is there to help you. If you are confident that you don't need local support then find a distributor that gives you the best deal before, during, and after the sale. I offer free shipping for any US Armed Forces members (past or present). Our prices also include and automatic doubling of the factory warranty. I'm also around "after hours" and on weekends for tech support if needed.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'd like to take a moment to thank you and your brother for an excellent setup at the Rocky Mountain Showdown this past weekend. You both were around everyday answering people's questions and explaining the game and rules an everything in between. I imagine you earned a lot of business and thanks again for supporting our local show!

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Personally, I think the code is fantastic for launch code.

I'm faily sure that the code is pretty much complete. Jack is very adamant about only sending games out with complete code. Now, that's not to say that they may tweak it here and there, but when you unbox the game, you're pretty much looking at the final product.

#763 6 years ago

That's correct. The game is code complete from a major feature standpoint. Maintenance releases for scoring balance, tweaks, and any possible bug cleanups will still come out, but the game is considered code complete.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's correct. The game is code complete from a major feature standpoint. Maintenance releases for scoring balance, tweaks, and any possible bug cleanups will still come out, but the game is considered code complete.

Agreed. It seems like JJP is trying to evolve into releasing games code complete, except for minor tweaks and fixes.

If I think back to the releases of WOZ and the Hobbit they do appear to be moving in that direction.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I've heard Jack directly say that Muppets was not a good theme for him...that was several years ago, but I doubt we'll see a Muppets game from JJP.

rats!

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I got my pinball machine 'dialed in'.

that's what I thought of as well

#767 6 years ago

Double rats!

I would love a Muppets pin. But I'll settle for Toy Story.

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Agreed. It seems like JJP is trying to evolve into releasing games code complete, except for minor tweaks and fixes.

Well that was their promise from day 1...it's taken a lot longer than they thought.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd like to take a moment to thank you and your son for an excellent setup at the Rocky Mountain Showdown this past weekend. You both were around everyday answering people's questions and explaining the game and rules an everything in between. I imagine you earned a lot of business and thanks again for supporting our local show!

Lolz- Look, I know Chris looks like an old man, and I am young and beautiful....But we are brothers, not father and son. 8 year age difference. He's not going to live this down next time we are hanging out.

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Lolz- Look, I know Chris looks like an old man, and I am young and beautiful....But we are brothers, not father and son. 8 year age difference. He's not going to live this down next time we are hanging out.

Sorry I knew that and something made me type son, trying to pretend to focus on work while I'm on here reading pinball news.

In either case thanks to you both, super informative and available to answer everyone's questions and give some insight to the programming of it all. Was awesome having you both there, "Dad" trying to sell everyone(even though I think the game sells itself with people seeing and playing it) and you telling us how it all worked.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sorry I knew that and something made me type son, trying to pretend to focus on work while I'm on here reading pinball news.
In either case thanks to you both, super informative and available to answer everyone's questions and give some insight to the programming of it all. Was awesome having you both there, "Dad" trying to sell everyone(even though I think the game sells itself with people seeing and playing it) and you telling us how it all worked.

Did you ask him what the theme of the game he is designing for JJP will be?

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well that was their promise from day 1...it's taken a lot longer than they thought.

I think they've got it now. Took a couple of game releases but DI is going to radically change the expectations people have of what level of code a game should be released with.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they've got it now.

We'll see as soon as mine is shipped to me

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Did you ask him what the theme of the game he is designing for JJP will be?

I did. He was very careful in not revealing a clue.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

ouch.... guess i am going to have to go in and get some botox to help me look younger.

anyways, we had a great time out in Denver. hope to come back out next year again with my BROTHER's game!

#776 6 years ago

Here's how to link your mobile device to Dialed In! (from Jack via the Google Groups forum):

Connecting your mobile device to Dialed In!™

There's a Jersey Jack App for Android and IOS/ Apple - links are below

Once you download the App, Start a game and before you launch the first ball, press and hold the left flipper button on the game cabinet and on the App screen.

It takes about ten to twelve seconds of holding both buttons.

Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.

If you are the second, third, fourth player you will have to repeat the steps above - hold both flippers, before launching your ball, etc. I've seen player 1 connect to player 2 and vice-versa to mess with each other.....

At the factory I linked up to two games and flipped both from my iPhone. I had a range of about 15 feet from the game and it still flipped. The Green "Atom" button launches the ball. More to come.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Jersey+Jack+Pinball

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jersey-jack-pinball/id1201400958?mt=8

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they've got it now. Took a couple of game releases but DI is going to radically change the expectations people have of what level of code a game should be released with.

They announced it at Expo Tiger.

It's 8 months later and several years in production and the 3rd game from JJP released. Since 2011

I seriously doubt it will change anything but I hope you guys love it.

#778 6 years ago

Can anyone guess what I'm doing Friday?

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hmmmm, does it involve Dialed In?

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Hmmmm, does it involve Dialed In?

Yes sir. Picking up my DILE.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Waking up?
Getting dressed?
Eating?

Opening up a very large very heavy box?
Making the rest of us jealous?

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Waking up?
Getting dressed?
Eating?

PERFECT!!! You nailed it. I just got the call and put my notice in to take off Friday. I'm leaving at 5am and will see Jen about 10:30. Stay about 1 hour, refuel and be home about 5-6 depending on traffic.

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Waking up?
Getting dressed?
Eating?

you could elevate your jealousy very easily sir.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

will there be pics?!?!

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I want to be mad at you because I ordered months earlier and still haven't been contacted for final payment...but I can't. Enjoy it, man! It's one heck of a game.

#786 6 years ago

Man, you guys are the worst. Already have an AFM reserved and just placed an order this morning for DI as well. Only have room for one more and have to sell something now. Luckily I was able to push delivery of AFM to late Fall at the earliest, gonna be hard to pick the one to go!

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Factory tour. Pick up your DI. Go home, setting it up. And playing it all evening and night ?

LTG : )

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

will there be pics?!?!

Yes sir

Quoted from LTG:

Factory tour. Pick up your DI. Go home, setting it up. And playing it all evening and night ?
LTG : )

I will be playing yes. I have alot to do between now and Saturday night but DI will be part of it.

#789 6 years ago

I'm really jealous. Have fun with your game, and take some pics for us.

#790 6 years ago

Congrats!! I will have to live vicariously through everyone until my time comes!! Lets see those unboxings!!

#791 6 years ago

If I can do FB live I will try. If not, video from my phone and lots of pics. It will fit nicely between AFM and MB

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The games you mentioned are super cheap. Nobody would be buying 'Taxi' for 8 or 9k.

Apples and oranges. The reason they are cheap (not just counting age) is the technology in the games themselves. These games aren't cheap because of them being a bad theme.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If I can do FB live I will try. If not, video from my phone and lots of pics. It will fit nicely between AFM and MB

That is too awesome Rob Congrats!

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Apples and oranges. The reason they are cheap (not just counting age) is the technology in the games themselves. These games aren't cheap because of them being a bad theme.

Maybe, maybe not. If RS was Star Wars and it had Death Vader's and The Emperor's heads on it instead of Red and Ted it would be a $7k game. Theme counts.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

That is too awesome Rob Congrats!

You knew after we played it at Allentown I was hooked.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll see as soon as mine is shipped to me

Seems like Standards aren't going to be made for awHile so Looking late summer for me

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems like Standards aren't going to be made for awHile so Looking late summer for me

where did you hear this? i should have some standards coming in about 3 weeks or so.

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

where did you hear this? i should have some standards coming in about 3 weeks or so.

Heard it 'round these parts. But you're supposed to have them in 3 weeks eh? hmmm...interesting

#799 6 years ago

I should have my SE DI towards end of the month. Glad I ordered early. Can't wait to play it and have it in the collection. AFMR le I'm told I'll have mind July. Here's the lineup: MB, MMRle, Champion Pub, TOTAN, AFMRle, DI. I have a very nice Indiana Jones Pinball adventure with new color dmd in box, but I have to let that pin go..

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I should have my SE DI towards end of the month. Glad I ordered early. Can't wait to play it and have it in the collection. AFMR le I'm told I'll have mind July. Here's the lineup: MB, MMRle, Champion Pub, TOTAN, AFMRle, DI. I have a very nice Indiana Jones Pinball adventure with new color dmd in box, but I have to let that pin go..

Very nice collection. Dialed In should fit nicely. When I get my Dialed In my lineup will look like this:

Addams Gold
AFM - original
Dialed In LE
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff
Ruby Red WOZ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/16?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.