By frankmac

9 months ago

Stats

• 1,506 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 127 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171027_223425 (resized).jpg
20171027_224447 (resized).jpg
2017-10-26 23.59.43 (resized).jpg
176A38BF-610E-4C3E-AE29-0BE2612CA27A (resized).jpeg
C4336F44-724B-4853-A359-8CA1B7A39F26 (resized).jpeg
64BA83ED-DABE-49EB-9BA2-338D8A4EA07E (resized).jpeg
CD83A6D9-EA4E-4414-8581-C9F17A3E5F83 (resized).jpeg
poo (resized).png
5DE211FA-99B9-4563-982D-3BCD5DEB9610 (resized).jpeg
20171016_203023 (resized).jpg
20171016_203103 (resized).jpg
Bob_shield (resized).jpg
corner (resized).jpg
cliffy (resized).jpg
98434E6E-9FCA-4980-AE5C-DEBA38011583 (resized).jpeg
F468E9D4-6EA0-4602-9079-0CB43B254B51 (resized).jpeg

There are 1506 posts in topic. You are on page 14 of 31.
#651 6 months ago

John Youssi showed some pictures of the DI Collectors Edition backglass and topper during his presentation at the Northwest show today. I was watching the Twitch stream and captured some screenshots:

https://twitter.com/buffalopinball/status/873709176379383808

On the topper slide, the top two were early designs that were rejected. The bottom is the final.

#652 6 months ago

For those too lazy to click:

DICE topper concepts (resized).png

DICE backglass (resized).png

#653 6 months ago

Here's the DILE/DISE backglass again to compare:

DILE, DISE backglass (resized).jpg

I gotta say, I prefer the collector's edition backglass.

#654 6 months ago

Yea i was told that the di's i played at the shows were set up pretty easy with the ball savers , outlanes and kickback so everyone can enjoy them and get a good feel for the pin. So im not concerned with long ball tines in my home setting as i set them up difficult. Most people say afm, mm, mb and especially ss are rather easy but once people play mine they realize they are not if set up correctly. I expect di to be a ass kicker with some ajustments.

#655 6 months ago

CE backglass is pretty awesome!

#656 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Tell the truth, you like it alot.

A lot more than I expected to. I'm not a good player as far as pinball players go so the score thing is just because the good players haven't played it yet. It has a retro feel, the shots are smooth (and fun).

If I had room I would have put down a deposit already. At this point, the decision is not "Do I like it enough to buy?" rather "Do I like it enough to sell something I already have?". Given that all of my games are/were keepers and I have no slots left, that's my dilemma.

#657 6 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Besides balls getting caught
Are there any issues with the LE version ?
I know wizard had some but different mechanics of course
Hobbit was good right ?
So third one should have all the child errors out , correct?
Thank you folks

The two games that i have at the Denver show have been FLAWLESS. No ball hangs, no issues what so ever. They were played non stop yesterday from 10am to 1am, again today from 9am to midnight. I believed I removed the glass one time because a ball was caught on the Inlane wire. No issues to report here.

20170610_115644 (resized).jpg

#658 6 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The two games that i have at the Denver show have been FLAWLESS. No ball hangs, no issues what so ever. They were played non stop yesterday from 10am to 1am, again today from 9am to midnight. I believed I removed the glass one time because a ball was caught on the Inlane wire. No issues to report here.

And these are prototypes, right? So it should only get better with the production machines.

#659 6 months ago

What a great game!

20170610_143739 (resized).jpg

#660 6 months ago

game played flawless today, one ball hang up otherwise very enjoyable.

20170610_183030 (resized).jpg

20170610_223932 (resized).jpg

#661 6 months ago

Looks like one of the first production machines to be shipped, congrats!

#662 6 months ago

NICE! Production machines in peoples hands! Congrats!

#663 6 months ago

Thanks Guys! I couldn't stop playing, or wanting to but customers first until I get mine for home. =)

#664 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea i was told that the di's i played at the shows were set up pretty easy with the ball savers , outlanes and kickback so everyone can enjoy them and get a good feel for the pin. So im not concerned with long ball tines in my home setting as i set them up difficult. Most people say afm, mm, mb and especially ss are rather easy but once people play mine they realize they are not if set up correctly. I expect di to be a ass kicker with some ajustments.

Yep, I'm going to set mine up tough as nails to. Even LOTRs can play tough if set up to be so. Kill the ball save, open the outlanes, and wax it.

#665 6 months ago
Quoted from ngg:

Ordered my DILE in Feb direct from JJP and was told I should get my game in 6 - 8 weeks
Very psyched!!

Heard back from Jen the next day.....
Someone who had ordered an LE with radcals, like me, decided to wait......
Should have my LE #84 in 1 week!!!

#666 6 months ago
Quoted from ngg:

Awesome hopefully my 71 is close also....

#667 6 months ago
Quoted from ngg:

Really can't wait to see some unboxing videos!!

#668 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

agreed!!

#669 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I had absolutely zero interest in unboxing videos until I got back into pinball, I simply never got it. Now when I'm looking for a game, I watch unboxing videos to almost build my excitement. Pinball is the only unboxing videos I watch, but for some reason I really enjoy it.

#670 6 months ago

David Thiel did a great presentation at the NW pinball show (the guy is friggin' hilarious). In addition to talking about the sound and music package he covered a lot of game play issues as it related to his work. For example, during emoji overload hitting the ramps or pop bumpers affects how the emoji's display on the the screen (may be common knowledge, but new to me).

Not much else of value, so his portion starts at 27 minutes in.

» YouTube video

#671 6 months ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I had absolutely zero interest in unboxing videos until I got back into pinball, I simply never got it. Now when I'm looking for a game, I watch unboxing videos to almost build my excitement. Pinball is the only unboxing videos I watch, but for some reason I really enjoy it.

I could not agree more with this. I literally laughed and made fun of my friends who had kids that would watch various unboxing videos...but I simply can't get enough of them with pinball machines now.

Doesn't matter the game, I like seeing the smiles people have with the photos and what not.

#672 6 months ago

Pinball unboxing is so much more interesting than a gizmo where you just open, unwrap and done. There's legs, straps, person sized boxes, lifting, electricity, etc involved. It also takes a while so you get to hear them tell their story and why they bought the game. And yes as Tiger said, seeing their excitement is awesome!

#673 6 months ago
Quoted from terryb:

David Thiel did a great presentation at the NW pinball show (the guy is friggin' hilarious). In addition to talking about the sound and music package he covered a lot of game play issues as it related to his work.

This is the first time I've heard the number of disasters. He says there are 11 in the game. From what I played at PAGG (from memory, these may not be exact), the disasters in the game are:

1. Earthquake
2. Tornado
3. Alien Invasion
4. Sinkholes
5. Volcano
6. Singularity
7. EMP
8. Meteor Storm
9. Acid Rain
10. Combustion
11. ??

But I can't remember (or never saw) the 11th. Anyone know what I'm missing?

#674 6 months ago

Scuba dude

#675 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

This is the first time I've heard the number of disasters. He says there are 11 in the game. From what I played at PAGG (from memory, these may not be exact), the disasters in the game are:
1. Earthquake
2. Tornado
3. Alien Invasion
4. Sinkholes
5. Volcano
6. Singularity
7. EMP
8. Meteor Storm
9. Acid Rain
10. Combustion
11. ??

No flooding?

#676 6 months ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No flooding?

Dunno, but that seems like an obvious choice. Hopefully someone has seen that one in-game and we'll then have confirmation of all 11 disasters in the game.

#677 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

10. Combustion

What sort of city type disaster is this?

#678 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

"Combustion" = Fire?

In what context is singularity being used? A black hole swallowing things up?

#679 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Explosions. Not sure of the source. Only saw that briefly.

#680 6 months ago

Spoilers!

#681 6 months ago

No tsunamis? Hurricanes?
Terrorism?...errr nevermind...not fun for pinball. Although a man-made EMP could be a form of terrorism.

#682 6 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

In what context is singularity being used? A black hole swallowing things up?

Maybe an AI singularity? Would fit the theme interestingly well.

#683 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Maybe an AI singularity? Would fit the theme interestingly well.

Looks like this (I snapped this at PAGG since I hadn't seen this disaster before). It tugs at building below it (the one with the stair-step top) trying to pull it into the vortex, then releasing slightly, and the animation repeats. I never saw the building go into the vortex, but I assume it does if the mode goes long enough.

singularity (resized).JPG

#684 6 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No tsunamis? Hurricanes?
Terrorism?...errr nevermind...not fun for pinball. Although a man-made EMP could be a form of terrorism.

It's on land, so no Hurricanes, but it does have land hurricanes, aka Tornadoes. I think the game's tone isn't dark enough for real terrorism, although it kind of IS about a kind of corporate terrorism in a large scale fantasy way.

#685 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's on land, so no Hurricanes, but it does have land hurricanes, aka Tornadoes. I think the game's tone isn't dark enough for real terrorism, although it kind of IS about a kind of corporate terrorism in a large scale fantasy way.

Yeah and despite people droning on about a "cell phone" it really IS a great theme for pinball. I'm looking forward to playing one.

#686 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

1. Earthquake
2. Tornado
3. Alien Invasion
4. Sinkholes
5. Volcano
6. Singularity
7. EMP
8. Meteor Storm
9. Acid Rain
10. Combustion
11. ??

Maybe the last one is some sort of wizard mode not implemented yet?

#687 6 months ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Maybe the last one is some sort of wizard mode not implemented yet?

There are 11 and the wizard mode is Armageddon i believe. Then there a bunch of other random modes and mb that you start by hitting crazy bobs .

#688 6 months ago

What are you guys going to do about the scoop if there's no Cliffy protector for it yet? Just regular mylar?

#689 6 months ago

I think the 11th mode is Tsunami, can remember seeing it in the Free Gold Watch videos.

#690 6 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

What are you guys going to do about the scoop if there's no Cliffy protector for it yet? Just regular mylar?

I think it will ok till a mantis or cliffy is made

#691 6 months ago

I hope they get a Cliffy out soon. I'm fine playing it until one shows, but I don't want to go too long without.

#692 6 months ago

Singularity looks like a very cool mode, an original space themed pin would be so great.

#693 6 months ago

While the theme is not for me, the wife and I both agreed after this years Allentown Show that this machine was the most solidly built and also had the best flippers (strength and overall feel) of any new machine at the show. She said it reminded her of MB when we got it NIB back in the day!

#694 6 months ago

I played again today and all I could think was the phone gets changed to a TV set, the emoji's and selfie modes disappear, and forget blue tooth flipper action, it would have appealed to so many more pinheads, I actually would have liked a 40's style look to the whole thing, no idea why, I just get a old school 40's or 50's Sci Fi feel from this pin, is it the characters on the PF? maybe, either way great game.

this_island_earth_poster_06 (resized).jpg

#695 6 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I played again today and all I could think was the phone gets changed to a TV set, the emoji's and selfie modes disappear, and forget blue tooth flipper action, it would have appealed to so many more pinheads, I actually would have liked a 40's style look to the whole thing, no idea why, I just get a old school 40's or 50's Sci Fi feel from this pin, is it the characters on the PF? maybe, either way great game.

People (especially those like you) would have called it a knockoff of Attack From Mars and criticized it anyway. You can't seem to win when it comes to fanboy wars.

Also, a TV giving you instructions makes no sense. The phone makes all the sense in the world. They call you to tell you what to do.

#696 6 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

People (especially those like you) would have called it a knockoff of Attack From Mars and criticized it anyway. You can't seem to win when it comes to fanboy wars.
Also, a TV giving you instructions makes no sense. The phone makes all the sense in the world. They call you to tell you what to do.

First of all, What? when have I ever called anything a knock off, 2nd the TV could have special interference from some source that was helping and guiding you and 3rd Shut up ur face. Did I not say "great game" at the end of it? What a goof.

#697 6 months ago

Attack from Mars is essentially a knock-off theme of Mars Attacks. I personally think the licensed/non-licensed theme obsession/argument is way overblown in pinball. The Elvira games are licensed games with added original content to enhance the theme concepts, same for Monster Bash and CFTBL. If the game is fun I will play it. That is all that matters.

#698 6 months ago

Can someone explain to me why one would consider buying a DI? I'm interested because is looks fun to play and most people agree its a blast to play. However, the theme is not my first choice.

Thoughts from people that have played it and put a deposit down on one?

#699 6 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Can someone explain to me why one would consider buying a DI? I'm interested because is looks fun to play and most people agree its a blast to play. However, the theme is not my first choice.

You said it yourself. It looks fun and it's a blast to play.

#700 6 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

You said it yourself. It looks fun and it's a blast to play.

Have you played it yet? If so what do you think?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
There are 1506 posts in topic. You are on page 14 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside