5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 34.
#551 6 years ago

At first I couldn't get past the theme of DI but the more I see of the game the more I realized that the theme is not exactly what I originally thought it was. I am seriously considering getting a DILE, it's gunna be painful if I do because it means I will have to sell another game (I already have AFMr LE coming)

I also love the idea of a JJP standard body game as I am not a fan of wide body's.

#552 6 years ago

Thanks for posting this FalconPunch. I listened to it tonight. Kaneda did a great interview with Jack.

I noted that Jack said 2 more games (#4 and #5) being developed and #6 planned after those. Wow!

Can't wait for my Dialed In CE!

Great days for Pinball!

#553 6 years ago

I've been to level 257 in Chicago multiple times in the last 4 months and have played dialed In a great amount. No doubt it's a fun game, but the last few times I went I've played WOZ majority of the time. Took me awhile to get past the theme I guess but damn that game is great.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you havn't played DI yet, wait and give it a chance. I have played it over 25 times and I now have a DILE coming. it's going to be great. It's Pat Lawlor, come on!!!

I have played it a few times and I wasn't blown away, and at times I was bored; but those were show games.

I got one coming so we'll see. For me it just came together with funds + tax return I thought I'd give it a go.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I noted that Jack said 2 more games (#4 and #5) being developed and #6 planned after those. Wow!

At PAGG he told me he has the next 4 games penciled in, so up through 7. If they can get to the 2 per year they're shooting for, that takes us through 2019.

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

At first I couldn't get past the theme of DI but the more I see of the game the more I realized that the theme is not exactly what I originally thought it was.

They really should have stuck with ditching the Dialed In name, call it Quantum City or whatever and people would chill out a lot more. Just like licenses matter, when you're going unlicensed the theme and name still need to sell it and still matter.

In this case the theme is better than the name really reveals.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They really should have stuck with ditching the Dialed In name, call it Quantum City or whatever and people would chill out a lot more.

Plus, you wouldn't have to chime in aboot it nonstop.

#558 6 years ago

I just want to say congrats to everyone getting a DI.

Played it at expo and had a blast. I and the wife love the art style as well. But alas we are piced out (which is obvious by my current collection).

Jack keep it up and here is to hoping to having the cash in the future for a JJP release.

#559 6 years ago

It really is gonna be a special pin for those that give it a chance. It has everything you can ask for in a pin and then some imo.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They really should have stuck with ditching the Dialed In name, call it Quantum City or whatever and people would chill out a lot more. Just like licenses matter, when you're going unlicensed the theme and name still need to sell it and still matter.
In this case the theme is better than the name really reveals.

Agreed I would of preferred quantum city.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its 8k not 9...i know that doesn't make it an immediate buy but it's better

Too true. Any of the bold claims from any game is annoying.

Isn't the LE $9k? Either way...$8k still needs to blow my balls off in pretty much all aspects.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't the LE $9k? Either way...$8k still needs to blow my balls off in pretty much all aspects.

8k standard is equivalent to a Pre/LE Stern. Far exceeds any current Stern build with materials.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess the other one is more and shit? I'm getting the cool one with steel legs and rails.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess the other one is more and shit? I'm getting the cool one with steel legs and rails.

Invisiglass and powder coated rails cover most of the $1k upgrade from JJP Standard to LE.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Invisiglass and powder coated rails cover most of the $1k upgrade from JJP Standard to LE.

Very True and the lighted ramp and laser etched backboard are pretty sweet additions also. Not to mention the other stuff

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I thought WOZ was already the next Twilight Zone?

WOZ tried to be the next TZ, but by JJP trying to out Twilight Zone Twilight Zone, WOZ missed the mark.
DI, has a good shot at it though. Great game. Can you imagine a Star Wars re-theme of DI?

#567 6 years ago

How hard would it be to do an alternate translight that says Quantum City? The game is typically wedged between two others anyway

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Can you imagine a Star Wars re-theme of DI?

I can, but I don't want to. I get more than my fill of Star Wars every few years when I go to the cinema to see the new one.

Dialed in: great theme, great title

#569 6 years ago

I have no issues with the name Dialed In. It's weird that people are still so hung up on that. I understand caring about a theme, but a name is a little bit of a stretch unless it's offensive.

I am getting beyond excited. Yeah, that art is goofy, and yes, the sounds could use some work (particularly the voices), but I haven't played a game in years that feels so satisfying to shoot around on. I think I really have to go back to AC/DC or Tron to get that feeling of just clicking with a game in this manner. Delivery day is going to be a good day. Luckily I will be able to play it over the weekend out in Denver to hold me over.

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have no issues with the name Dialed In. It's weird that people are still so hung up on that. I understand caring about a theme, but a name is a little bit of a stretch unless it's offensive.
I am getting beyond excited. Yeah, that art is goofy, and yes, the sounds could use some work (particularly the voices), but I haven't played a game in years that feels so satisfying to shoot around on. I think I really have to go back to AC/DC or Tron to get that feeling of just clicking with a game in this manner. Delivery day is going to be a good day. Luckily I will be able to play it over the weekend out in Denver to hold me over.

With the latest 1.0 code too!

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

the sounds could use some work (particularly the voices)

Here is some wild speculation based on listening to a conversation that Pat's wife had with a few other JJP people while waiting in the hall for the DI reveal at Expo. I was standing right next to her and people were saying that she should be inside because she was part of the team. If I heard it right (I could be wrong), Pat's wife did some of the female voices. If that's true then I'm sure it would be REAL easy to get more call outs if needed.

Again ... wild speculation from conversations I heard while waiting at the door for the reveal. I could be wrong.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right, I don't think people need to keep saying it's 9K when the base is 8K. Not everyone is in to colored rails.

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Here is some wild speculation based on listening to a conversation that Pat's wife had with a few other JJP people while waiting in the hall for the DI reveal at Expo. I was standing right next to her and people were saying that she should be inside because she was part of the team. If I heard it right (I could be wrong), Pat's wife did some of the female voices. If that's true then I'm sure it would be REAL easy to get more call outs if needed.
Again ... wild speculation from conversations I heard while waiting at the door for the reveal. I could be wrong.

Pretty sure, could be wrong, but isn't it David Theils wife? She did the voices in Tron and pretty sure he said she would be in this as well

#574 6 years ago

In the snippets of video I've seen it sure sounds like the same female voice as was in Safecracker....

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How hard would it be to do an alternate translight that says Quantum City?

Probably easier than a painted backglass like DI has.

LTG : )

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

In the snippets of video I've seen it sure sounds like the same female voice as was in Safecracker....

This is correct. Same person recorded both voices. (I tracked her down and she was thrilled to work on a pinball project again after all these years.)

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Pretty sure, could be wrong, but isn't it David Theils wife? She did the voices in Tron and pretty sure he said she would be in this as well

I don't know if she's in Dialed In, but she's the voice of Mother in Alien, so either she's in both or you're mixing up which game he was talking about.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

This is correct. Same person recorded both voices. (I tracked her down and she was thrilled to work on a pinball project again after all these years.)

Eureka!! I was right.......although I doubt SWMBO will accept this as proof of my ability to listen to a female voice telling me what to do......

#579 6 years ago

Hi all! Just want to let everyone know that there will be 2 Dialed In! at The Northwest Pinball Show, 2 Dialed In! at the Southern Fried Pinball Show & 2 Dialed In! at The Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown! ALL are happening this weekend!!!!

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Hi all! Just want to let everyone know that there will be 2 Dialed In! at The Northwest Pinball Show, 2 Dialed In! at the Southern Fried Pinball Show & 2 Dialed In! at The Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown! ALL are happening this weekend!!!!

Jen, you and Jack need to make it out to MGC next april, don't think you've ever been and its a great pinball event.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

That's awesome. The sound she makes when you insert a magic token on safe cracker always generates a ton of laughs in my house.

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

That is awesome. Thank you for the update!

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed I would of preferred quantum city.

I will never understand why this matters so much to people. Good grief.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Probably easier than a painted backglass like DI has.
LTG : )

I guess I just don't think of painted backglasses any more. Still in the Stern mindset..

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I didn't say it mattered that much, I was just stating what I would of preferred.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

What's hard to understand? Theme has always mattered to most people. I'm willing to bet it matters to you too, you just don't object to this one. With a little back and forth don't you think we could probably find a theme you weren't willing to spend $9000 on or have in your gameroom?

In the Slayer rumor thread there's a guy claiming he'll never buy another Stern again if they make a Slayer pin, and I find that hilarious, but it's his personal preference, how can you argue with it? I can be amused, but I'd never try and talk him out of it, what would be the point? We feel what we feel.

Lots of people have expressed clearly why the phone thing is a turn off for them. But it's not really a "phone game", so avoiding that turn off would have actually been easy. You'll never win trying to tell people how they feel is wrong.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

willing to spend $9000 on or have in your gameroom?

It's 8K, not 9K

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's 8K, not 9K

The base model is $8k. With that huge tv screen, invisiglass is a must if you want to see the ball...so let's say $8300. Throw on shipping and we're at $8600.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

invisiglass is a must if you want to see the ball

Crap! Maybe that is why I suck at all my pinballs...no Invisiglass!

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Crap! Maybe that is why I suck at all my pinballs...no Invisiglass!

LOL may as well have been playing them with your eyes closed.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The base model is $8k. With that huge tv screen, invisiglass is a must if you want to see the ball...so let's say $8300. Throw on shipping and we're at $8600.

My eyesight is sure not 20/20 but I'll be fine seeing the ball...haven't had any problems yet.
The shipping is real though...and that's super lame IMO. Paying shipping so I can pick it up from a distro?

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My eyesight is sure not 20/20 but I'll be fine seeing the ball...haven't had any problems yet.
The shipping is real though...and that's super lame IMO. Paying shipping so I can pick it up from a distro?

Have you played a WOZ or Hobbit without invisiglass? There is serious reflections from that big screen.

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Have you played a WOZ or Hobbit without invisiglass? There is serious reflections from that big screen.

I have and don't remember it ever being bad...Hmm...then again did they all come with invisiglass back then? So heck maybe I never have actually. And the hobbits/DI I've played are show games so the upper models.
Interesting.

#594 6 years ago

I agree that shipping can be an issue. Here on the west coast it adds like $500 to a game (and yeah picking up doesn't help)... while not really a big deal in terms of total cost that does have an impact.

Guess I need to move to the east coast lol.

#595 6 years ago

Ordered my DILE in Feb direct from JJP and was told I should get my game in 6 - 8 weeks

Very psyched!!

#596 6 years ago

Talking Stern I've been a pro buyer. Talking JJP I've been and LE buyer, really need the invisiglass (I have glare on my IM) need to avoid it on JJP pins, also has shaker and the trim does look sweet especially on RR woz.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Talking Stern I've been a pro buyer. Talking JJP I've been and LE buyer, really need the invisiglass (I have glare on my IM) need to avoid it on JJP pins, also has shaker and the trim does look sweet especially on RR woz.

All the models have a shaker for Dialed In.

Can't wait to get my LE!

#599 6 years ago

Man all that music sounds so wacky and fun, fits the game perfectly!

Have any headed out the door yet?

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

This is correct! Give that man a cigar.
Carol Thiel was in some early prototypes. Carol's contribution along with a number of others was replaced at a later date.
ddt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.