5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 34.
#501 6 years ago

I was fortunate enough to have Dialed In! at my house for a little over a week (I took it to a Comic Con for Jack and then streamed it for Buffalo Pinball). That was more than enough time to convince me to order an LE, which I did two days ago.

Simply put, the game is fun. I usually have a smile on my face as I play (which if you know me, is rarely the case #playangry). The theme plays a large part in that. My favorite game at the moment is TWD Premium/LE. Dialed In! is sort of a beautiful palate cleanser to that game: flow, humor, lightheartedness and a slightly longer play time. Not to mention, IMHO it's simply the most beautiful pinball machine out there.

Anyways, this is my first JJP game that I've bought and I'm stoked.

For you guys and gals out there that have this on pre-order, I can promise you, it's the real deal and you won't be disappointed.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

For you guys and gals out there that have this on pre-order, I can promise you, it's the real deal and you won't be disappointed.

Having played it quite a bit at PAGG (when the line wasn't too long), I totally agree. It's easily the best release this year (and that includes Houdini). Should have one here in a couple weeks.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Invisiglass is not a trivial upgrade included with the LE.

Trivial for a 1K upgrade..

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I am a bit annoyed that the topper is only available for the Collector's edition. I like toppers on my machines and it would be nice to even be able to buy one as a separate item.
Debating Radcals on this machine. Has anyone used them? Are they that much better and worth the $400?

I would think there will be a different, less cool, topper for sale?

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Trivial for a 1K upgrade..

Come ON. Invisiglass isn't the ONLY upgrade, nor is powdercoated armor. The $1k is justified for an LE.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Come ON. Invisiglass isn't the ONLY upgrade, nor is powdercoated armor. The $1k is justified for an LE.

Dude, RELAX. I said it wasn't worth it to me because it's a lot of monies for me.

#507 6 years ago

All this Dialed In! talk has got me fired up. LE ordered from the good man at Kingpin Games!

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

All this Dialed In! talk has got me fired up. LE ordered from the good man at Kingpin Games!

Thank you sir, I appreciate your business and hope you will enjoy your new game.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I am a bit annoyed that the topper is only available for the Collector's edition. I like toppers on my machines and it would be nice to even be able to buy one as a separate item.
Debating Radcals on this machine. Has anyone used them? Are they that much better and worth the $400?

All these guys need to start doing a better job of making limited editions truly limited and different. It's turned into a little bit of a joke lately. I applaud them for doing things for the more expensive versions that can't be added in the after market. Going to make these versions more desirable and collectable I would think.

#511 6 years ago

LTG : )

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I well aware of the theme and have played the game, its still a giant ridiculous looking little girls cell phone, trying to justify the toddler like toys and pre teen girl look of DI is what is really dumb.

No one needs to look further than hazoffs ratings to know he is biased. Woz, dialed in and the hobbit his lowest rated games at a 5. I find it so strange when people have such an absolute distaste towards a company, with seemingly no real reason. He did mention WOZ and "the gays" at one point, so maybe he is struggling with some of his personal feelings?

#513 6 years ago

Phenomenal 90 minute interview of Jack on the podcast today. Lots of good insights on DI and the future plans of JJP.

I really need to get my DI order in this next week (I know...I've been saying that for three weeks now, but it's going to happen!).

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Phenomenal 90 minute interview of Jack on the podcast today. Lots of good insights on DI and the future plans of JJP.
I really need to get my DI order in this next week (I know...I've been saying that for three weeks now, but it's going to happen!).

Agreed. Great interview for both parties involved. I appreciated jack's candor about his and the companies past failings and his enthusiasm for the future. It was nice to see more humility and less car salesman. Love or hate him, Kaneda is killing it on the podcast front as of late. Funniest moment: "Did you just quote yourself? You can't quote yourself, Jack."

#515 6 years ago

Has anyone heard of or seen pics for anything to the CE edition, like on the backglass or topper or code differences -- Just curious

Thanks

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Has anyone heard of or seen pics for anything to the CE edition, like on the backglass or topper or code differences -- Just curious
Thanks

Jack/Jen showed Kaneda the CE backglass during the podcast. I took his reaction to be lukewarm. He didn't describe the differences though so who knows.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Time to let kaneda back on the website? Contributes more to the hobby than most people here

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I know one person who saw it. It was discussed at end of the podcast. Also, confirmed on the podcast by jack directly the CE topper is exclusive to the CE and will not be for sale, which is really cool I think, good feature for the CE.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Time to let kaneda back on the website? Contributes more to the hobby than most people here

It was never the quantity of his "contributions" that got him kicked out. It was the quality.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It was never the quantity of his "contributions" that got him kicked out. It was the quality.

Yeah I know. I had him blocked. Made my blood boil trying to get people angry.

But that was then, and this is now. No one else is really interviewing the people he is interviewing.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yeah I know. I had him blocked. Made my blood boil trying to get people angry.

That's awesome.

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know one person who saw it. It was discussed at end of the podcast. Also, confirmed on the podcast by jack directly the CE topper is exclusive to the CE and will not be for sale, which is really cool I think, good feature for the CE.

is there a link for the podcast??

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I was told that was going to be the case for the CE Owners and glad that they are keeping to that promise - I have Radcals on my Hobbit Smaug - but I did notice that around the front legs that there is some popping going on the Radcals is coming up a bit -- Going to talk to JJP about that and see what they say -- I like the look and think its worth the money for me - I am sure JJP will make good on my Hobbit Smaug if needed.

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

No one needs to look further than hazoffs ratings to know he is biased. Woz, dialed in and the hobbit his lowest rated games at a 5. I find it so strange when people have such an absolute distaste towards a company, with seemingly no real reason. He did mention WOZ and "the gays" at one point, so maybe he is struggling with some of his personal feelings?

To be fair he also has FG CC in the 5s and AV LE + SM VE in the low 6s

#525 6 years ago

I emailed Chris and asked him what he thought of the CE art he saw

"I was very happy with the art and anyone in on a CE will be very pleased...it has more purple in it, more of the fun elements of quantum city in it and a the Dialed In logo is a bit smaller to let the more of the characters / ufo's and such fill the space...people will be happy""

#526 6 years ago

Well, Dialed In was meant to be my first JJP machine, but fortune smiled on me and I got a Ruby Red Wizard of Oz over the weekend. Having it around has me even more excited for Dialed In now, but this should hold me over well.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, Dialed In was meant to be my first JJP machine, but fortune smiled on me and I got a Ruby Red Wizard of Oz over the weekend. Having it around has me even more excited for Dialed In now, but this should hold me over well.

You are indeed lucky. WoZ is a masterpiece.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You are indeed lucky. WoZ is a masterpiece.

Agreed! After a year owning it, every time I walk by it still calls me over to play.

You may want to check out the Red Smoke Witch mod as well, it's got a waiting list so it may take a good while to get but it's so worth it!

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Agreed! After a year owning it, every time I walk by it still calls me over to play.
You may want to check out the Red Smoke Witch mod as well, it's got a waiting list so it may take a good while to get but it's so worth it!

Witch mod is great. Has me playing Woz again and excited about it!

Awesome pin

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Anyways, this is my first JJP game that I've bought and I'm stoked.
For you guys and gals out there that have this on pre-order, I can promise you, it's the real deal and you won't be disappointed

This was helpful to read Nick! I have money down on AFM remake (non-refundable) and DI LE (refundable). The SW announcement made me pause and wonder whether I should cancel the DI. Of course adding all 3 would be great--but my fiancée doesn't know about all the pins I already have--could be a deal-breaker, lol

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

but my fiancée doesn't know about all the pins I already have--could be a deal-breaker,

You could always get a new fiancée. How often do three great pins come along at the same time ?

LTG : )

#532 6 years ago

DI is slowly winning me over...but still can't quite get over the $9k price for terrible art and a so-so theme. I mean, I have a RS but that only cost me $2k. That's tolerable. $9k better blow my balls off in ALL aspects. SW is failing too. I predict I'll buy a DI and a SW used in a couple years at steep discounts.

Buy 'em up boys!

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I predict I'll buy a DI and a SW used in a couple years at steep discounts.

Unlikely for a JJP machine. WoZ has held value extremely well for what, 4 years? Hobbit not so much, but even what it sells for used can't be called a "steep" discount. From what I've played, Dialed In seems to be another WoZ with deep, fun, wide-appeal gameplay, and I expect it will probably hold value like WoZ. We'll see.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

DI is slowly winning me over...but still can't quite get over the $9k price for terrible art and a so-so theme. I mean, I have a RS but that only cost me $2k. That's tolerable. $9k better blow my balls off in ALL aspects. SW is failing too. I predict I'll buy a DI and a SW used in a couple years at steep discounts.
Buy 'em up boys!

I won't be of any help to you because I'm not buying SW and I'm *never* selling my DI.

Also, the artwork is cheesy on DI. The bobble-headed figures and mom jeans dude...oh well.

The Hobbit is currently JJPs weakest game, however, despite its phenomenal artwork, visuals, integration and sound. It's layout is it's weak point with too open of a playfield, cheesy pop-ups and completely pointless third flipper. But it is still a lot of fun and that's all that really matters. It is my wife's favorite along with Medieval Madness (which seems to be everyone's favorite at my house).

#535 6 years ago

May very well end up buying a Dialed In LE and putting it along side my WOZ LE and Hobbit LE. WOZ and Hobbit are easily the two pins that I've been the most impressed with.

#536 6 years ago

I would love a DI next to my woz and Hobbit, but I can't buy them all. I'm impatiently waiting for jjp4 if it's potc. It will either be jjp4, SW, or maybe AS. I strongly prefer jjp though.

#537 6 years ago

If JJP keeps making games like they have been, I'll have a basement full of only JJ pins.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

If JJP keeps making games like they have been, I'll have a basement full of only JJ pins.

I agree with this. As much as I want DI, I'm still a big theme guy and hoping jjp4 is a home run. I like DI theme, but I'm a licensed theme guy. DI looks amazing as all jjp games do.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Currently with todays pins, it just seems like JJP put much more into their pins - technology, unique shot designs and playfields, code effort with long term support, and a lot of "fun" elements - theatrical fun experiences. I'm feeling the same way. The "fun" factor and lower cost might make me stray with an AS initially (TBD). The JJP machines seem to be forever keepers for us though. We are holding out for JJP #4, play them all again at Chicago Expo (#4 probably for the first time), maybe purchase one then, and save for future additional fun.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The "fun" factor and lower cost might make me stray with an AS initially (TBD)

This is key. I really like what AS pro gives you for $5200. Any jjp games will be better than any stern, but price is hard to keep up with.

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlikely for a JJP machine. WoZ has held value extremely well for what, 4 years? Hobbit not so much, but even what it sells for used can't be called a "steep" discount. From what I've played, Dialed In seems to be another WoZ with deep, fun, wide-appeal gameplay, and I expect it will probably hold value like WoZ. We'll see.

DI will be the next Twilight Zone...There..I said it!

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

DI will be the next Twilight Zone...There..I said it!

I thought WOZ was already the next Twilight Zone?

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I thought WOZ was already the next Twilight Zone?

Not in terms of popularity. Unless the theme police don't want to admit to themselves the theme is relevant to today's society and is just plain fun, this pin will easily be a top 10 machine. Possibly top 5.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Not in terms of popularity. Unless the theme police don't want to admit to themselves the theme is relevant to today's society and is just plain fun, this pin will easily be a top 10 machine. Possibly top 5.

I'd say IF DI even comes close to the "popularity" of Woz, it will be a grand slam.

How can you assess that DI will be "easily a top 10 machine" at this point? Or top 5?

It's kind of ridiculous and no need to pump it up like that but great that you are so excited about it.

I hope JJP knocks it out.

#545 6 years ago

In terms of game play it will rank pretty high, but the Pinside rankings also factor in theme / art. That will likely keep this game out of the top 5.

Btw, I like the art and theme, but it seems many do not feel the same way.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

DI is slowly winning me over...but still can't quite get over the $9k price for terrible art and a so-so theme

Its 8k not 9...i know that doesn't make it an immediate buy but it's better

Quoted from iceman44:

How can you assess that DI will be "easily a top 10 machine" at this point? Or top 5?
It's kind of ridiculous and no need to pump it up like that but great that you are so excited about it.

Too true. Any of the bold claims from any game is annoying.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say IF DI even comes close to the "popularity" of Woz, it will be a grand slam.
I hope JJP knocks it out.

WOZ numbers for DI would be incredible, but probably unlikely. When I told my wife the next JJp game, she said "what's dalladin?". After telling her it wasn't the sequel to Aladdin and it was a sim city disaster style game, she still had very little interest. I was also disinterested until I played it at level 257 when I was in IL for work. Within the span of 80 minutes or so, I went from totally zero interest, to I have to have this game...it was that much fun. It doesn't have theme to grab the initial interest, but I think sales will be semi strong once it's in the wild and people's homes. Time will tell I guess, but definitely caught me by surprise with how much fun it was.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ and Hobbit are easily the two pins that I've been the most impressed with.

IMG_8167 (resized).PNGIMG_8167 (resized).PNG

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

WOZ numbers for DI would be incredible, but probably unlikely. When I told my wife the next JJp game, she said "what's dalladin?". After telling her it wasn't the sequel to Aladdin and it was a sim city disaster style game, she still had very little interest. I was also disinterested until I played it at level 257 when I was in IL for work. Within the span of 80 minutes or so, I went from totally zero interest, to I have to have this game...it was that much fun. It doesn't have theme to grab the initial interest, but I think sales will be semi strong once it's in the wild and people's homes. Time will tell I guess, but definitely caught me by surprise with how much fun it was.

I did the same thing with AS, had ZERO interest until it came out and everybody loved it, bought it and Wow for me.

Maybe I'll feel the same way about DI later too.

It's a Lawlor pin so that should get the benefit of the doubt. And I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed either.

My wife too was like wtf is that and I already feel stupid buying these pinball machines, because I'm the only one who plays them in my family.

Its new pinball so I'm anxious to see what happens when it gets out there in the wild.

Either way, I 1000% respect the labor of love for all of JJP nation, of which i'm a part of, getting it done and making something to be very proud of.

#550 6 years ago

If you havn't played DI yet, wait and give it a chance. I have played it over 25 times and I now have a DILE coming. it's going to be great. It's Pat Lawlor, come on!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.