5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.
#452 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

#453 6 years ago

I'm sure Jack and co. are celebrating the release of Stern's Star Wars. DI compared to Star Wars seems like a no brainer.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I'm sure Jack and co. are celebrating the release of Stern's Star Wars. DI compared to Star Wars seems like a no brainer.

Seriously. The shots and tech alone. BLOW SW AWAY.

#455 6 years ago

It has more going for it than Star Wars at first glance, sure, but that theme alone is huge. Both machines should do well. I don't see any reason why they should go down in history tied to one another despite their similar release dates.

But man, JJP is really justifying their added cost when you compare what's in these games.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't see any reason why they should go down in history tied to one another despite their similar release dates.
But man, JJP is really justifying their added cost when you compare what's in these games.

I don;t see why either...but people keep doing it over and over. Again, there's a 3K diff'rence between the low ends on these machines; that is significant. I've never really thought Premiums/Les were worth the extra cash so I don't even get into that.

#457 6 years ago

Kman has been talking up starwars for a while now(disclaimer I love listening to him) which has been driving me crazy, and about the impact it will have on other releases like Dialed In. Should of known it's just sterns mo to skimp and put out cheap uninspired crap..... I'm not some little kid who collects Star Wars legos or dolls - I like pinball, and JJP builds the best. I'm happy to spend 3k more on a awesome product, versus 3k less on cheap often ugly corner cutting crap.
I'm on vacation in Orlando and just played SpiderMan ve at universal - EVERYTHING but the dots & pops felt cheap compared to the original - but people just love them cranking out cheaper stuff so to each their own. I'm drinking & partying - but will prob buy Dialed in once I play it in June.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't see any reason why they should go down in history tied to one another despite their similar release dates.

For me personally, the release dates are a problem. With this kind of $$$, I want each game to be the "Belle of the Ball" for a while. Dialed In is a done deal for me, expecting it this summer. It might eat Star Wars' lunch, in my arcade anyhow.

#459 6 years ago

Star Wars??? Besides, if you stare long enough the guy in the middle of the playfield kind of resembles Harrison Ford. OK...well maybe not so much.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Seriously. The shots and tech alone. BLOW SW AWAY.

Reading past posts it is totally apparent to me that some buyers are attracted to theme alone no matter how bad the gameplay is. I do know this. Dialed In! is the first pin that I have played that felt like a 9K game. Played WoZ after it and it did not feel as substantial.

I'm the biggest Star Wars fan I know. No way am I plunking down cash on that uninspired game.

Pat has really come up with an imaginative and fun game that feels new and fresh. I guess I'm just getting tired of poorly thought out licenses.

#462 6 years ago

Without seeing any gameplay (or anyone having played it) but based on the pics that are out SW looks like a bunt from Stern. I don't think it will have any impact on DI sales. The die hard Stern fans will still buy SW but they weren't going to buy DI anyway.

As a major Star Wars fan, I figured it would be an instant buy, but no, it's not... will have to play it... might be a maybe, DI seems more likely. Still holding out hope JJP pulls a rabbit out of his arse and follows up Sterns Star Wars bunt with a JJP Rogue One slugger.

I know it ain't happening but you gotta play to win

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I don't think it will have any impact on DI sales.

You don't? you should, real clips and audio from one of the best film series ever in history and most of us growing up with these films vs DI cell phone game with sound and animation that would feel right at home on the treehouse network, come on.

#465 6 years ago

Not to mention nearly half the price, it could have been worse if the art would have been epic, but it will still sell well

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You don't? you should, real clips and audio from one of the best film series ever in history and most of us growing up with these films vs DI cell phone game with sound and animation that would feel right at home on the treehouse network, come on.

You mean clips from a movie I can watch regularly in my home theater on a playfield with art by Kenner?

DI will soon be a top ten game...Star Wars will be sitting with Rolling Stones. They just need C-3PO on a stick to make it perfect!

#467 6 years ago

Yes, the gears are in motion. One step closer to being "Dialed In!"

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Without seeing any gameplay (or anyone having played it) but based on the pics that are out SW looks like a bunt from Stern. I don't think it will have any impact on DI sales. The die hard Stern fans will still buy SW but they weren't going to buy DI anyway.
As a major Star Wars fan, I figured it would be an instant buy, but no, it's not... will have to play it... might be a maybe, DI seems more likely. Still holding out hope JJP pulls a rabbit out of his arse and follows up Sterns Star Wars bunt with a JJP Rogue One slugger.
I know it ain't happening but you gotta play to win

If you remember the reveal of DI before game play did not go well either

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I was focused on the name when revealed. I never thought DI looked bad at all. The new Star Wars pin looks like shit. I don't have to play it.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Still calling it a cell phone game is dumb. Everybody knows it's a disaster theme game and the cell phone is just a toy in the game. If you don't know that by now, you're sort of unqualified to give such HOT TAKE opinions on the game.

The Star Wars LCD show should be fun, but the clip show presentation sucks compared to custom animations. I really hope they have stuff beyond video clips that repeat over and over.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Only by the theme police. I think most saw decent artwork and layout along with the usual JJP monitor.

Here's the thing. Stern buys up themes but does little to create a pin that reflects and builds on the theme with few exceptions (Metallica, AC/DC, Simpsons, Spider-Man). Getting a theme like Star Wars only seems to have made Stern more lazy. The theme will sell itself. Why create a decent art package? Let's spit out the games as fast as possible.

Say what you will about JJP but there has been nothing "cheap" about any of their games to date. From the artwork, audio, animation and software, there is some sense of artistry.

#472 6 years ago

I would only consider the LE and at 9k I would have a tough time justifying the purchase at this time. That's what I paid for Woz and I told myself at the time I'm not making a habit (Hobbit) spending that kind of money for a pinball machine.

Toss in I really like what I own and feel I have enough games for variety, including 2 JJP which I want to keep. I want to help my kids with some larger home expenses like new ac, rebuild porch, etc. then we all can sleep better at night.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

You mean clips from a movie I can watch regularly in my home theater on a playfield with art by Kenner?
DI will soon be a top ten game...Star Wars will be sitting with Rolling Stones. They just need C-3PO on a stick to make it perfect!

"Oh, my goodness gracious me"!

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I'm not some little kid who collects Star Wars legos or dolls

Me neither, I'm a grown ass man who collects Star Wars legos and dolls.

#475 6 years ago

If we were teenagers this would mean Jack & I were going steady.

IMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPG

jackfrolics (resized).jpegjackfrolics (resized).jpeg

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Still calling it a cell phone game is dumb.

I well aware of the theme and have played the game, its still a giant ridiculous looking little girls cell phone, trying to justify the toddler like toys and pre teen girl look of DI is what is really dumb.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I feel abused now.... Finding out like this.

I'm not taking you to prom

#478 6 years ago

I have had the fortune of putting multiple hours on DI and have to say it is super fun. Great flow and so much packed into the game. Rules and animations will continue to get better with time, looking forward to watching this machine evolve. Very well built, nice easy access to boards. JJP's best machine so far. If I could wish for one mod it would be for someone to come out with replacement buildings for the 2 figures on the PF. Would not be hard to do and would better blend (IMHO) than the oversized billboard characters.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I have had the fortune of putting multiple hours on DI and have to say it is super fun. Great flow and so much packed into the game. Rules and animations will continue to get better with time, looking forward to watching this machine evolve. Very well built, nice easy access to boards. JJP's best machine so far. If I could wish for one mod it would be for someone to come out with replacement buildings for the 2 figures on the PF. Would not be hard to do and would better blend (IMHO) than the oversized billboard characters.

They're meant to be mascots, I believe. They do look goofy, but I think it's intentional, sort of like Red and Ted. But yeah, doesn't mean that they don't look goofy.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I well aware of the theme and have played the game, its still a giant ridiculous looking little girls cell phone, trying to justify the toddler like toys and pre teen girl look of DI is what is really dumb.

Its a original neat fun disasterish theme and it works very well imo once you play it with a open mind . Lots of neat things going on that are off the wall from the mind of pat l. I find it a breath of fresh air this day in age with every pin being a licenced movie / show or music pin. Its a great throwback to the b/w days when every release felt way different. Theres a reason b/w pins are so popular and continue to rise in price and be remade. Dialed in will be great or better than many of those prior pins due to all the technology and deep rules . Just give it some time to get out and be discovered.

#481 6 years ago

Interview with Jack from K-man about Dialed in an JJP

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-129-jersey-jack

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me neither, I'm a grown ass man who collects Star Wars legos and dolls.

I'm more a boob man myself

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's awesome!!!

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can only imagine what the sales totals would be with the package JJP offers if DI was Star Wars or Harry Potter.

I got a CE coming and wouldn't have ordered either of those. Not all pinheads are licensed theme junkies

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Awww... somebody can't afford Dialed In. I'm sorry little buddy.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

That's some funny shit.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Interview with Jack from K-man about Dialed in an JJP

That was a really great interview, kudos.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

the 2 figures on the PF.

Did anyone other than me notice that the electric guy/target that moves across the playfield looks an awful lot like Jack G?
Anyway I have an LE on order and I can't wait to get it!

#489 6 years ago

I actually like how Dialled in looks etc but for a quick title 4 JJP could retheme Dialled in as a Fallout game.

Phone becomes a Pip boy, sim cards become the S.P.E.C.I.A.L perks, Subway station, merely is made to look abandoned etc.

The game is virtually about being attacked by everything from bugs to synthetic humans.

Tonnes of animation already done from game, modes easy to do.

Massive franchise with last three titles in series selling 30 million games!

And awesome artwork

images (22) (resized).jpgimages (22) (resized).jpg

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I actually like how Dialled in looks etc but for a quick title 4 JJP could retheme Dialled in as a Fallout game.
Phone becomes a Pip boy, sim cards become the S.P.E.C.I.A.L perks, Subway station, merely is made to look abandoned etc.
The game is virtually about being attacked by everything from bugs to synthetic humans.
Tonnes of animation already done from game, modes easy to do.
Massive franchise with last three titles in series selling 30 million games!
And awesome artwork

Perhaps Mr. Lawler is a fan?

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I didn't know if I should upvote you for being funny or down vote you for being a dick lol

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Say what you will about JJP but there has been nothing "cheap" about any of their games to date. From the artwork, audio, animation and software, there is some sense of artistry.

This and a passion for pinball. I don't know why, but Stern's games always feel cold and soulless to me.

#493 6 years ago

What features does the DI LE have over the standard DI? Also is the price on the LE $9k?

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What features does the DI LE have over the standard DI? Also is the price on the LE $9k?

Yeah, LE is $9000. Differences are all cosmetic.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I'm more a boob man myself

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD (resized).jpg82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD (resized).jpg

#497 6 years ago

To me, the $1000 additional cost is worth it over the Standard. The lighted ramp, lighted laser etched city and invisiglass. Especially the colored armor - I think stainless looks poor here. I probably wouldn't ever use the headphone jack.

I'm not in on Dialed In yet but hope to be soon and when I do, I will go LE.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

To me, the $1000 additional cost is worth it over the Standard.

Yeah I can see that but I'm going standard look...classic stainless is a must for me. Sure the lighted ramp would be nice but not 1K more when the price is already so damn high (to me anyway)

#499 6 years ago

I am a bit annoyed that the topper is only available for the Collector's edition. I like toppers on my machines and it would be nice to even be able to buy one as a separate item.

Debating Radcals on this machine. Has anyone used them? Are they that much better and worth the $400?

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I can see that but I'm going standard look...classic stainless is a must for me. Sure the lighted ramp would be nice but not 1K more when the price is already so damn high (to me anyway)

Invisiglass is not a trivial upgrade included with the LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/10?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.