(Topic ID: 12249)

Dad refuses to play a single game of pinball with me.

By CrazyFliprFingrs

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

One of these days when he departs this planet I will buy a BBB and a MM on the very same day with his money, and not feel bad at all about doing it. Not for a second.

Respectfully, if I am way off base, please forgive me, but you outta rethink this. Maybe he feels that you attained something in your life that he never could, whatever that hobby would have been, and your invitation just reminds him of what he feels is failure. Don't know what kind of circumstances you grew up in or how he feels about himself. If you have never seen "Fields of Dreams" it is about the anger a man has towards the "wasted" life of his father. But what it brings out is that we often do not know our fathers when they have life in their eyes and fire in the bellies before the world tears their balls off and leaves them a broken shell, and until we experience the same, we really are unable to relate.

Try to accept him for who he is. You are angry and when he does go, what you might find is that you may not be grieving him as much as the loss of the hope of the opportunity to have related successfully to him. that grief is much heavier.

Regardless of how he chooses to act, it is not a statement about you and more a statement about himselff.

It funny. I hate rap. But my son recently sent me a link to a song called "Yesterday" by Atmosphere. Very touching. If you do, listen through the end.

I hope I am not coming off too strong, but I probably am. It is something I feel so strongly about that I do get intense about it.

I hope things improve for you with your Pop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dad-refuses-to-play-a-single-game-of-pinball-with-me?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.