(Topic ID: 105232)

Cyclopes Pinball EDIT: NOS Playfield Found!!!

By Ronnie1114

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Power supply.jpg
Power supply 2.jpg
2014-10-17 10.44.23.jpg
2014-08-23 23.29.52.jpg
GI.JPG
IMG_3252.JPG
0310151944e.jpg
0310151944d.jpg
0310151944c.jpg
0310151944b.jpg
0310151944a.jpg
0310151944.jpg
0310151934.jpg
0122151714.jpg
1204142200.jpg
1203141754e.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I'm talking about the small blue thing above the power board.

Those are tantulum capacitors that go to the 5 volt regulator. Quite possible your regulator is shot (lm323k I think is the part) . if they smoked they are bad. What I typically do with a new machine is unplug all of the connectors on the power supply and then turn on a measure the voltages. Of course if the regulator was bad , you would still get smoke

Great find! I love my cyclopes.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Wow. Thanks for the info. Any guess on where to get one?

You can get them at digikey or mouser or bob roberts. Do you happen to have a meter? If so I would test out the regulator first. Do you know when the machine last worked?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Looking online it looks like my game has different colored drops and decals. They look very factory to me as the decals are the same font used as the ones on the game pictured with white drops and different colored decals.

Glad to hear you are making progress!

As far as the drops. The originals are supposed to be white (bought a NOS populated playfield from Pacak a long time ago). They are pretty much impossible to find GamePlan white drop targets. You can take old gottlieb ones and make them work (I have some new gottliebs for backups).

As far as the grey bumper caps, they are really hard to find. You may just want to take a normal cap and spray paint. I did find an original grey bumper cap at Expo a couple years ago at the L&M amusements booth. Larry bought a lot of the GamePlan stock when they closed doors back in the day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclopes-pinball-shop-out-restoration-thread?tu=pinballj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.