(Topic ID: 105232)

Cyclopes Pinball EDIT: NOS Playfield Found!!!

By Ronnie1114

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Power supply.jpg
Power supply 2.jpg
2014-10-17 10.44.23.jpg
2014-08-23 23.29.52.jpg
GI.JPG
IMG_3252.JPG
0310151944e.jpg
0310151944d.jpg
0310151944c.jpg
0310151944b.jpg
0310151944a.jpg
0310151944.jpg
0310151934.jpg
0122151714.jpg
1204142200.jpg
1203141754e.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noahpdavis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

Great score! Did it come with a schematic/manual? If not I believe I have a pic of my Andromeda power supply schematic (from when I had one) lying around. They came out back to back, so it's probably pretty close if no exactly the same. Happy to post if it'll help.

#30 9 years ago

The DE drop conversion isn't too bad if you have to do it, but no reason to go for it if all the original drops are in okay shape. The main problem with them is that after 30 years they can be pretty brittle and snap.

Regarding GI - it looks like Cyclopes flashes all the GI on/off. Not sure if there's a transistor driving a relay to flash them, but worth looking into.

#46 9 years ago

To fix that GI hack you'll need .156 header pins, connector plugs and .156 trifercon crimp contacts and a 1028-ct or 1026-ct (I can't remember which one) crimper.

Great plains has what you need! - https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=37

1 week later
#76 9 years ago

Cool to see you're makin' progress!

1 month later
#106 9 years ago

Lookin' good man!

1 month later
#116 9 years ago

Connector FTW!

3 weeks later
#148 9 years ago

Gonna be tough to scan a populated pf

3 weeks later
#159 9 years ago

I remember the flashers in my Andromeda burning out pretty quick. I had a pinbot and put 89's in the eyes and they burned out SUPER fast. Turned out the manual called for 1251's (which are not as bright).

Is there any chance you're supposed to use something like 1251's in the gameplan flash locations? I don't have any gameplan manuals handy.

#171 9 years ago

Did the pf gi on the NEW playfield ever work?

#174 9 years ago

On andromeda is was the black/yellow wire for GI. I had to rebuild/pin both the in/out connections on the SDU and power supply

1 month later
#187 9 years ago

Yes - I believe you'll see GI returns (black/brown) going in/out of the solenoid driver board where the relay is that switches it on/off. I had to rebuild them on my Adnromeda -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39156535@N03/7310255518/

4 weeks later
#193 8 years ago

Huge thanks to Ronnie for comin' through with Cyclopes this afternoon on his way home form PAGG. He'd promised it to me what seems like a year ago, and delivered - thanks again man! I can finally close my ancient WTB thread.

So first order of business is digging into this GI problem. I've got good AC voltage on the power supply all the way down to the white connector between the backbox/playfield.

With that connector disconnected, I have good voltage across the pins on the backbox side (male). When I connect it to the playfield side (female), the voltage goes away completely. I've checked this in real time with my meter seeing voltage on the male side and vanishing when I plug it in. I've checked continuity with the connector connected and everything buzzes nice and strong, so I don't think it's actually the connector.

Backbox GI is fine. feature lamps are fine

I tugged twisted just about all the GI sockets on the playfield. What should I check next?

Psyched to see it all lit up soon (hopefully).

IMG_3252.JPGIMG_3252.JPG
#197 8 years ago

Thanks - that did it! After buzzing out the line from the black/brn wire on the driver board to the relay and back out, I noticed a slightly "grey" header pin/connector pin on the upper right connector. Reflowed the header pin and replaced w/ a trifercon and it's looking great!

GI.JPGGI.JPG
#199 8 years ago

He's too busy playing his new Devils Dare and Hot Doggin' and Excalibur and ??? - ha.

#204 8 years ago

Looks like these are the right flash bulbs (the 89's in it are too bright and burning out quick) - can anyone confirm?

http://www.bulbtown.com/1155_MINIATURE_BULB_BA15S_BASE_p/1155.htm?CartID=1

#206 8 years ago

I'll take that as a yes! Ordering now. Found 'em slightly cheaper here - https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/1110/IND-1155-10PK.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noahpdavis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclopes-pinball-shop-out-restoration-thread?tu=noahpdavis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.