(Topic ID: 348739)

Cyclone with new playfield and ramps pricing??

By pindude80

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_083959 (resized).jpg
20231218_083925 (resized).jpg
20231218_083806 (resized).jpg
20231218_083734 (resized).jpg
20231218_083725 (resized).jpg
20231218_083715 (resized).jpg
#1 7 months ago

I am going to list my Cyclone for sale and could use some advice / opinions on pricing.

I was looking at the archived ads and saw a few between $3500 and $4000 that sold. Mine has a new CPR playfield, new ramps, and LEDs. It looks like the current price for the bare playfield is $900 on CPRs website.

What would you guys think the value is on this game? I have attached pictures.

Thanks

20231218_083715 (resized).jpg20231218_083715 (resized).jpg20231218_083725 (resized).jpg20231218_083725 (resized).jpg20231218_083734 (resized).jpg20231218_083734 (resized).jpg20231218_083806 (resized).jpg20231218_083806 (resized).jpg20231218_083925 (resized).jpg20231218_083925 (resized).jpg20231218_083959 (resized).jpg20231218_083959 (resized).jpg
#2 7 months ago

You will get $200 more in value if you spend 2 hours and $20 fixing up the coin door with new coin stickers and coin return flaps.

#3 7 months ago

Well I think a new playfield adds value when done properly. For me looking at the photos it looks like parts were taken from the old and put on the new without going through them also the proper tined wire wasn’t used indicates a not so thought out job… Ive seen a few games like this just now. Just take the time to go the extra mile and clean or replace worn dirty parts as part of the process… now someone will have to go through and clean it up hence lower value…

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Well I think a new playfield adds value when done properly. For me looking at the photos it looks like parts were taken from the old and put on the new without going through them also the proper tined wire wasn’t used indicates a not so thought out job… Ive seen a few games like this just now. Just take the time to go the extra mile and clean or replace worn dirty parts as part of the process… now someone will have to go through and clean it up hence lower value…

I didn't do the playfield swap; the previous owner did it. I would have done everything you mentioned and more.

I don't have the time to go through it and clean it up.

What would value be in as-is condition?

#5 7 months ago

I got 3800 for mine with all new ramps (including the impossible to find blue ramp), playfield, 100% cleaned and rebuilt underside parts, new wheel controller board and the cab was restenciled.

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I got 3800 for mine with all new ramps (including the impossible to find blue ramp), playfield, 100% cleaned and rebuilt underside parts, new wheel controller board and the cab was restenciled.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know what you got for yours! How long did you sell it?

Mine has a new playfield but the underside wasn't cleaned an rebuilt and the stencil wasn't redone like yours. I'm thinking ours would be similar value? I was thinking of listing mine for $4000 or $4200 obo. That price seems a little high but I don't want to underprice it. I guess I could always list it at $4200 and if I don't get any hits on it I can lower the price.

#7 7 months ago

$4000 or $4200 seems more than fair. I would have said ask $4500 and expect to negotiate down a little (to about where you are) but didn't want to poo on a potential resale.

I paid $2800 for mine (October), but have about $3100 in it.

Here is a video of mine I've been PMing in trade offers for comparison.

Yours has at least $1,000 over mine.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

$4000 or $4200 seems more than fair. I would have said ask $4500 and expect to negotiate down a little (to about where you are) but didn't want to poo on a potential resale.
I paid $2800 for mine (October), but have about $3100 in it.
Here is a video of mine I've been PMing in trade offers for comparison.

Yours has at least $1,000 over mine.

Great, I appreciate the feedback and info. I originally thought of listing mine at $4500 when I initially looked at pricing and saw games that sold between $3500 - $4000 for games with original playfields. I think I'm going to list it at $4400 or $4500 obo and like you said let someone negotiate me down.

Thanks again for the feedback and info!

#9 7 months ago

Just me and seeing the current market: I would ask $4K (or maybe $3900) and be willing to go down as low as $3500 after a few weeks if no bites. The machine looks really sharp to me by the way!

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Just me and seeing the current market: I would ask $4K (or maybe $3900) and be willing to go down as low as $3500 after a few weeks if no bites. The machine looks really sharp to me by the way!

I appreciate the feedback. My current thinking is I don't need to sell it to raise funds and I can make room for my next game; just don't want to do that. So, in other words I'm in no hurry to sell and don't care if I sell it so I'm going to stick with the $4500 obo price, see what happens and if it doesn't sell I may leave the ad up for a while or list again at tax refund time.

Thanks, I think it looks pretty sharp also for a game that is 36 years old!

#11 7 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Everything looks pretty and clean to me. What areas in particular stand out to you?

I would value it around $3800.

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You will get $200 more in value if you spend 2 hours and $20 fixing up the coin door with new coin stickers and coin return flaps.

My eye went to those missing coin return flaps too. They don't make a hill of beans difference in playability, but seem to factor in as an overall appearance thing.

I have gotten in the habit of putting in new orange plastic pieces on those coin chutes when I get a new game. The three orange plastic pieces, spring and paper label/sticker are only like $6 per coin slot and I think they clean it up nice for something pretty inexpensive. A new LED behind there and the light comes through really nicely afterwards.

That new playfield looks amazing! Almost hard to see those boomerang inserts... they look transparent right into the cabinet. Cool! Love being able to see through crystal clear new ramps too.

Not sure how that would be priced in Canadian dollars. I would guess less than $5,000 CAD. Pinside values for games also at $4,000 USD are titles like Demolition Man, Johnny Mnemonic and No Fear and in my opinion, a pristine Cyclone just is not going to get as much as a good condition DM or JM or NF which are listing at $6,000 CAD and higher right now. It's weird like that. Pinbot seems to always advertise higher than Cyclone, but it's not that much of a better game in my opinion.

Yours looks real nice. I would highlight also the condition of the boards in the backbox too and battery condition for example.

#13 7 months ago

It's a cyclone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Belfast, NY
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.