View topic image gallery

IMG_0931 (resized).JPG
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
IMG_0907 (resized).JPG
IMG_0903 (resized).JPG
IMG_0897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0896 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice on putting in the display. I got it all soldered on and it works perfect. One last thing is that motor though. I measured the voltage when it stopped and it was 6.2. Does this sound right? It seems odd to me that the motor would only work and then not work. A new motor is not expensive but just want to make sure its not something else before I get one. The pins on the relay board look good. No burn or anything like that.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I got it all soldered on and it works perfect.

Good job.

Quoted from Don44:I measured the voltage when it stopped and it was 6.2.

Should be 24 volts A/C. Where did you have your black lead? Since its A/C voltage you need to test the yellow wires that go to the motor. If this is how you tested it then remove the relay board from the p/f and reflow the header pins because 6.2 volts wont turn the motor.

#53 7 years ago

If I recall correctly, there is another identical relay (maybe in the backbox). Check the manual. You can swap that with the ferris wheel motor relay to test it.

#54 7 years ago

I wound up swapping the relays and realized there was a flaky connection on that relay. Originally I had checked the other relay on the bottom, there is actually 3 relays. I am now completely done with Cyclone. Thanks guys and Grumpy for all the help. Cyclone was completely dead when I first picked it up in a bar. I stripped and cleaned the playfield, did touchups, added inset decals and waxed. Fixed the power supply, replaced a transistor on the aux power board, replaced a display, fixed several wiring hacks, rebuilt flippers, repaired the comet ramp, did some cabinet restoration etc. Here is my before and after photos.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

IMG_0931 (resized).JPGIMG_0931 (resized).JPG

#55 7 years ago

Looking gooood.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-tech-help-needed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.