New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 78481)

Cyclone switch problem

By Pizza-Bob

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi All , not really sure what's going on but I bought a cyclone and it was working fine and all of a sudden 5x is flashing and won't go off and the ride the comet for a million works intermittently and jack pot stays lit at 2 million ? Just starting to read up on pinball to try to understand the electronics . Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Some starting suggestions:
-Open backbox and check batteries for corrosion.
-Get the manual (hardcopy) or online .pdf at IPDB, reset to factory settings (game adjustment procedure, pages 10 & 22
- Run the diagnostics tests from the manual page 26 to 33

Let us know your findings. Got to start somewhere.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for your speedy reply , i will give that a try

#4 6 years ago

I'm not sure but I believe the 5x flashing is normal. I think it signals the multiplier level you need to reach to be awarded a free game.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

I'm not sure but I believe the 5x flashing is normal. I think it signals the multiplier level you need to reach to be awarded a free game.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I worked on a Cyclone. Part of the reason I suggested resetting to defaults. Any Cyclone owners out there?

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the great advice rest the game to factory and all seems to be good thanks way out 44 !
NJDevils30 your right 5x is normal , I checked out a couple of videos on YouTube and they all have the 5x lit on them as well . I'm also from jersey Edison small world ! I did notice though that my main board is from earth shaker & aux power board , is that ok ? Because the aux board has a couple of extra fusses I tried to match up with the manual .
Also when in AU/MD the score display reads factory altered id 01 is this because it has different system 11 boards in it d-12247-568 ? Thanks again

#7 6 years ago

Pizza-Bob, factory ID 01 is normal, indicates which of the install options are in effect. Changing any game adjustments results in "factory altered". This is a software thing, and has absolutely nothing to do with the different system 11 boards. This information is basically the same for all system 11s and is in the manual at the beginning of the description for audits and adjustments.

#8 6 years ago

Can't thank you enough I'm just starting to learn . I guess sometimes you have to do some reading! It all makes senses now . By the way , The Wayouts Rock I remember that episode . Thanks for all your help!

#9 6 years ago

Haha.. Funny that you are from Edison it's probably like ten minutes from me. I think Earthshaker is also a System 11B board so I believe there would be no problem with using it in a cyclone except for I guess the roms which could have been changed over. I could be wrong though.

#10 6 years ago

Thanks NJDevils for the help maybe I'll catch up with you in one of those lovely Middelsex county traffic jams .

#11 6 years ago

Time to join the Cyclone club and ask some questions there.
-mof
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Enfield, CT
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside