New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 74788)

Cyclone "Subway" and "Cyclone" ramps are NOW available!!

By PinballInc

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GPinballer
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo (13).JPG
P1070053.JPG
cyclonesub.png
Cyclone.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Pinball Inc is happy to announce that we have finished the Cyclone ramp and Subway ramp for the Williams Cyclone. These ramps are far thicker than the original and have been extensively tested for fit and performance. Our Comet ramp for the Cyclone will be available again in a week, maybe two with the holidays.

Merry Christmas to all!

Cheers,

James Loflin
Pinball Inc.
http://www.pinballinc.com

For those who do the facebook thing; https://www.facebook.com/PinballInc

Cyclone.jpg cyclonesub.png
#2 6 years ago

that's awesome. I've owned 4 cyclones over the years and all had broken ramps.
great job!

#3 6 years ago

James -

What a great Christmas present for Cyclone owners! Couple of questions:

How does this fit with your Comet Cyclone ramp? Any special modifications needed for both of them?

What was the thinking behind not doing the steel pad at the entrance to the subway? I'm assuming you believe it will perform the same as original or better without it.

Any bundle pricing on all three available?

Any plans on reproducing the C-11997 shroud that goes over the Cyclone ramp?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Blue_16-9064-B/index.html#/216/zoomed

Merry Christmas!

Looking forward to putting in an order in the new year!

viperrwk

#5 6 years ago

Sweet!!! Just ordered both, been waiting a long time for these, thanks you sir!

#6 6 years ago

Hi Viperrwk,
The new ramp fits quite well with both the original Comet ramp and our Comet ramp (past and future). The only thing you have to add is the longer hex mount spacer between the Comet and Cyclone ramp. This is the same spacer we provided with our original Comet ramp.

The steel drop pad is okay if someone wants to transfer their old one to the new subway. Our thicker ramp should hold up quite fine without it...but it never hurts if one wants.

Have not really looked into the cover. We may be able to do them when we make our next tool but we'd need one to scan.

The Ferris Wheel exit ramp is on the way as well. Once we get all four I'm sure we'll do a set price. Maybe a set price on the three as well.

And John....soon...

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Sweet!!! Just ordered both, been waiting a long time for these, thanks you sir!

Thanks!

#8 6 years ago

James, congratulations on getting these done! Should I worry about you guys possibly running out if I wanted to wait to order a complete set?

Chris

#9 6 years ago

Great news on Christmas Eve! Just ordered a set, many thanks for getting these done.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Great news on Christmas Eve! Just ordered a set, many thanks for getting these done.

Another fine product!! Great job, now we need Demolition Man ramp sets. I will take 3 sets. James, can you pull this one off by Expo 2014
Chad

#11 6 years ago

Been waiting a while for a Cyclone ramp to go with my nice new Comet ramp, thanks for making it happen.

#12 6 years ago

Those look SWEET. Let me know when you create the Taxi spinout ramp

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

James, congratulations on getting these done! Should I worry about you guys possibly running out if I wanted to wait to order a complete set?
Chris

Don't worry about us running out anytime soon. We make plenty and if they sell out we'll make more.

Cheers,
James

#14 6 years ago

3 days too late for me! Darn it!

#15 6 years ago

Anyone want to sell me their Cyclone? Broken ramps OK.

#16 6 years ago

This is truly some great news. Some can't wait five weeks for code. I know others have been waiting over five years for these. Merry X-mas!

#17 6 years ago

James,
Any chance you might make a Roller games ramp at some time? It's a beast but is really the entire game. I would certainly take one and perhaps there are others out there with ramps that either need to be replace or would want a spare. Thanks,

#18 6 years ago

Awesome news James! My restore job sitting next to me is going to be very happy. I will be getting the whole set once available.

Jaz

#19 6 years ago

Any word on how the new Bad Cats ramps are coming along?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any word on how the new Bad Cats ramps are coming along?

They are in the works....along with WCS....and 5 other projects.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

James,
Any chance you might make a Roller games ramp at some time? It's a beast but is really the entire game. I would certainly take one and perhaps there are others out there with ramps that either need to be replace or would want a spare. Thanks,

That one may be a problem at this time. If we can locate the original tooling we can do it with no problem. Without it we will be hard pressed to get them done anytime soon.

#22 6 years ago

Is there going to be plenty of these to go around?
Mine are usable right now, but i would like a new tougher set (plus these look beautifully clear as mine are discolored), i just don't see point in ordering a bunch of times when i can just wait a couple weeks and get them all at once.

Thanks,
Joe

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Is there going to be plenty of these to go around?
Mine are usable right now, but i would like a new tougher set (plus these look beautifully clear as mine are discolored), i just don't see point in ordering a bunch of times when i can just wait a couple weeks and get them all at once.
Thanks,
Joe

Yes, we'll have plenty to go around. We usually don't play the "one and done" game, we like to keep the needed parts available.

Thanks,
James

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

They are in the works....along with WCS....and 5 other projects.

RoadShow ?

#25 6 years ago

any idea on the price for all four?

#26 6 years ago

So does that mean you should have some at Allentown for sale? As shipping a ramp is awkward and prefer it arrives in one piece. Thanks.

#27 6 years ago

Great - now dig out that Indy 500 lady side ramp tool and go to work!!

#28 6 years ago

James packs his ramps great. I have ordered many from him and they all arrived in perfect condition if that would makes you feel more comfortable.

Quoted from Jokercyclone:So does that mean you should have some at Allentown for sale? As shipping a ramp is awkward and prefer it arrives in one piece. Thanks.

#29 6 years ago

Are you going to make the exit ramp from the Ferris wheel?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

The Ferris Wheel exit ramp is on the way as well. Once we get all four I'm sure we'll do a set price. Maybe a set price on the three as well.

I believe so

#31 6 years ago

It looks like ramps are finally happening maybe i can finally get cyclone nice and pretty again.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

So does that mean you should have some at Allentown for sale? As shipping a ramp is awkward and prefer it arrives in one piece. Thanks.

Yes, we'll have them at Allentown.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

James,

Hi Chet, does this look like the Roller Games ramp tool (sorry for the blurry photo)P1070053.JPG?

#34 6 years ago

James,
I would say 99% sure that is it. Just looked at my game and it really looks like it could be it. See picture. the ramp large and go from the left side of PF al the way to the right. Includes the main (the Wall) entrance and three exits going from right to left across. Lots of decals..

Would this be the molding you would use to make the ramps?

photo (13).JPG
3 weeks later
#35 6 years ago

Hey James I hope that you make a cyclone shroud also ( ride the cyclone 3 times for jackpot ) ! That would be awesome ! Thanks

1 week later
#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Hey James I hope that you make a cyclone shroud also ( ride the cyclone 3 times for jackpot ) ! That would be awesome ! Thanks

Hi Bob,
I think I may have found the tool to make the shroud. Could you send me a photo and I'll check?

Thanks,
James

1 year later
#37 5 years ago

Noticing that these are out of stock most places and haven't heard from anyone about other ramp production being back on-line (Bad Cats...). Is Starship getting ramps done still or not?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Noticing that these are out of stock most places and haven't heard from anyone about other ramp production being back on-line (Bad Cats...). Is Starship getting ramps done still or not?

They are. They're having to get caught up on a lot of demand due to a vendor issue. They're trying to restock as much as possible right now.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They are. They're having to get caught up on a lot of demand due to a vendor issue. They're trying to restock as much as possible right now.

It's good news. I got an e-mail from Larry that they are working on a new website so that might help show the things they have better.

8 months later
#40 4 years ago

Larry - Any word on the Cyclone Ferris Wheel Ramp?

1 month later
#41 4 years ago

I would like to buy the Ferris wheel ramp, the game I am repairing/restoring had this ramp removed by an operator when the Ferris wheel motor burnt out. To keep the game earning money, the operator also removed the ferris wheel and just covered the opening. I bought the ferris wheel, motor, pulley, belt and will make the bracket. I just need the Ferris wheel ramp. For the time being I will make a sheet metal ramp, but I would really like to buy the correct ramp.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside