6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I just replaced my old plasma display with a Rottendog LED display and while the display looks great, the upper two displays are illuminating commas where they should not be. I have powered down and reseated the connections with no joy. Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks in advance

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Just installed the blue rottendog display in Cyclone. It didn’t have the commas

#3 6 years ago

I did noice that when I first installed the display I was having segment issues but it was a bad ribbon cable causing the problem

#4 6 years ago

I got some great support from Jim at Rottendog, he said to check the ribbon for possible corrosion, I cleaned the ribbon plug with some contact cleaner, reseated it a few times and now all is working fine.

#5 6 years ago

Glad you got it figured out. Now go enjoy a few games on the best pre-dmd game ever made

#6 6 years ago

Those ribbon cables are a beotch. I'm to the point that i buy a new one when i shop out system 11s now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keller, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-rottendog-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.