11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170519_150819 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beauimpala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

The mystery wheel on my cyclone is not working properly. It has an error of 41 when you power up the game. The mystery wheel spins, but it can't figure out its location. Run it in test mode, and it spins fine, but can't locate home. Took it apart and replaced the opto with another opto I had laying around. Still no help. Does exact same thing. Anybody have any advice, or a possible spare part location. Thanks, Beau

#3 11 years ago

Ok............I would say home position was lost by me. How do you know where home position is. I would have lost the home position when I took the mystery wheel off to soder on a new opto. It would seem to me that if the mystery wheel is tight on the shaft and there is no whobble and it spins perfectly fine and the back of the mystery wheel goes through the opto it would be able to locate a home position?

#5 11 years ago

Viper wrk. Tons of good info here. I will test out your theories and repost. Thanks a bunch.

#6 11 years ago

I tried your jumper trick. Disconnected J10 and J8. No trigger when I'm in testing switch edges. Went to pin 9 on J10 and pin 7 on J8. Now you say Q47 needs to be replaced? This is just a baby transistor............what I thought was just a pre-drive transistor. This only needs to be replaced to get the opto to work? I guess what I'm asking is, it's not one of the larger transistors like one of the tip102s is it? Just replace the 2N3904 transistor at Q47? Thanks, Beau

1 week later
#9 10 years ago

Viperwrrk had the solution. Finally got to replacing the transistor at Q47 today. Wouldn't you know it the opto now works and tests perfect in switch test. Thanks so much for your very helpful information. There were also some slightly discolered/burnt resistors around Q47. I replaced those too while I was at it. Couldn't be happier. Now if somebody would make a comet ramp I'd have a pretty nice Cyclone. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beauimpala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-mystery-wheel-problem?tu=beauimpala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.