Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Deaner
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Help... I have been working on the Cyclone pinball I picked up a few months ago. I have read the other posts for mystery wheel problems, but my seems to be different than those.

When I go to the mystery wheel test there is no error code when I start it. Some times the wheel will spin in a clockwise manner and work correctly. The display properly displays the spot the clown is pointing at. It will work for several times and then it will stop and jitter back and forth or run counter clockwise.

When I start the game and trigger the mystery wheel it does not spin at all or just a little jitter back and forth.

I have put in a new mystery wheel motor from Marco Specialties. I have read the wire colors are different so I took that into account and ended up with:

Pin 1: White
Pin 2: Red
Pin 3: Empty
Pin 4: Empty
Pin 5: Blue
Pin 6: Yellow

I have also put in a new Rottendog power supply and I checked the CPU board and it is the stock Williams one.

I have run out of thing to try at this point and would appreciate any suggestions.

#3 9 years ago

I have looked for that since it was about the only thing I had not replaced. Any idea about where I can find one?

#9 9 years ago

Here is a link to the video of how my wheel behaves.

#11 9 years ago

Would the dirty opto cause the wheel to not spin or spin the wrong direction? I am beginning to wonder if there may be more than one problem.

I will give the opto a clean this weekend and see what that does.

Thank you for all of the help and suggestions.

#13 9 years ago

I took the wheel off of the board and cleaned the opto with a q-tip and iso-alchohol (91%). Did not make any difference...

I went to the switch test and turned the wheel to where SW41 was tripped. I left it there for about 5 minutes while I watched and it was tripped the entire time.

I checked the voltages going in and they were within +- 5%.

I emailed Tony at GLM and he has new boards coming out in about a month. I think that is going to be the way to go.

2 months later
#15 9 years ago

At this point I think I am just going to give up trying to get this working. Great lakes modular has not come out with the board yet. I have tried to Email Tony twice now about the status, but I don't even get a response.

1 month later
#16 9 years ago

I finally got the mystery wheel working, with help from viperrwk. The board had several issues, including previous repairs that were not done well. Thank you very much viperrwk, I could not have gotten it working without you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-mystery-wheel-issues?tu=deaner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.