New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 149130)

cyclone mystery wheel issue

By cycloneJoe

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cycloneJoe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160127_140653_(resized).jpg
20160127_140628_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

was having problems with the mystery wheel where either the wheel would only spin a little or not at all and i would get 1111111 across the display, i put in a new opto and reheated the solder on the stepper motor board. now the wheel spins great but the correct amount doesnt show up where his finger is, the amount that shows up on the display is always 1 or 2 spots below his finger. did i not do something incorrectly? if it helps to figure out anything the new opto wasnt tall enough so i put washers under the post mounts to move the stepper motor board up closer to the wheel so it would trigger the opto, before the washers it wouldnt trip.

#2 4 years ago

some of the lights on the right side of the playfield are acting up also, dont know if this is all tied in somehow

#3 4 years ago

anyone good with cyclones?

#4 4 years ago

I know little to nothing about Cyclones, but if the actual value of the wheel is always below the one awarded in a consistent manner, have you tried just pulling the wheel off the mechanism and re-installing it to calibrate the wheel where it would be giving the awards? Not sure if that's a possibility, just trying to give you some ideas.

#5 4 years ago

i tried that, didnt work

#6 4 years ago

somebody...anybody

#7 4 years ago

Does it work correctly in test mode? You can also search on this web site for old posts that have information on testing mystery wheel .

#8 4 years ago

does the same in test mode, always 1 or 2 spots from the clowns finger

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

Try reheating all the header pins on the board itself. Make sure the optic is okay and one of the 4 legs is not partially broken off. Also, the interconnector board between the backboard and the game (on the LEFT WALL inside the game) is LOADED with cold solder connections....reheat this board---it seems to solve lots of problems.
I am sure you checked to make sure wheel is spinning evenly...we ha a motor shaft slightly bent, and when wheel spun, the part that blocks the optic for half of the revolution, was actually moving out of the optic path! Todd Tuckey from TNT Amusements

20160127_140628_(resized).jpg

20160127_140653_(resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Try reheating all the header pins on the board itself. Make sure the optic is okay and one of the 4 legs is not partially broken off. Also, the interconnector board between the backboard and the game (on the LEFT WALL inside the game) is LOADED with cold solder connections....reheat this board---it seems to solve lots of problems.
I am sure you checked to make sure wheel is spinning evenly...we ha a motor shaft slightly bent, and when wheel spun, the part that blocks the optic for half of the revolution, was actually moving out of the optic path! Todd Tuckey from TNT Amusements

20160127_140628_(resized).jpg20160127_140653_(resized).jpg

thank you very much, i will have to give that a try

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside