(Topic ID: 322647)

Cyclone music test; am I doing it right?

By SimpleSam

2 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Seamlesswall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 days ago

My Cyclone is not playing any music but it is playing sounds. When I do the music test, it's a bit confusing because the manual indicates that when switching to the music test, the display should read "music off". Since I don't want the music off, I'm not sure I'm doing the test correctly. When I use the credit button to select the desired music selection, no music is played on any of the music tracks. Is there a switch sequence that turns music on? Or is my music dead? Thanks,

#2 1 day ago

You're doing the test right. It sounds like you are having a problem with your background sound board. That board produces the music, while the MPU's sound section produces the voice and sound effects.

#3 1 day ago

On the left edge of the CPU board are 2 buttons. One says sound. If you push that you will hear a high tone and lower tone alternating. One is the voice circuit the other is the music. On Taxi I only had one tone, (no voice) but the music worked. For me, it took an oscilloscope and schematic tracing to discover it was a simple $1.59 op amp. I could see the missing tone entering the chip, but no output.

#4 14 hours ago

Thanks all. I was pretty sure I was doing it correctly but didn't want to be making a stupid mistake.

#5 12 hours ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

but didn't want to be making a stupid mistake.

Do you have an extra hour to listen to my stupid mistakes?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!