(Topic ID: 38810)

Cyclone lighting question - Where to use #1251 lamps?

By phlflyer1

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rpageler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Attempting my first complete shopping of my Cyclone while I'm waiting for my main board to come back from being repaired.

I am trying to figure out where I should be using #1251 lamp(s). From what I can see, there is a black sheathed socket under the boomerang kickout that I'm pretty sure takes a #1251.

Do the other two sockets along the spookhouse subway take #1251s or should I be using #89s there? Do those sockets take either or would I be causing any potential damage by putting the wrong lamp in there?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

#2 6 years ago

3 1251's under the subway area. 89's won't cause a problem other than burn out in a few uses.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation on which bulbs to use. Wasn't completely sure based upon what I read so I figured someone here could set me straight.

#4 6 years ago

Technically you use 1251's in the three subway sockets. However, you can safely use them anywhere that 89's are. They are beefier and will be slightly dimmer.

7 months later
#5 6 years ago

I've used 3 blue #89 LEDs in the subway sockets. Has anyone had these blow? so far so good but it's only been a month.

#6 6 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't use an 89 LED there. It's a 13v lamp in a 25v circuit. BCs Pinball sells 1251 LEDs.

viperrwk

#7 6 years ago

I tried BCs pinball - are they legit? I cant get paypal to go through with my order - keeps bombing. I wrote them and they have not replied. Maybe ill try a phone call to BCs.

#8 6 years ago

I Need:
#1251 28.0V S.C. Bayonet (BA15s)

I think i found LEDs that will work. Please tell me if i'm missing something since these are not made for pinball in particular:

Site:
http://www.martekled.com/-strse-136/Bayonet-Based-LED-Lamp/Detail.bok

Select Lamp # and voltage (1683 24/28v) - it's a BA15s size.
And yes, they have various colors!

#9 6 years ago

If the base and voltage are correct it should work as I doubt any LED will pull more current than the equivalent incandescent. But $20 for an LED - that would be hard for me to justify. Personally, I'd just stick with the incandescents and find some type of bulb condom if I wanted it in a different color.

viperrwk

#10 6 years ago

Yeah. I thought they were six bucks but that is if you buy 500 or so. Oh well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethlehem, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside