11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by phlflyer1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phlflyer1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hello all,

Total noob here who just got through finishing my first real "shop" on my Cyclone including changing all lamps, rubbers, playfield plastics and full flipper rebuilds for both flippers.

Got everything back together, played one or two games and everything was fine.

After a couple of games, the left flipper is now no longer working. In addition, if I start a game now and just let it sit there it seems the ferris wheel and ball shooter kickback will randomly fire every so often.

I checked the solder points on the flipper and everything looks fine from what I can see.

And friendly advice on what the problem might be and how I can troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance for your help. This board has been very helpful so far as I learn about how to maintain my first pin. I'm very glad to have found this site.

#3 11 years ago

Should have added that I went through the coil and switch tests from the service menu and didn't see any issues. The right flipper which was also rebuilt still works just fine (at least for now).

Will check fuses first thing tomorrow. Any particular fuse(s) I should check or just go through them one by one?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Do you mean the coil fires in test mode? If it does you have a switch problem. If it does not it is fuse or something else.

The flippers are listed in the solenoid test matrix on page 28 of the manual but they don't have numbers assigned to them so I don't think they are part of the test? Everything that does attempt to fire as it cycles through the solenoid test seems to work fine.

Regardless, thanks to all of the help from everyone on the thread it looks like the problem has been resolved.

I feel pretty ignorant as I had no idea where to locate the specific fuse for the left flipper until this morning but, then again, I've only had my first pin for a few weeks now so I've still got a lot to learn.

The 2A fuse at F6 was indeed blown. I went to Rat Shaq and picked up some replacements. After replacing it for the first time, I blew another one fairly quickly.

After inspecting the left flipper again and checking the switch gap as suggested, I noticed that one of the wires that I soldered was awfully close to touching the metal base. I resoldered and moved the wire further away and so far so good.

Thanks again for everyone who took the time to reply and help edumacate this noob!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phlflyer1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-left-flipper-stopped-working-just-a-couple-of-games-after-rebuild?tu=phlflyer1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.